Author Topic: the scam that rocked the internet  (Read 6672 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: the scam that rocked the internet
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »
Since delilah self-disclosed, I guess I can feel free to comment that, in this rather contentious group of people that made up Scamdy, left and right, delilah was the "peace-maker" between the two sides (we had a lot of arguments).

delilah is one Hell of a diplomat, a gracious lady of class and elegance with a special talent for unembittering people.  Water and oil usually don't mix, but damn, delilah made them mix, all to our profit.

And of course franksolich remains very fond of, and grateful to, those from democraticunderground who helped, but alas who cannot be named.....

Ah thanks frank! That's why you're my one and only internet crush...you're just so suave!!!  :blowkiss:
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Karin

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
From Diesel Driver's provided link, a nice summation (comment from a DUer).

Who knows. This has been bouncing around like a ping pong ball. First it was $25k, then $50k, then the checks got lost, then Andy posts a thread about writing a 'hot check,' then he deletes his own thread, Skinner has not posted any clarifications, I don't even know what the surgery date is anymore, and now the whole diagnosis has changed.

Oh my. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »
All in all, I'm glad it's over...though it ended badly for some. I know DUmmies are self-delusional but it's still infuriating to see fellow human beings being so ****ing, glaringly, deliberately stupid.

I loved watching the DUmp get fleeced.

It's ironic that the round red homo is a DUmp icon, allegedly of the posthumous variety.

Between the Andyscam and the Bevscam, he was involved in the two of the three biggest humiliations in DUmp history, the other of course being Fitzmas.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »
I loved watching the DUmp get fleeced.

It's ironic that the round red homo is a DUmp icon, allegedly of the posthumous variety.

Between the Andyscam and the Bevscam, he was involved in the two of the three biggest humiliations in DUmp history, the other of course being Fitzmas.

I LOVED Fitzmas.  I believe that anniversary is coming up in about 24 business hours.   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
I know DUmmies are self-delusional but it's still infuriating to see fellow human beings being so ****ing, glaringly, deliberately stupid.

And lying asses at that.

When franksolich says "DUmmies lie," franksolich knows what he's talking about.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
If I am correct the fund raising for Andy Stephenson was legally questionable at best.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »
One of these days, I am going to start scoring "Scamdy ! : The Musical !" - A tale of love, life, and lies.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
One of these days, I am going to start scoring "Scamdy ! : The Musical !" - A tale of love, life, and lies.

Yes....yes....yes.

I always swore that when I get around to winning the Powerball lottery, I was going to hire all these creative people to make a Broadway musical comedy, possibly a Hollywood movie, out of Scamdy.

Freeper the idea man, P-J Comix the script, Charles the lyrics, and you, sir, the music.

The whole thing demands expression.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »
All in all, I'm glad it's over...though it ended badly for some.

One thing I regret, madam, is that the fallout from Scamdy prevented P-J Comix from winning some blog award, because primitives, and primitive-like beings, yelled and screamed about him having been associated with Scamdy, and how he "killed" the late red round one.

Which of course was untrue; he had nothing to do with it.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline redwhit

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
One thing I regret, madam, is that the fallout from Scamdy prevented P-J Comix from winning some blog award, because primitives, and primitive-like beings, yelled and screamed about him having been associated with Scamdy, and how he "killed" the late red round one.

And, if memory serves, Crockspot took a beating over at wikipedia because of it as well.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 10:42:17 PM »
What's Fitzmas?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »
And, if memory serves, Crockspot took a beating over at wikipedia because of it as well.

I am not surprised by that happening to the late Crockspot. The whole Scamdy was a massive scandal, probably the largest scandal I have seen on the Internet. I have yet to see a scandal on the scale of Scamdy or larger.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline redwhit

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
What's Fitzmas?

That glorious moment that gave us the phrase "24 business hours."

From the master himself:

Dummie Funnies

Offline JLO

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »

I recall that as well.  Unfortunately,  the dummies really ganged up all over the net against him in the vote.
Voter fraud   :hammer:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
That glorious moment that gave us the phrase "24 business hours."

From the master himself:

Dummie Funnies

Oh OK, I heard about that 1.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »
However, if any of the DUmmie were to win a Pulitzer for their contribution to the whole fiasco it would be Will Pitt's screeds of disbelief when he realized, ever so briefly, that he'd been had!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline JLO

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »
However, if any of the Dummies were to win a Pulitzer for their contribution to the whole fiasco it would be Will Pitt's screeds of disbelief when he realized, ever so briefly, that he'd been had!

Cindie

Yes, indeed, they conveniently forget the facts.   :cheersmate:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »
That was quite illuminating.  Thanks for posting that.

