Author Topic: "I like taxes. There, I said it." (lapislzi)  (Read 862 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

"I like taxes. There, I said it." (lapislzi)
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
link

translation: "I like YOUR taxes.":

lapislzi  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jul-08-11 01:11 PM
Original message
I like taxes. There, I said it.
 Without going into too much detail, my daughter has some mental health issues that have resulted in suicide attempts and hospitalizations. During her most recent hospitalization, the inpatient therapist set up a meeting with caseworkers at our state's department of Children and Family Services for follow up care in addition to regular therapy.

Now, insurance pays not one cent for the hospital stay, ambulance trip, outpatient care, or ongoing therapy. I repeat: no mental health services at all on my or my ex's insurance. As you might guess, this has run into several thousand dollars, which my ex and I are struggling to keep up with. We both earn good salaries, which helps.

My daughter and I had a long session with a county social worker, who set up a "team" meeting. It was like a giant curtain had been lifted. No fewer than six professionals attended this meeting to coordinate a treatment plan including substance abuse counseling, crisis intervention, medication management, educational and vocational counseling, and parent support. They will even accompany my daughter to her court appearance next week.

My daughter has been assigned a permanent Intensive Case Manager, who will monitor her weekly for up to the next 18 months. The social worker in charge of the meeting reminded us several times that ANY of the people at the meeting could be called at any time for advice, questions, or referrals.

At the end of the meeting, we were handed a lot of papers. Here's the fine print at the bottom of one of the handouts:

"There is not direct fee for case management services. When applicable, Medicaid is billed for services. No client is denied services, regardless of Medicaid eligibility. Dept. of Family and Children's Services does not deny treatment to anyone because of inability to pay."

Read that again. How much did approximately 8 hours of professional time cost? Zero. At the end of the meeting, I piped up to ask, "where do I sign up to pay more taxes? Because you people are incredible, and I want you to keep your jobs."

Imagine that. A public agency providing, you know, services to people who need them. Give me more taxes.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: "I like taxes. There, I said it." (lapislzi)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
So, she and her ex make good salaries, but she thinks it is wonderful that tax dollars, including the tax dollars from those who are considerable less well off, will pay for medical care that she is perfectly capable for paying.  Lovely  :thatsright:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »
Read that again. How much did approximately 8 hours of professional time cost? Zero. At the end of the meeting, I piped up to ask, "where do I sign up to pay more taxes? Because you people are incredible, and I want you to keep your jobs."

See there's the whole problem in a nutshell. The DUmmie thinks 8 hours of treatment cost zero dollars.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
lisa58  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jul-08-11 01:15 PM
Response to Original message
1. I know what you mean. I remember when my husband and his former...
 ...right-wing partner were becoming successful. The partner was figuring out all kinds of ways to not pay taxes (legally), but my husband just said, "I can't wait to pay those taxes". 

No wonder he's a former partner.  Your husband is a shitty businessman.  Also an idiot.  The government pisses money away on do-nothing jobs for cronies, stupid studies, and dumbass projects like turtle tunnels.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
No wonder he's a former partner.  Your husband is a shitty businessman.  Also an idiot.  The government pisses money away on do-nothing jobs for cronies, stupid studies, and dumbass projects like turtle tunnels.

It's funny how the DUmmies have problems with companies using legal means to avoid paying more taxes than absolutely necessary but see no problem in gaming the system to collect SSDI/Welfare/Foodstamps/Etc...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
She likes taxes alright...benefitting from them, not paying them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
"I don't like paying for things. There, I said it." (lapislzi)

Far closer to the truth.

Why is it that all the DUches children have such mental problems?[/rhetorical]
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
Original message
I like taxes. There, I said it. Without going into too much detail, my daughter has some mental health issues that have resulted in suicide attempts and hospitalizations. During her most recent hospitalization, the inpatient therapist set up a meeting with caseworkers at our state's department of Children and Family Services for follow up care in addition to regular therapy.

Now, insurance pays not one cent for the hospital stay, ambulance trip, outpatient care, or ongoing therapy. I repeat: no mental health services at all on my or my ex's insurance. As you might guess, this has run into several thousand dollars, which my ex and I are struggling to keep up with. We both earn good salaries, which helps.

My daughter and I had a long session with a county social worker, who set up a "team" meeting. It was like a giant curtain had been lifted. No fewer than six professionals attended this meeting to coordinate a treatment plan including substance abuse counseling, crisis intervention, medication management, educational and vocational counseling, and parent support. They will even accompany my daughter to her court appearance next week.

Got some news for ya Dummy!!! Your daughter don't have "mental health issues"... she's a drug addict and from the looks of the last piece of text hilited she is  a criminal to boot! Hope she kicks her addiction... and then I hope she has to pay back the money spent treating her.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
Drug use and DUmmies go hand in hand. DUmmies raising children is plain child abuse.
I'm betting the parents are established drug users and taught all their "morals" to the poor child.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
How did this daughter qualify for Medicaid?

Medicare is for citizens 65 or older who have earned 40 work credits, those who have been deemed by the court to be disabled at least 24 months, or if someone is suffering kidney failure and requires dialysis and/or transplantation.  I'm not seeing where she fits any of those criteria.

Medicaid is, of course, a state administered program that is means tested, but it still has to fall under the rules of Medicare.

Oh, and if you like paying taxes, primitive, I'll gladly let you pay mine.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
How did this daughter qualify for Medicaid?

Medicare is for citizens 65 or older who have earned 40 work credits, those who have been deemed by the court to be disabled at least 24 months, or if someone is suffering kidney failure and requires dialysis and/or transplantation.  I'm not seeing where she fits any of those criteria.

Medicaid is, of course, a state administered program that is means tested, but it still has to fall under the rules of Medicare.

