Author Topic: Can we have an official Ask Jake thread?  (Read 9976 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: Can we have an official Ask Jake thread?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
I have a question for you AllentownJake and please don't take this the wrong way:

Is English your first language? I mean did you grow up speaking it? I am not putting down your English skills BTW... it just seems to me like that maybe it isn't your first language. It is so... proper is the way I would describe it. Not typical I guess would be the word I should use.

I don't mean to offend you... I was just curious.  :cheersmate:

I'm an accountant that got a C- in every English course he ever took.

Next.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
:rofl: There are a few people here I'd like to ask that question to.  "Does your keyboard work?"  "Do you know where the period key is?"

LOL!  :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
I'm an accountant that got a C- in every English course he ever took.

Next.

LOL!!! I had trouble with grammar myself... and my mom was an English teacher! Thank God for the literature portion or I would have never passed grade school!  :fuelfire:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 09:47:31 PM »
:rofl: There are a few people here I'd like to ask that question to.  "Does your keyboard work?"  "Do you know where the period key is?"

I'm probably one of them, especially when I post with my iPhone.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:44 PM »
I like numbers more than words.  Always have.  Sue me.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

Give me hexadecimal or binary and I'll agree with you.  :tongue:

:-)

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
Give me hexadecimal or binary and I'll agree with you.  :tongue:

Math has an inability to lie.  I like it.  I love the Accounting equation, I hate perversions to it.  I see a lot of perversions going on right now.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »
Math has an inability to lie.  I like it.  I love the Accounting equation, I hate perversions to it.  I see a lot of perversions going on right now.

I got a D in accounting. It wasn't logical.  :fuelfire:

Give me hex or give me death!!!

Edited to fix space bar malfunction

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:01:14 PM by I_B_Perky »

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
Purging voter rolls of eligible voters and voter suppression.  Mostly done in the South to ethnic minorities.  There are republican machine areas in Lehigh and Northampton county and there has been shenanigans in the past.

Elections are only stolen when the margin of victory is less than 1%.  In that case it is a coin flip anyway on who won.

Barcoded paper ballots seem like a good way of preventing fraud in my opinion.

Good answer, sir, but I still feel as if I'm trying to hunt a live dinosaur, looking around for a credible big city or state machine run by Republicans; not only the ones that count the ballots, but also control city and state jobs and do other expensive favors (city and state contracts, for example, to adherents of the machine--that tunnel in Boston and that bridge in Minneapolis were this sort of payoff, and we all know what happened there) so as to keep voters loyal.

I dunno why even barcoded paper ballots are necessary; all my own life, in Nebraska, we've used those things resembling SAT examinations in high school; rows of ovals in which one uses a pencil to darken the oval of one's choice.  Also, voter identification should be required. 

And third, election returns within states should be revealed all at the same time, city and rural.  I'm really tired, for example, of St. Louis manufacturing votes after the rural Missouri numbers are in, so as to overcome any shortfalls.  Ditto for Chicago and downstate Illinois.  The results should all be released at the exact same time.

I'm still trying to figure out where St. Louis "found" those 200,000 votes that elected Claire McCaskill to the U.S. Senate in 2006, for example.  Two hundred thousand "votes" that were released after St. Louis had claimed all totals were in, and after the results of Missouri outside of St. Louis had been reported.

I'm also in favor of uniform voting times, one twelve or fourteen hour period that covers all 48 continental states, with adjustments for Alaska and Hawaii.  And no early voting; that gives malicious hands more time to tamper with things.

No machines.  I voted by machine in Allentown, and I didn't trust it.  A piece of paper.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:15 PM »
I got a D in accounting. It wasn't logical.  :fuelfire:

Give me hex or give me death!!!

Edited to fix space bar malfunction

Classification is some what of an art.  However, once you understand the rules, you understand the language, you understand business.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Classification is some what of an art.  However, once you understand the rules, you understand the language, you understand business.

I'd rather understand the computer and how it works. The rules don't change.  :tongue:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:22 PM »
And third, election returns within states should be revealed all at the same time, city and rural.  I'm really tired, for example, of St. Louis manufacturing votes after the rural Missouri numbers are in, so as to overcome any shortfalls.  Ditto for Chicago and downstate Illinois.  The results should all be released at the exact same time.

I'm still trying to figure out where St. Louis "found" those 200,000 votes that elected Claire McCaskill to the U.S. Senate in 2006, for example.  Two hundred thousand "votes" that were released after St. Louis had claimed all totals were in, and after the results of Missouri outside of St. Louis had been reported.

I like that idea a lot.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:58 AM »

I'm just the opposite. I see words in my head and am a natural speller. You say "ball" to most people and they'll see something round. I see the word b-a-l-l in my head. Message boards don't count for anyone, though, because they're informal enough that people shouldn't feel obligated to be perfect. Unless they're posting about someone else's lack.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 05:23:32 AM »
I'm just the opposite. I see words in my head and am a natural speller. You say "ball" to most people and they'll see something round. I see the word b-a-l-l in my head. Message boards don't count for anyone, though, because they're informal enough that people shouldn't feel obligated to be perfect. Unless they're posting about someone else's lack.

Cindie

Agreed there, also if anyone on here was a published author, they'd have a person very proficient at Grammar reading their work and making corrections.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
Bloomberg is candidate A.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Gates is candidate B if the economic conditions are shitty enough.

Both of them DIW out of the gate.  You would not be able to sell big business liberals (one being an eeeevilll corporate baron) to voters in the South and Midwest.

The other possibility is Petraeus with a business leader running mate.  I could see those two estates coming together to give an FU to the 3rd estate (the Washington chattering class of both parties).

This would be an interesting pairing.

We need a Washington and a Jefferson.

Agree with you 110%.  I don't think for one second that the media wouldn't use everything at their disposal to tear a common sense candidate limb from limb, though.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline dandi

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »
50 D 3I 47R

Lieberman and Sanders caucus with the democrats, Charlie out of Florida knowing which way the wind blows caucusing with the GOP.

House 10 seat majority GOP.

Charlie Crist is not going to win FL. 

Offline dandi

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
I'm probably one of them, especially when I post with my iPhone.

Bobo?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

Offline dandi

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
There's another part of me that wonders if Obama even cares to run again in 2012, he just doesn't seem that into the job.

Obama is a meglomaniac, no way he won't run.  And Michelle would have his...well, he doesn't have any where she's concerned but his little tidbits wouldn't be safe if the WH partying was over.  And the entourage, the overseas vacations, the TV face time, etc 
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »
Charlie Crist is not going to win FL. 

I think he's gonna have trouble finishing a close third to Meek when Rubio beats both of them.

And either Jake is pulling our chain with his Senate prediction or he's the last Democrat left in the U.S. that believes that the Kommunist Kiddies will still be in charge when the next Congress is sworn in.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline dandi

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 11:37:01 AM »
I think he's gonna have trouble finishing a close third to Meek when Rubio beats both of them.

And either Jake is pulling our chain with his Senate prediction or he's the last Democrat left in the U.S. that believes that the Kommunist Kiddies will still be in charge when the next Congress is sworn in.

Well, anyone that thinks the government should be doing infrastructure projects at a prevailing wage.....

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
Well, anyone that thinks the government should be doing infrastructure projects at a prevailing wage.....

:naughty:

8 seat pick-up.

Sorry you aren't winning California, Illinois, New York or Wisconsin. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
:naughty:

8 seat pick-up.

Sorry you aren't winning California, Illinois, New York or Wisconsin. 

I just got done reading the article in the Washington Post talking about Wisconsin, I wouldn't be so sure about us not picking it up. I think we have a good shot in California, Illinois, Nevada, Washington and Wisconsin.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
I just got done reading the article in the Washington Post talking about Wisconsin, I wouldn't be so sure about us not picking it up. I think we have a good shot in California, Illinois, Nevada, Washington and Wisconsin.

Turnout will be interesting. As for Nevada, what should have been a sure thing, Republican Mayors have turned on Angle