Author Topic: A long overdue apology.....  (Read 14280 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
A long overdue apology.....
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
I think I wanna  :puke:
Klukie  (961 posts)       Mon Apr-28-08 11:33 AM
Original message
 I offer my heartfelt apologies to all African Americans for the enslavement of your ancestors and all of the sufferings of future generations that enslavement has caused. I stand with you in the struggle for equality and reconciliation and I promise to teach my children love and respect for all people.

All my love,

Jenny

What grandstanding bullshit :whatever: Btw..I don't apologize I had nothing to do with it :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3217518
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Lord Undies

Re: A long overdue apology.....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
If apologies are worthy and appropriate after 150 years, then so are thanks.  I want my thanks for getting so many folks out of that hellhole known as Africa and arranging for them to live as natural born citizens of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
Can we throw in 20 acres, a mule and a one-way ticket to the city/country of their choice in Africa?

:fuelfire:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »
Ishoutandscream2 (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 11:47 AM
Response to Original message
3. Being a middle aged, white, male; I too want to make this assertion
 We can't forget the travesties that have occurred. I still think we have a great country, but we have done some awful, awful things. Including enslaving a race of people, and even when "freed" discriminated against them through Jim Crow laws and other forms of injustice (yes, even in the north). And of course, we can't forget how we have treated the original occupants of this land. And also the radical and overt bigotry that continues to haunt our citizens of the GLBT community.
I, too, am sorry for these horrible atrocities that our country has inflicted on those of color. We must never, ever forget.
Progressive Texan, and very proud of it!
HEY! You insensitive bastard! What about the "furries"? :-)

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »
 I offer my heartfelt apologies to all African Americans for the enslavement of your recent ancestors and all of the sufferings of future generations that the Democrat Party has fostered on your by buying your votes under the scam called the Great Society. I stand with you in the struggle for equality and reconciliation and I promise to teach my children love and respect for all people  as they try to remove the law that has destroyed the black family and made ghettos of our inner cities.

Love,

Jukin
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »
I would like to apologize to any black person i held in slavery, and I promise to compensate them for their suffering....oh, wait.  I never held any slaves, heck, I've never even oppressed any "people of color"  (hope I don't get kicked out of the VRWC for that!  :-)).

Never mind then.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:45:29 AM »
Hey DUmmy assholes: America did not start slavery but she sure as hell has done more to END it than any other nation since the dawn of time.

Get a clue ****heads!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline rotay5

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
Being a Black middle aged woman,I don't want or need your apology.You and I were not there,get over it.Go out in your community and do something useful,your phony white guilt typing bullshit on a computer means nothing,I don't see how you could even think of something that stupid let alone say it in public.Black people don't need liberals to say they are sorry,we need you to shut the hell up and take your medication.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »
I would like to apologize to any black person i held in slavery, and I promise to compensate them for their suffering....oh, wait.  I never held any slaves, heck, I've never even oppressed any "people of color"  (hope I don't get kicked out of the VRWC for that!  :-)).

Never mind then.

There will always be a very special place for you in the VRWC.
Unless of course you fall behind in your dues.  :-)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »
Being a Black middle aged woman,I don't want or need your apology.You and I were not there,get over it.Go out in your community and do something useful,your phony white guilt typing bullshit on a computer means nothing,I don't see how you could even think of something that stupid let alone say it in public.Black people don't need liberals to say they are sorry,we need you to shut the hell up and take your medication.

:lol:
Good one. H5.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

Good one. H5.

+1 from me...

doc

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »

Good one. H5.

+1 from me...

doc

Me too.

Offline Flame

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

welcome to CC...drop by the Welcome center and introduce yourself!

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
Welcome rotay5 :cheersmate:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
That is a good way to get in front with the H5's.  Here's another.

Why don't we get the money for reparations from the African countries who sold them to us.  It's a win - win all the way around.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
I ain't aplogizing for shit, I am sick to death of this liberal mamby pamby hand wringing bullshit. :banghead: DUmbasses...

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
Welcome to rotay5 and Hi5 to you as well.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »

BIG welcome and H5 to you rotay5!!!

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

H5 and welcome!
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 03:35:47 PM »
So can we expect Klukie to start paying reparations soon?

I'd also like to offer my apologies for the Left having been allowed to claim Democratic credit for the civil rights advancements of the Sixties, when legislation couldn't have gone forward without the Republicans in Congress. I further apologize for the new slavery Democrats have inflicted upon you through the entitlement and persecution mindset they have tirelessly promoted within your community for the past 40+ years and their "soft bigotry of low expectations". Finally, I'd like to apologize on behalf of news producers everywhere for providing an open, uncritical forum for race hustlers like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Cynthia McKinney and Jeremiah Wright, who fashion themselves as "leaders" of the black community, while virtually ignoring more moderate or conservative, common sense voices like Roy Innis, Thomas Sowell, Alan Keyes, Jessie Lee Peterson and Ward Connerly.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »
I think I wanna  :puke:
Klukie  (961 posts)       Mon Apr-28-08 11:33 AM
Original message
 I offer my heartfelt apologies to all African Americans for the enslavement of your ancestors and all of the sufferings of future generations that enslavement has caused. I stand with you in the struggle for equality and reconciliation and I promise to teach my children love and respect for all people.

All my love,

Jenny

What grandstanding bullshit :whatever: Btw..I don't apologize I had nothing to do with it :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3217518

Gee whiz, when I saw that title in the DUmpster, I was hoping it was the $kimmer finally apologizing for, and promising to shut down, his website.  I guess I need to get off teh weed. :-)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »

Another H5, and welcome!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »
Everyone here is so full of white guilt you hand out H5's just becasue she's black.....admit it... :rotf:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Everyone here is so full of white guilt you hand out H5's just becasue she's black.....admit it... :rotf:

No, it's because she's right.

BS for you . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 05:17:52 PM »
The only white guilt I ever have anymore is when I really dislike someone and they are black.  I mean I can really dislike a person for a number of reasons but I admit I usually try not to dislike a black person wayyyyyyyy more than I try not to dislike anyone else.  If you are white and piss me off I let you know right away. :-)

I am freaking demanding reparations from my kids when they get out of my house.  I am their freaking slave and I deserve some cash for it doggonit!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill