Author Topic: There is a host problem in the Feminists Group  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Aristotelian

There is a host problem in the Feminists Group
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
Another example of the treasure-trove of in-fighting which can be found in Meta...

obamanut2012

There is a host problem in the Feminists Group
And, I think it's time for a thread in Meta for all of this to get properly discussed.

I have no dog in this hunt, although I'm sure I will be accused of it. I just think this had reached ridiculous levels of bullying and accusations, and it is uncomfortable to watch this behavior.

The Cliffs Notes version: Redqueen resigned as Main Host about a week or so ago, and Neoma automatically went up a notch and became Main Host. All of the troll transphobia issues happened, and bled into the Feminists Group. Neoma blocked Iverglas from Feminists the other night. Redqueen reinstated her yesterday. Neoma was ordered by iverglas, and now Boston Bean, to resign. Neoma has stated she will not resign, which I think is probably best until things are discussed and resolved in a rational manner.

To complicate things: a link and screenshots were shared with some people from an off-site group where posters from Feminists chatted about whom to block from Feminists. Neoma was banned from this "Host Group," which included all the Hosts but Neoma and and also non hosts.

Those who wish to know what the timeline is, here you go:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11392827

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11392962

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11392956

And the unblocking thread that started the latest issues:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/11392613

This is not an issue of the LGBT vs. Feminists, as the above links will show. This is a much different issue.

I think the time comes when issues need to be discussed with the greater community, because all the groups and forums equal one whole that makes DU. I didn't post this for myself to get in some big argument with anyone, I am opening a dialogue. I think the DU Community needs to help counsel posters on what the best course of action here should be. There's alot of good heads here on DU.

Thanks.

DUmp link

The squabbles linked to are rather amusing to read too...different brands of man-hater hating each other.

Offline Karin

Re: There is a host problem in the Feminists Group
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »
I don't have the stomach to click through all those links, but this is one of the reasons for the new DUmp.

Aside from generating a windfall of cash for the sleazy little reptile Skimmer, it allows him to wash his hands of things like this.

At the new DUmp, with no moderators, the lunatics are left to fight it out among themselves.

Everyone, including Skimmer, knew that was a recipe for a continuous free-for-all.

But the more hatred and fighting, the more motivation to keep buying those expensive stars, right?

It's like an arms race, and Skimmer is Lockheed-Martin.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »
I wouldn't touch that entire snakepit with a 100-foot pole, would you?  Snarling, sniping, vicious feminists, intent on extracting their own petty vengeances and enacting their own agendas.   
<Shudder>

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
Certainly makes sense to me.
I would think that an all female group would have a "hostess".
Just sayin'. :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »

Remember..."female" is very loosely defined among liberals.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »
Remember..."female" is very loosely defined among liberals.

Do they discriminate against transgendered?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
I don't have the stomach to click through all those links, but this is one of the reasons for the new DUmp.

Aside from generating a windfall of cash for the sleazy little reptile Skimmer, it allows him to wash his hands of things like this.

At the new DUmp, with no moderators, the lunatics are left to fight it out among themselves.

Everyone, including Skimmer, knew that was a recipe for a continuous free-for-all.

But the more hatred and fighting, the more motivation to keep buying those expensive stars, right?

It's like an arms race, and Skimmer is Lockheed-Martin.

I been gone for a while "Bucks". I didn't even know about the "new DU".

Anyone care to bring me up to speed on this development?

I dunno, Skul, I thought you would call it their pimp!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:38:06 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:04 AM »
Oh wow! what a find! I wonder if they're all cycling at the same time? LOL!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Do they discriminate against transgendered?

Many a true word spoken in jest...that seems to be one of the arguments which is going on there.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
Reminder: Obamanaut and obamanut2012 are different primitives.
This too shall pass.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
Yep, somehow in 1 of the threads it turned into an argument about bigotry against transgendered folk.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
 seabeyond (68,705 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. you are in a thread discussing why tlking about our host belongs in our group. you bring to meta

whatever you posted, because i dont care, one sided for all the board to participate, with the discussion of our group host. you state you dont have a toe in this. assuming this is not your business, as you throw your whole body into it.

what would the purpose be, for you to create more outside disruption for our group, that is already dealing with outside disruption?

someone, am good at, engrish.

Violet_Crumble (24,692 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

5. Meta's not the place for this. It's already being discussed in the group n/t

Response to Violet_Crumble (Reply #5)
Tue Feb 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
 justiceischeap (7,040 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

8. I don't know that discussed is the right word

For what's going on over there.
*snicker*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
People are angry with Iverglas because she went to the defense of someone named Feldspar, Feldspar supposedly made "transphobic" comments, this is what Feldspar said:

Feldspar

"Gender and Orientaion"?!

Women (and our "issues" ) are now just lumped right in with the *queers* whether we're *queer* or not and as if we're some fringey minority like the MRAs over there in the OH So Necessary! Men's Group. Jeezuz, we all know that DU is one bigg-ass Men's Group already!

Females comprise more than 51% of the human population yet here we are in our little "safe haven" because we need paternalistic protection from the brothers riding roughshod all over us? Well there's something progressive and new! Way to blaze the trail for that women's EQUALITY y'all are going on about all the time!

Democracy? Ha! Effing pathetic is what it is.

And BTW: "Gender" is the societal construct which produces feminine and masculine as sexed roles based on the two biological sexes, Female and Male. I am NOT a *feminine*, I am a Female.

Then Feldspar explaining what she meant:

Feldspar

Whoopsie! I am a Lesbian and just thought

Last edited Sun Dec 11, 2011, 11:55 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
that everybody was hip to the fact that *queer* has been reclaimed by LGBT crowd. My bad.