Notice, sir, that had 4,575 comments on it.

P-J Comix was racking up some, uh, rather substantial numbers during the Scamdal.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:25 AM »
What's Fitzmas?

You'll find out in about a week, madam.

It was another embarrassment of massive proportions for Skins's island.

It took place in May 2006, and is a little more understandable to newcomers than the Scamdal.

I apologize for not having any summary or synopsis of the Scamdal, but it was s-o-o-o-o-o complicated that really, one had to be there to see it, to believe it.  To date, no one yet has understood it.

This sixth anniversary of the Scamdal is sort of like a high-school reunion, where the spouses of classmates have to sit back, unilluminated, while their other halves discuss high-school days.

But Fitzmas was different in that respect.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 03:42:43 AM »
From redwhit's links:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,28553.0.html

which will lead you to these:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,7196.0.html

All compliments of our fabulous curator, franksolich.   :clap:

The entire history of Fitzmas.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »
 â€œFitzmas Time Is Here”

Fitzmas time is here
Time to drink some beer
Fun to watch the Bushies fall
As they get frog-marched out of here

[/Charlie Brown]

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
Yes, indeed, they conveniently forget the facts.   :cheersmate:

The primitives forgot it all.

One recalls that every July 7, for four years, the primitives sat around a campfire remembering the late red round one, and talked about how they were never going to forget him, the greatest man that ever lived, for the rest of their lives; that he was immortalized in their memories, enshrined in their thoughts.

But on the fifth anniversary of the late red round one's death from infection, July 7, 2010, there was not a word of the immortal late red round one on Skins's island, and so decent and civilized people, proponents of open and honest fund-raising, had to remember the late red round one over here instead.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,46254.0/

The remembrance thread includes things now long forgotten, such as this:

.....the whine of the psychotic primitive, the "psychic" primitive "JoanAlpern," that the red round one had given her a rubber check for $300--that one in particular always struck me, because if the psychotic primitive was in fact a psychic, she could've foretold the check was no good in the beginning.....but of course most people wouldn't need any psychic talents to discern it was no good.

Good times, good times.

But as I "unsticky" this, I sit back and wonder; what was the reason for the scam?

But it's useless wonder, as we'll never know, and the only person in the whole world who does know, the data's now fossilized in her petrified brain-cells.

I don't suppose there's anybody around who can claim to be as intimately-acquainted with Doug's stupid ex-wife as franksolich via her comments on Skins's island since November 2004 (and from no other place, either on the internet or in real life; only Skins's island).  Others have caught sporadic glances of her here-and-there, but franksolich has been eyewitness, first hand and up close, to her daily erosion into premature arteriosclerosis, due probably to a combination of a vigorous Hate (Hate is after all hard on the brain-cells) and an overuse of mood-altering pharmaceutical drugs.

Doug's stupid ex-wife turns 56 years old this year, but already she's reminiscent of the Duchess of Windsor the last ten years of her own life, unable to form a coherent thought, unable to recognize people and things, unable to express herself excepting in short, bitter, nasty, angry phrases, unable to keep a line of thought more than a couple of seconds, unable to remember.....

Sometime near the beginning of the Scamdal, I had predicted on P-J Comix's DUmmie FUnnies that this whole thing was likely to wind down as a medieval morality play, and indeed it has.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
As an active member at CU at the time, I missed the whole event as it unfolded because, as had become my practice, I took off around 3 or 4 months from posting each year towards the summer.  When I came back I had some reading to do to catch up, but what struck me was how the admins and some of the prominent primitives went back and forth on whether this was a scam or not.  Just the way the whole thing unfolded left a lot of unanswered questions.  Then after he died anyway, the primitives had to rewrite the whole event to make it where they were always 100% confident he was really ill and that a bunch of conservatives at the site that shall not be named somehow conspired to kill him by delaying his surgery.  At least AS provided a measure of entertainment at the end of his existance, so his life wasn't a total failure.

All in all, it was like most events that unfold on Skin's island where reality has to be altered to fit the predetermined narritive.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
You'll find out in about a week, madam.

A business week, mind you.

:whistling:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »
what was the reason for the scam?

Money. The Andyscam came in the immediate aftermath of Bev Harris's fabulously successful fleecing of not just the DUmp, but the entire moonbat universe. The round red homo, like all the "election reform" people, was a grifter. Poor, stupid Beth Ferrari was starting on the road to destitution, paved with Doug's drugs. The DUmp was still enraged by Dubya's Rove-engineered victory in Ohio. Finally, the DUmbasses had just begun to feel the humiliation of the Bev swindle, and she and the homo were at war with one another. Andyscam caught the DUmbasses on the rebound. The stars were aligned.

At least, that's how I remember it.