Author Topic: Can we have an official Ask Jake thread?  (Read 9980 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: Can we have an official Ask Jake thread?
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »

That seems to be ATJs MO.  Hell, he even comes here and trashes the members of Lib boards he belongs to; specifically the one called Old Elm Tree where he looks to still be a member with his own 'column'.   Poor thing can't seem to find a happy place.

Not one of the places I've seen him would allow a conservative to remain more than a few posts, yet they all crow about their tolerance.

There is no happy place. 

I'm conservative on few things, liberal on a few things, and pretty much a 1950s Republican on everything else.

Frankly I look around and I'm stuck in a culture that has abandoned thinking before it speaks or making sure they know what they are talking about before they open their mouths. 

I blame TV and marketing. 

As far as liberal tolerance, you should have seen the reaction I got locally when I publicly denounced the Health Care bill as a very bad piece of legislation and an economic disaster.  I think I would have gotten less vitriol if I denied the Holocaust.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.