Author Topic: There is NO better source of news on the interwebs than DU, none  (Read 1551 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
There is NO better source of news on the interwebs than DU, none
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
Yes, he really typed that. Okay, stop laughing now. This is serious.

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)    Thu Nov-18-10 06:11 PM
Original message

There is NO better source of news on the interwebs than DU, none   Updated at 1:21 AM

and I mean that.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9586260#9587205

I like the way The Neurologically Insulted One adds, "and I mean that" so as not to confuse it with satire.  :-)

Rhiannon12866 DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 06:14 PM
Response to Original message
1. K&R. You're right.

Folks here miss nothing and I often read about things here that don't show up in the MSM until days later. Here's to DU, "the most trusted name in news," LOL.

Shouldn't you be hiding under your bed then, awaiting the VRWC Sturmtruppen to drag you to Teh Camps? Seems like I read that on the DUmmy News Network several times.

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. HOLY SHIT unrecd already, how ****ing sad   Updated at 1:21 AM

I hate the unrec function.

Think of the unrecs as the editorial following the news.

KeyserSoze87 (107 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 06:17 PM
3. And the Daily Show.

You do know that Jon is now a pariah at The Hive, don't you?

I'll bet you do know, you scallawag, you. :asssmack:

dipsydoodle Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 06:22 PM
5. Its helped by the way in which we're dispersed

across the world in different time zones and using all manner of news sources.

:hi: and rec'd

Yes, dispersed in different time zones, sanitariums, planets, realities, planes of existence...

PBS Poll-435 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 06:23 PM
6. Agreed

If I need to know something before anyone else, DU is it.

Differences aside, I think we all do a pretty good job of being ahead of the curve.

Just like with the KKKarl Rove indictment. Are the 5 business days up yet, BTW?

Poll_Blind Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Thu Nov-18-10 06:24 PM
7. I would agree. Especially if there is breaking news. It's like having thousands of reporters...   Updated at 1:50 AM

...on the case.
Some topics get more attention than others, of course, but generally it is the place to be to learn about things you wanna know about.

:thumbsup:

Oh, and it's also a great place to get pissed off by people. Comes with the territory.

:rofl:

PB

Thousands of reporters on the case, sitting in thousands of parents' basements, in thousands of pairs of Cheeto/urine/semen-stained underwear, watching thousands of other stained-underwear basement dwellers post thousands of random thoughts that turn into thousands of "news" items.

frylock Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 07:39 PM
13. agreed..

it's what keeps me coming back.

"Well, that and the one-night hookup opportunities in the GLBT forum. :thumbs:"

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 08:53 PM
Response to Reply #14
16. Only KO and RM EVER mention us   Updated at 1:21 AM

And if the President's little elves bothered to visit here, they'd KNOW what the Left was really about.

Oh, they have. Why do you think they're desperately tying to disassociate from you now?

anAustralianobserver (268 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 09:16 PM
Response to Reply #16
18. Yes DU must be on some in the administration's radars (?) but I've often thought they could avoid
a lot of missteps if they tuned in to it more. If I was the president I think I'd skim the Greatest page in addition to reading a few letters a day.

:rotf:

Initech (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-18-10 09:32 PM
19. One hour of reading DU and I'm more informed than I would be watching 6 of Fux.

Aye, well, surfing pr0n for 6 hours isn't going to inform you of much outside the fact that Cheree Hotblood wants it "harder and faster YOU BIG STUD!"

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:03:14 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: There is NO better source of news on the interwebs than DU, none
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
Poll_Blind Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Thu Nov-18-10 06:24 PM
7. I would agree. Especially if there is breaking news. It's like having thousands of reporters...   Updated at 1:50 AM

...on the case. Some topics get more attention than others, of course, but generally it is the place to be to learn about things you wanna know about.

:thumbsup:

Oh, and it's also a great place to get pissed off by people. Comes with the territory.

PB

Yeah like how dancing with the stars is rigged and how Willow is pregnant.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Thu Nov-18-10 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. HOLY SHIT unrecd already, how ****ing sad   Updated at 1:21 AM

I hate the unrec function.

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Aaaahhhhhh hahaha haha ahhh haha  Oohhh shit.  Oooohhhhh shit.  <Cough> <Tears and coughing, some snot> <More tears and difficulty breathing>  Stop it! Stop it!  Aaaaahhhhahahah  :rotf: :rotf:

<Catches breath>  :lmao:  :lmao:

Now in euphoric mood due to extended laughter  :-) 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 04:19:59 AM »
Well after all look what happened when a major news network anchor ran a hit piece on a sitting President using faked evidence.
DU was on the scene to...oh wait,that wasn`t DU that exposed the lies was it.

Nope,sorry DUmmies,you are still irrelevant to anything.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 04:47:09 AM »
Yes, he really typed that. Okay, stop laughing now. This is serious.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9586260#9587205

I like the way The Neurologically Insulted One adds, "and I mean that" so as not to confuse it with satire.  :-)

Shouldn't you be hiding under your bed then, awaiting the VRWC Sturmtruppen to drag you to Teh Camps? Seems like I read that on the DUmmy News Network several times.

Think of the unrecs as the editorial following the news.

You do know that Jon is now a pariah at The Hive, don't you?

I'll bet you do know, you scallawag, you. :asssmack:

Yes, dispersed in different time zones, sanitariums, planets, realities, planes of existence...

Just like with the KKKarl Rove indictment. Are the 5 business days up yet, BTW?

Thousands of reporters on the case, sitting in thousands of parents' basements, in thousands of pairs of Cheeto/urine/semen-stained underwear, watching thousands of other stained-underwear basement dwellers post thousands of random thoughts that turn into thousands of "news" items.

"Well, that and the one-night hookup opportunities in the GLBT forum. :thumbs:"

Oh, they have. Why do you think they're desperately tying to disassociate from you now?

:rotf:

Aye, well, surfing pr0n for 6 hours isn't going to inform you of much outside the fact that Cheree Hotblood wants it "harder and faster YOU BIG STUD!"

Your commentary was very funny dandi.   H5.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:23:46 AM »
DU isn't the source of any news- at the very best they are an aggregation source, with lots of editorializing. An aggregate source that looks to questionable originators for the articles they cite - making the 'news' itself questionable. 

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 06:39:24 AM »
How many days is it until our elections now?

Takes mental notes on Dainbramaged's comment.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline dandi

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)    Thu Nov-18-10 06:11 PM
Original message

There is NO better source of news on the interwebs than DU, none   Updated at 1:21 AM

and I mean that.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »

Dain bramage sure is a bitch, ain't it? :hammer:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
KeyserSoze87 (107 posts)  Thu Nov-18-10 06:17 PM
3. And the Daily Show.
Can't forget the Daily Show. I mean, were else can a comedian tell you all about the news of the day and all the happenings around the world. ::) :whatever: :lmao:

Offline dandi

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
Dain bramage sure is a bitch, ain't it? :hammer:

No kidding.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
I don't think you understand the term NEWS.

Pravda was the best at NEWS too.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »
Someone in the VRWC Intel section is going to get a huge raise for posting that on DU.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
Someone in the VRWC Intel section is going to get a huge raise for posting that on DU.

Yup.  Ant it ain't me . . . 'Course, I'm in SIGSEC . . . 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.