Oh, and if you like paying taxes, primitive, I'll gladly let you pay mine.

Doesn't Medicaid also fill in for the poor?  If so then the daughter must be old enough to be out on her own because the OP says she and her husband have good jobs.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
Doesn't Medicaid also fill in for the poor?  If so then the daughter must be old enough to be out on her own because the OP says she and her husband have good jobs.

KC

Well they are DUmmies so good jobs probably means he works at Mikey D's and she at burger king so they get to bring home free french fries every night.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
If the daughter is young enough to still be on her parents insurance and both the mom and dad "earn good money" how does the government come in and take over unless she gives up custody to the state?  Or am I missing something here?  Or was this court ordered drug counseling?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
Why aren't YOU trying to help out your stupidass daughter? Why is it MY damn concern? I didn't bring her into the world and wouldn't give a **** if she OD'd tomorrow.  :bird:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »
Why aren't YOU trying to help out your stupidass daughter? Why is it MY damn concern? I didn't bring her into the world and wouldn't give a **** if she OD'd tomorrow.  :bird:

Rebel, I don't want to go all PC on you but my brother died of a methadone overdose. He was a huge lib but I loved him like crazy.  :(

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »
Rebel, I don't want to go all PC on you but my brother died of a methadone overdose. He was a huge lib but I loved him like crazy.  :(

I remember, Beg, but you weren't on a message board bitching that others should be taking care of him through their tax dollars.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »

KC

Now, insurance pays not one cent for the hospital stay, ambulance trip, outpatient care, or ongoing therapy. I repeat: no mental health services at all on my or my ex's insurance. As you might guess, this has run into several thousand dollars, which my ex and I are struggling to keep up with. We both earn good salaries, which helps

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »

KC

Medicaid is the state paying the Medicare Part A deductible for each benefit period plus any co-pays after 60 days, and for Part B the annual deductable plus 20% of all approved charges.  Medicaid is for those too poor to pay for the benefit periods, the annual deductables, etc...  Basically it's the state paying what the patient normally would pay in order to be in the Medicare system, but you still have to be eligible for Medicare to get Medicaid.

I'm still asking how does she qualify?  Cause I'm not seeing it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »
Rebel, I don't want to go all PC on you but my brother died of a methadone overdose. He was a huge lib but I loved him like crazy.  :(

Addiction is bad news all the way around BEG. Dunno who it hurts more, the addict or the family. A very good friend of mine from HS is homeless and begging on the streets due to alcohol. I see him down at the McDonalds every now again. I buy him some food when I see him. Guy was smart as hell and had the future by the 'nads. Threw it all away.  Can't imagine what it would be like if he was my brother or sister. Can't imagine what it would be like for something like crack or herion.

All I can say is that it wasn't you. The man had demons of his own. Some people recover when they hit bottom and some don't. I personally think that locking up drug addicts is a waste of resources. They should be treated and when they recover they should be responsible for the cost they have incurred to society... as long as it isn't a huge burden that would cause them to relapse.

Condolences on your loss BEG. Losing someone in your family is hard. I'll light a candle for you at mass Sunday.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
Addiction is bad news all the way around BEG. Dunno who it hurts more, the addict or the family. A very good friend of mine from HS is homeless and begging on the streets due to alcohol. I see him down at the McDonalds every now again. I buy him some food when I see him. Guy was smart as hell and had the future by the 'nads. Threw it all away.  Can't imagine what it would be like if he was my brother or sister. Can't imagine what it would be like for something like crack or herion.

All I can say is that it wasn't you. The man had demons of his own. Some people recover when they hit bottom and some don't. I personally think that locking up drug addicts is a waste of resources. They should be treated and when they recover they should be responsible for the cost they have incurred to society... as long as it isn't a huge burden that would cause them to relapse.

Condolences on your loss BEG. Losing someone in your family is hard. I'll light a candle for you at mass Sunday.

Thanks Perky  :)

My step sister is a raging alcoholic, she has hit rock bottom so many times. Lost her husband, her kids, her house, her job (and nursing career)...basically her whole life. She has been in and out of the hospital because of alcohol (almost died twice) and been in jail several times. We (meaning you, me and the DUmmie OP) have paid for all of this with our taxes. She doesn't want help, we have tried many times to get her help. It is pathetic to witness.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »
Well good for your, you stupid whore.

I HATE SocSec because I'm paying for something that will be insolvent before I even get close to collecting but it and the rest of your moronic money-grabs are taking so much away from me in taxes I don't have enough left over to give my offspring an education let alone plan my own retirement.

There, I said it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »

My step sister is a raging alcoholic, she has hit rock bottom so many times. Lost her husband, her kids, her house, her job (and nursing career)...basically her whole life. She has been in and out of the hospital because of alcohol (almost died twice) and been in jail several times. We (meaning you, me and the DUmmie OP) have paid for all of this with our taxes. She doesn't want help, we have tried many times to get her help. It is pathetic to witness.

BEG, I wasn't trying to offend you, I just get tired of coming to the DUmp and every single day reading one of those morons tell me how I'm supposed to be paying for this, for that, and for everything else. I imagine her daughter having the same entitlement mentality and what did I do to have to support her?

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
Original message
I like taxes. There, I said it.
Pay more, then, nothing is stopping you. Stupid DUmmie.
In fact, give up your vacations. Give up your car. Give up everything, move into a cardboard box under the underpass and send all the extra loot to:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Encourage your stupid liberal friends to do the same.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

Some people ya just can't help BEG. Just like my friend from HS. Crying damn shame but that is just the way it is. I can't imagine your pain. Stay strong my friend and just remember that it is not your fault and the good Lord will help you thru.

Montani Semper Liberi