Author Topic: the scam that rocked the internet  (Read 6679 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: the scam that rocked the internet
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:36 PM »
And of course our "foliage expert" had inquired of banks about the "checks," and the banks said, nope, they were missing some vital information on them, and so were obviously fakes.

The memory corrects me.

The banks said the "amounts" and "signatures" and "dates" "looked altered."

Sorry about that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
The memory corrects me.

The banks said the "amounts" and "signatures" and "dates" "looked altered."

Sorry about that.

Very interesting Frank, I have a few questions on the cause of his death, Infection.

Was this Hospital Staff caused, poor Nursing cause, or something he picked up on a toilet seat ??

This whole deal about his needing money to have his operation is Bull Shit.   At least on the East Coast, when in a life threatening situation anyone with no pot to piss in or a window to throw it out is treated, and if the hospital cannot treat the patient, they are sent elsewhere for treatment.   

Rescue helicopters are sent from Boston General to collect the people that need treatment that is too sophisticated for area hospitals.

Hell a homeless person run over by a truck because they were drunk and passed out in the road gets the same treatment as someone with a million dollar health insurance policy.

We are use to good health care up here, insurance or none, when lives are at stake no person rich or poor gets anything less then the same treatment.

I know for a fact as my daughter with liver failure and lung problems with no money has been granted extra years to live by hospitals all over the area.   She had her last problem ,was weeks in a coma, today at home on oxygen 24/7  this time her hubby had health insurance to cover most of the bill, but for 10 years before that no insurance. At no time did any hospital refuse her care that was so important at the beginning.

I would guess looking back we could have scammed the public, gone on the internet with the heartbreaking story of a single mother of 4 small children dieing, called all local papers to advertise her problem and drummed up money  for her and kids.

I have spoken to you guys about her in the past but it never occurred to me to go out hat in hand to raise money for our family.  Life takes care of itself,  She not only lives but found a husband, the kids have grown up, and every day she wakes up is a gift from God and the health care we have up here.

Up side is she needs a care giver 24/7 and her estranged sister has moved in giving up her social life to care for her sister.  We are now waiting for the state to decide if it wants to pay the younger sister $400. a month to care 24/7 for her or place my daughter in a care facility that will cost the state $8,000 a month.

Weird how life goes, no common sense, strange -. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Very interesting Frank, I have a few questions on the cause of his death, Infection.

Was this Hospital Staff caused, poor Nursing cause, or something he picked up on a toilet seat ??

It was probably an infection the late red round one picked up due to a weakened immunity system due to his running around on the eastern coast of the United States his last couple of months.

The late red round one was racing around during May and June 2005 (he died in early July), holding an "election reform" seminar in Ohio--at which various primitives, including a mole, were present--appearing on some obscure television program for the cause of "election reform," and hanging around in New Jersey with a bunch of friends.

As mentioned at the very beginning of this thread, there was significant doubt the late red round one had pancreatic cancer, as the photographs of him showed him unusually chubbily cherubic and robust, whereas victims of that usually decline precipitously.

That was why doubt existed; the guy looked too hale and hearty.

Two weeks before he died, he did in fact decline precipitously, after which he went back home to Seattle.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
I didn't miss the day; I just never got around to posting this.

This past Saturday, April 30, circa 3:30 p.m. central time, 2:30 p.m. mountain time, marked the sixth anniversary of the beginning of the scam that rocked the internet.

Of course the honorable members of CU and Freeperville
were sans antagonist over the entire ordeal. We just watched, followed, and gut wrenched with sublimed laughter and emotional enjoyment - kind of like having syrup and peanut butter drenched pancakes and bacon for dinner.

Of course the resulting "Scamdy" web site was beyond reproach.

It just goes to show ya - scam all ya want, raise a bazillion bucks in donations, and Mr. Grim Reaper will win EVERY time.

And so on it went, the scam that rocked the internet.

And the Internet rocked back - guess who survived?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:00:49 PM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
Of course the resulting "Scamdy" web site was beyond reproach.

And the Internet rocked back - guess who survived?

Scamdy was formed near the end of May, and was on the internet sometime during the first part of June 2005.

It was created because P-J Comix was wearying of covering it in the DUmmie FUnnies, and because there was some hostility about discussing the issue at our old home (now under new management, by the way; give it a visit); there were some sourpusses there who whined about it.

And then after discussion of Scamdy at our old home was discouraged, the same sourpusses who had whined about it, left, going on to other places.

The founder of Scamdy was a bona fide member of democraticunderground, who got together with a member of the DUmmie FUnnies.  They had no operating plan, just the goal of finding out what Doug's stupid ex-wife was up to, because the Scamdal surely wasn't anything it seemed to be.

After those two, others from both sides of the spectrum came on board.

There were two "leaders," the two founders, but generally, the one from democraticunderground was the de facto leader, a position gratefully granted that individual by all others, because that individual was the one running the biggest risks. 

Not being primitives, we were receptive to any and all coming our way, left and right.

After a month, the Scamdy web-site passed on to my own hands, because I had the least to lose, if exposed.  (In fact, franksolich didn't have a damned thing to lose.)

The Scamdy site started withering after a few months--autumn 2005--but I kept it up for about another year and half, before letting it lapse.  Towards the end, the only traffic (and really, it was pretty sparse) was mostly from people with ".gov", ".edu", and ".irs" addresses at the tag-end of their ISP numbers.

I have no idea why.

