Author Topic: I Propose a Toast/ShoutOut to CC's "Token" Liberal  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Boudicca

I Propose a Toast/ShoutOut to CC's "Token" Liberal
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
HEYA, asshole DUmbshits.  We have our own beloved, albeit liberal Canadian, moniker of compaqxp.  He's allowed to post stuff we don't agree with-HELL, we conservatives don't always see eye to eye with each other anyway-but it's a whole lot easier to stay on THIS board than it is over at your digs.  Toe the line or get banned until you log back on with a new IP addy. 
Alot of us cherish our Canadian counterpart, and he's got ten times the collective "brain power" as you idiots combined.
Anyone besides me wanna give a HI5 to Compaq, who I still like even though he's ditched his Bugs Bunny avatar.  Bet even Ptarmigan likes him these days. :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline jukin

Re: I Propose a Toast/ShoutOut to CC's "Token" Liberal
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
Liberalism/progressivism=TOTALITARIAN FASCISM.

That is all.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
Liberalism/progressivism=TOTALITARIAN FASCISM.

That is all.

You know it, and I know it, but these idiots at the Dumpster for Dipshits don't grasp this simple concept.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
Compaq is at the very least a class act in showing others how to be a good sport. 

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
Compaq is at the very least a class act in showing others how to be a good sport. 

I think we're slowly converting him.  He's intelligent, so he's already miles ahead of the DUmmies.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
I think he's moved a little bit.  He's admitted to it himself, in the Mind Numbing Stupidity forum.  I can't remember which thread exactly, but I made a mental note of it.  :-)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »
I think he's moved a little bit.  He's admitted to it himself, in the Mind Numbing Stupidity forum.  I can't remember which thread exactly, but I made a mental note of it.  :-)

Hell, just the fact that he's starting his own - excellent quality - threads in the MNS forum instead of having them moved there by mods puts him head and shoulders above the DUmpmonkeys who try to wander over.

(He'll probably hate me for saying it, but I ruin his quest for 1,000 bitchslaps with at least a :hi5: a day for something he's posted.)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
Hell, just the fact that he's starting his own - excellent quality - threads in the MNS forum instead of having them moved there by mods puts him head and shoulders above the DUmpmonkeys who try to wander over.

(He'll probably hate me for saying it, but I ruin his quest for 1,000 bitchslaps with at least a :hi5: a day for something he's posted.)

Yeah, me too, which is part of the reason I posted this tribute.  The other reason is to showcase how divergent political philosophies are embraced here at the Cave rather than meriting a tombstone.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Well now, if anyone thinks conservatives are of a monolithic frame of mind, one doesn't know excresence.

I've been around for a while, and it seems to me we have more political disagreements here than we do with the primitives on Skins's island.

For example, I'm sure franksolich is going to get yelled at a lot when he starts bandwagoning John Boehner for the Republican nomination for the presidency.

But it's all good; in all things essential, unity, in all things not essential, liberty.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »
I think Compaq is really cool, and not because he drives a Jetta, although that is pretty cool.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
I think Compaq is really cool, and not because he drives a Jetta, although that is pretty cool. in spite of him driving a Jetta.

Fixed.  :-)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
I respect intelligence without regard to political party.  I'm sure that he and I disagree on any number of points, but I like him  :-)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »
I definitely prejudged compaq and was probably even a little mean to him but he's shown himself to be a class act.  Those are two words I usually don't use whe describing any liberal.   

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
I really like compaq, I also still like Jake even though he should've been open with us about how he felt about us.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:11 AM »
Cheers to Compaqxp.  I haven't talked to you on the boards as much as others, but I've read quite a bit of what you posted.  I like you and am glad you are here.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 03:25:42 AM »
Compaqxp pissed me off a few times with his posts when he first came here, but now I think he did that just to feel out the place.  He's mellowed and matured considerably, and I have given him several H5's in recent months.

Cheers!   :cheersmate:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 04:33:47 AM »
I've posted this in the past--I think we're turning him.  Not as if he were a dancer along the lines of Baryshnikov (sp?), but more along the lines of large cruise liner.  But, he's turning. :yahoo:

I'm glad you're here, compaq.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline longview

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 06:49:00 AM »
I'm glad Compaqxp came to this board and has stayed.  Thought he was going to leave once, but he hung in there.

I also appreciated A. Jake weighing in on topics.  Could have continued well if he'd been more forthcoming with his intentions. 

I like the diversity of opinions here.  At times I find my own left of an OPs position, and note others move along the political spectrum.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 07:40:21 AM »
I like compaq just fine.  He has a good sense of humor.  And, he's not a rabid moonbat, with kneejerk reactions and head-in-the-sand denial; much like you would see at the DUmp.  He'll consider what you have to say. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
He's fair, honest and level-headed...

...which means he and I will never have anything in common.

****er!

Oh, and he's Canadian.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
I knew I was loved.  :-)

If it counts for anything this is the longest I've stayed on any forum, and almost 7 times the number of posts I make on most forums. I fully expected to be banned when first coming here, I'm glad that didn't happen because I've become quite fond of this forum.

I plan to keep post here for quite a while.  :)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »

If it counts for anything this is the longest I've stayed on any forum, and almost 7 times the number of posts I make on most forums. I fully expected to be banned when first coming here, I'm glad that didn't happen because I've become quite fond of this forum.

Well, we're glad to have you, as you've read, compaq. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »

I am glad.  On my way to work I saw a Jetta TDI, which is what I want, and I was all like "cool car" and then I got up to it and saw it had an OBAMA 2012 sticker on it, and I thought of you.....

and smiled when I thought you wouldn't like it either.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »

GOOD!

Now I have another "diesel driver" to chat with.   :-)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.