My point was simply that Females are NOT a minority group like MRAs, Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Trans*people; females are The 51%.

And I for one am tired of being treated like some ghetto-ized special interest group when I belong to the majority class.

Iverglas goes on to say this:

Feldspar appeared to be a woman-identified lesbian. This might put her at odds with the LBGT-identified women we have heard from in the past.

I think that perspective is one that should be explored here. I think that is the issue raised in the post hidden in this thread. I also think Feldspar was not the most adept at posting coherently, let alone non-confrontationally, of course.

My main problem is the interference in the proceedings of the Feminists forum by someone who alerted on the post, by the jurors who voted to hide it, and by the MIRT member who decided to PPR the poster.

If we in this group have problems with posts or posters, we would like to be able to deal with them ourselves, just as the LBGT group does, for example. If we want to discuss other DU members or other DU discussions, we want to be able to do that too.

We intend to have the freedom to discuss anything we like from a feminist perspective as the group defines that perspective, and we intend to exercise that freedom.

If we feel that a post in this forum is inappropriate, one of us can alert on it. If the alert is unsuccessful and/or if the poster is asked and does not agree to edit or delete it, or persists in inappropriate posting after being asked not to, we can ban the person from this forum. We can ban people who post inappropriately in any case. We can take the problem to the administrators and request that the poster be PPRed, via a TOS alert.

This is our forum. We do not need or want outsiders to the forum controlling the content here.

Is there general agreement on this?

http://sync.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1139&pid=1927

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
MRA?

That is a whole shitstorm of self-inflicted bullshit. :ha:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
UnrepentantLiberal
7. The awesome part is that Neoma now refuses to resign

as lead host. She has blockaded herself in her tower and will not come out.

Much better than television.

MineralMan
3. I read some of the posts in that group to learn

more about feminism. The dispute you're discussing seems to be dividing the group. That's unfortunate, I think. Beyond that, though, it seems like something that the group members have to solve. I can't see where anyone who is not active there has any role in it.

Seriously?

seabeyond
9. i am making the statement the OP is purposely starting greater disruptions for an already

heated situation.

i am not participating in this thread.

and meta does not protect me from getting my posts hidden, regardless if it is allowed.

obamanut2012
11. Your accusation of me is scurrilous and baseless

It does, however, show the validity of the OP being posted here.

For shame, Seabeyond, calling me a disruptor, when you know it's false.

Violet_Crumble
13. Yep, I've read yr 'contributions' in that thread...

Which is why it's clear to me this OP is nothing but an attempt to drag petty bickering somewhere where it's got a wider audience. Hosting issues for safe haven groups should be dealt with by the regulars, and those who have displayed a hostility to the group should keep out of it...

Thanks!

polly7
58. Hi obamanut

"To complicate things: a link and screenshots were shared with some people from an off-site group where posters from Feminists chatted about whom to block from Feminists. Neoma was banned from this "Host Group," which included all the Hosts but Neoma and and also non hosts."

Seriously? A secret meeting spot was needed? I just wonder wth right any host has discussing DU members and who to skid or not ..... on another site. I guess it's easy to see why they're so angry this was let out.

boston bean
62. most active groups have a place to discuss their group privately.

There is nothing wrong with it. The people who have agreed to it, implicitly agree to not share that with others.

That is what is wrong here, not that a forum to discuss the group was created outside of DU.

polly7
66. Isn't there a place provided 'here' for hosts to do their duties?

Why was an off-site necessary?

boston bean
69. there is a place here,

but there are hundreds of hosts, that don't belong to the group.

I assume they felt they needed a more secure place to discuss sensitive issues.

I assume that is the same reason many groups have off site forums to discuss sensitive issues concerning members.

polly7
72. Seems sneaky to me ....... if there was a legitimate reason to have someone banned,

I don't see why it couldn't be done here in the Hosts group where it was meant to be. You're just angry at the whistleblower ........ boo f'ing hoo.

HappyMe
98. Holy crap!

That certainly is eye-opening.

So much for 'transparency'.

Wow.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
MRA?

That is a whole shitstorm of self-inflicted bullshit. :ha:

What is MRA?

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Feldspar appeared to be a woman-identified lesbian.

WFT does that mean? If you're a lesbian, doesn't that automatically mean you are a woman? Or does it mean I'm a woman-identified gay man???  :mental:

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
I don't know what MRA is, either.  But, that is what Hell must be like.  Being locked in a room full of that.  I'd best be a good girl.  

ETA:  It's a Men's Rights Activist.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:20:03 PM by Karin »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
WFT does that mean? If you're a lesbian, doesn't that automatically mean you are a woman? Or does it mean I'm a woman-identified gay man???  :mental:

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.  :lmao:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »
Those thread links are proof right there that the left and their freaking labels don't work, and if anything it divides, there are men and women in this world, screw having a special forums, wasn't the point of "feminism" to be included in society? so why a special forum where you segregate yourselves?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.  :lmao:

:lmao:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
Oh wow! what a find! I wonder if they're all cycling at the same time? LOL!

me and my female boss are,  :lmao: 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
:lmao: my female co-workers and I always cycled together, and if all those feminists are cycling together then they're PMSing together, which is probably why we see them arguing like this.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
Best post yet:

Upton
178. This is some wild stuff..

next time someone tells me how peaceful the world would be if women ran everything, I'm just going to point them over to the Feminists Group..that ought to give 'em some second thoughts.

I have to admit, this is mighty entertaining though..

Response to Upton (Reply #178)Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
 JTFrog
214. Misogynistic much?

FFS.