The Scamdy web-site was actually a "front," for something far more important; a private chatroom where members of Scamdy socialized and exchanged information (much of which could not be put on the internet).  It was a great chatroom, a good time, excepting the member assigned to cover the Bostonian Drunkard was always.....drunk.  (franksolich was assigned to cover Doug's stupid ex-wife and his fellow alum Skins.)

Those involved in Scamdy took extreme care to NOT establish any personal real-life contact with any of the errant primitives (other than that slight lapse in judgement to which delilah referred a few pages back); this however did not mean the scammers and their collaborators also displayed clean sportsmanship.

Among other things, somewhere along the line, I learned that one of the scammer-collaborators had obtained my telephone number (I had a telephone at the time; I lived in town, not out here) and was griping that no matter how many times he called me, I wouldn't pick up the telephone.

Well, I never picked up the telephone because I never knew it was ringing; I'm deaf, remember.

(The telephone however was necessary in order to have internet service at that place.)

After learning that, I contacted the local telephone company, who then put a 30-day "tracer" on calls coming to my number.....and they traced back to a primitive in California, a middle-aged guy who lived with his elderly mother, and who apparently had been in trouble before, something involving violence wreaked upon women.

Among other things.  There was one night the unsportsmanlike scammers and their collaborators posted my name, address, and telephone number on both Skins's island and the Mike Malloy message board.....but both my fellow alum Skins and Mike Malloy's wife kindly took them down within a minute or so of that information being posted.

We played clean; the scammers played filthy dirty.

Some scammer-collaborators managed to get my post office then-address, though, and got my name on all sorts of mailing-lists, mostly for book clubs.

I made lemonade out of lemons with that; I joined them all, got the four books for a buck or two, bought a couple more at regular price over the next year.

One primitive contacted Frank Solich, by then head football coach at the University of Ohio, alleging I was "using" his name for illicit purposes.  That was resolved in a hurry; after all, I had been using "franksolich" as my screen-name (everywhere) since 1995, long before Frank Solich was well-known, and had never misrepresented myself as being the real thing.  Of course not; franksolich has a great deal of admiration and respect for Frank Solich, a gentleman of sterling principle and integrity.

Among other things, too numerous to list, and six years later, I've forgotten many of them.

We played clean; the scammers and primitives played foully dirty. 

Good times, good times.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
Are you guys aware of these 2 links?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1434439/posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AFree_Republic/Archive_1#Andy_Stephenson_FR_coverage
I was before I knew the details I do now.  The 'is it cancer or is it something else' waffling from Stevenson/Ferrari.  As dumb as Will Pitt is, he gave away a lot in his 'what about meeee?' post.

There are a smattering of DUmmy posts that echo those two threads/articles.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:45:38 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2011, 10:47:54 PM »
I was before I knew the details I do now.  The 'is it cancer or is it something else' waffling from Stevenson/Ferrari.  As dumb as Will Pitt is, he gave away a lot in his 'what about meeee?' post.

There are a smattering of DUmmy posts that echo those two threads/articles.

WTF? The Daily Kos wrote about this too?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/06/13/121559/-Allegations-of-Fraud-Hound-Andy-Stephenson-Charity-Fundraising-Campaign
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
Everybody covered it.

WOW! I'm really shocked at that.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
WOW! I'm really shocked at that.

Well, it made an interesting story to cover, given the depth of Doug's stupid ex-wife's stupidity.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2011, 04:46:24 AM »
Well, it made an interesting story to cover, given the depth of Doug's stupid ex-wife's stupidity.

Now that's a bottomless pit . . . or at least a Marianas Trench.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »
Scamdy was formed near the end of May, and was on the internet sometime during the first part of June 2005.

It was created because P-J Comix was wearying of covering it in the DUmmie FUnnies, and because there was some hostility about discussing the issue at our old home (now under new management, by the way; give it a visit); there were some sourpusses there who whined about it.

And then after discussion of Scamdy at our old home was discouraged, the same sourpusses who had whined about it, left, going on to other places.

The founder of Scamdy was a bona fide member of democraticunderground, who got together with a member of the DUmmie FUnnies.  They had no operating plan, just the goal of finding out what Doug's stupid ex-wife was up to, because the Scamdal surely wasn't anything it seemed to be.

After those two, others from both sides of the spectrum came on board.

There were two "leaders," the two founders, but generally, the one from democraticunderground was the de facto leader, a position gratefully granted that individual by all others, because that individual was the one running the biggest risks. 

Not being primitives, we were receptive to any and all coming our way, left and right.

I so would've liked to keep in touch with him. I just adored him almost as much as I adore frank! Many of us have dispersed far and wide but I'm sure if we're ever needed again in a (most likely) fruitless attempt to save the DUmmies from themselves we'll do our best.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
I so would've liked to keep in touch with him. I just adored him almost as much as I adore frank! Many of us have dispersed far and wide but I'm sure if we're ever needed again in a (most likely) fruitless attempt to save the DUmmies from themselves we'll do our best.

The spirit of the members of democraticunderground involved with Scamdy lives on; I doubt if any of them are there any longer, given that one "outgrows" Skins's island, just as one outgrows short pants or junior high.

It's a faint, flickering, dim light, but one can see it, if one looks for it.

It's whenever a member of democraticunderground--o, rare event!--demands that the primitives hold themselves, Democrats, and liberals up to the same standards the primitives demand of Republicans and conservatives.

(Many out in the real world thought it odd that proponents of "open and honest elections" were opponents of "open and honest fund-raising.")
apres moi, le deluge