Author Topic: Former FNC Producer Commits Suicide; Left Classless As Usual  (Read 7733 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Former FNC Producer Commits Suicide; Left Classless As Usual
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »
Calm down, people.

It's only politics.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:37 PM »
I don't feel either way about her being here.  What I object to is the constant fighting and acrimony.  If you can't be civil, that's not my fault.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline soleil

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »
You obviously feel very strongly about disagreeing with Soleil...hell I disagreed with NHSparky and I didn't get such a public ass whooping like the one I just got.
I don't appreciate your  "find somewhere else to post" either.....  But...I suppose I will.   

Honestly, I will leave before you do. If you and others really feel that strongly about me being here, I will go. I mean that. I don't think this is about me. But, I know this is more of your site than mine, and if you really feel that way about it, I'm out. Not to sound like a bitch. I mean that sincerely.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
Calm down, people.

It's only politics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
What I object to is the constant fighting and acrimony.

Yeah, sometimes members tend to forget.

It's franksolich's job to be the whipping-boy.

So one should vent one's spleen on me, not on members.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 11:18:54 PM »
You obviously feel very strongly about disagreeing with Soleil...hell I disagreed with NHSparky and I didn't get such a public ass whooping like the one I just got.
I don't appreciate your  "find somewhere else to post" either.....  But...I suppose I will.   

Admit it, some of y'all have piled on her like white on rice. I almost, repeat, almost have developed some respect for Soliel because she has put up with y'all and still been cordial about things. I guess where I have the problem is that she came here looking for something she couldn't find at the DUmp. Perhaps she's maturing and starting to switch her political views?? I certainly wouldn't want to stop that. Would you???

To paraphrase Churchill; When one is young, if one isn't a liberal, they have no heart. When one has matured and they're not Conservative, they have no brain.

By now you all should realize that I hate the DUmpmonkies and would be happy putting a slug into the back of their brains myself, however- I normally don't joust with the retards here because it's not my place, nor is it my responsibility to deal with the scum. I don't donate here- just like I never did at CU.

As annoyed as I get at these peices of shit that ooze out of the mud to our forum, I'll say just once thatif this was my site there would be a shoot on site order. It's not my site.

Carry on.

Dutch, I wouldn't have a problem with that mentality if they came over simply to stir up shit. I guess we have to look at things on a case by case basis. On the whole, I AM inclined to agree with you. IMO, and for what it's worth, as long as folks follow the rules, I say let them post. It's  up to y'all to tear them up through debate (and I know some  of y'all CAN debate), without resorting to personal attacks.

Again, do we want a place where we have group think, posts in lockstep and if one gets out of step, then they're banned?? That's not my idea of a decent site or even any kind of liberty, in a sense. I'm not asking anybody to like another's ideas, but if they're not troublemakers, deal with them, put them in their place and destroy any false logic they may have.
One of DU's most contemptible practices is the ideological purity they impose. We have dispensed with those rules here for a reason.

If *any* liberal wandered in here I would like to think that we might try to persuade them by the strength of our arguments. Yet, there seems to be a mood that we don't want them to even have that chance, we only want to exact a revenge for some pent-up frustration.

I understand that frustration because I feel it as well as there are a thousand things I would love to tell those morons over at the DUmp. But I'm not going to send someone who is being perfectly civil away from here muttering that conservatives are a bunch of close-minded, egotistical, bullies. Granted some will say that regardless but let them be liars, not proven right.

One of the aspects of the 1st Amendment is to be able to speak freely so we can reach out to our neighbors and appeal to their better judgment. In formal terms it is called campaigning. Why bother having a freedom of speech if the only thing we can think of saying is, "**** you I don't want you here."

And don't say I'm soft-hearted or some shrinking violent because I will remind you of my tangles with TNO, the recently departed Michae1 and others.

I guess that MSB has captured how I feel, anyways.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
You can dissent until your fingers fall off, but membership here is not determined by your personal preference.  If you continue to abuse other members for no other reason than to be an annoyance and a disturbance, you may want to start looking for somewhere else to post.

This girl has been civil the entire time she has been here and I expect our membership to return the courtesy.  If you have a problem with her, you can take it to the appropriate forum... there IS already a thread there for that purpose.  I will not have you disrupting every discussion on this forum.  If you have a problem with her being a member, you can make your case off the forum by private messages or email.

If anyone here continues abusing other members without provocation, I will lock your threads and restrict your posting priveliges.

I've said what I believe. nothing more.

If you would like, I will just act like they don't exist. This is my home, I don't intend to shit on the carpet. Sol could put me on ignore any time she likes. I have even suggested as much.

It is after all a conservative forum. I have a real bur up my backside for those that identify with and defend terrorists and those that would defend those who do. I lost a business after 9/11 due to the economic free-fall in advertising and am still feeling the repercussions. In other words I lost my ass!

If any other member defended a terrorist sympathizer I would have the same position.

I'll leave it at that and avoid her like the plague!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 11:50:44 PM »
I'm sorry about your personal loss, but my concern is with the overall well being of this forum.  Do you consider following someone around just to throw taunts at them "defending your beliefs"?  I have no problem with people standing up for themselves but if the only way you can do it is with insults and harassment, why do it at all?

You're free to post whatever you like.  All I ask is that you keep it civil.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 12:22:02 AM »
I'm sorry about your personal loss, but my concern is with the overall well being of this forum.  Do you consider following someone around just to throw taunts at them "defending your beliefs"?  I have no problem with people standing up for themselves but if the only way you can do it is with insults and harassment, why do it at all?

You're free to post whatever you like.  All I ask is that you keep it civil.

First off, I don't "follow' anyone.

Second, I considered it a valid question when someone tells me their friend is a terrorist sympathizer!

Third, on this forum, I expect anyone to be called out on that opinion.

Don't worry, I'll leave her alone. I sure as hell hate to see some of our long time posters leave for the sake of one poster's hurt feelings, though! If ya can't stand the heat, get outa the kitchen. It's not like we don't advertise our political leanings thru the forum.

If I were not appreciated on any other forum, say like the DUmp, of course we'll never know since they don't even allow us there, of which I'm sure I don't need to remind you she did belong to in good standing BTW, I sure as hell wouldn't stick around and cause dissent among the long term residents!

Guess that's why I'm not a mod, or have the inclination of being one. I would have the tendency of protecting my own.

ETA:

After following the DUmp these many years, I guess I'm a little calloused when it comes to the definition of "insults and harassment". You would think after being a member of such a site, you would have a little thicker skin when visiting the "enemy".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:26:31 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
What she believes is not necessarily what I believe, and I don't have to defend her views. She has always been extremely kind to me, and that matters to me. I also don't have to defend who I choose to be friends with.
Lay with thieves, sleep with thieves - it's in the Bible for a reason...you are defined by the company you keep...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 03:40:15 AM »

Well, is there jewelry involved? :tongue:

Cindie
Well yea but it's made from real shrunken human heads...

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 03:55:02 AM »
Calm down, people.

It's only politics.

It's times like these when I like to really reflect on my life and dream of how I wished I was...

[youtube=425,350]O2ePp2A_stI[/youtube]

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2010, 03:58:38 AM »
Yeah, sometimes members tend to forget.

It's franksolich's job to be the whipping-boy.

So one should vent one's spleen on me, not on members.
You're a liver-head.
I like you! :tongue: :tongue:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »
The idea behind my post is not to tell anyone to sit down and shut up. Exactly to the contrary the idea is to stop telling people to sit down and shut up.

Disagreement is good. It's strengthening and rejuvenating. Every position I hold dear I try to consider the various permutations of how it would play out, good, bad or indifferent. But even then when someone challenges me I abandon, refine or strengthen what I originally believed based on the merits of the discussioni brought to me.

I know you and I don't generally interact on the forums. It's not that we disagree. More ot the point we agree so much we more times then not only thing either of us could add to the other's comments would be, "Hear! Hear!" You're one of the people I hang around for and I'm not saying that just to butter you up (PM me if you want to know what can involve butter...j/k).

Sol's declared friendship with Butt Worm troubles me to know end. From the link I posted it is obvious Butt Worm has a thousand rationalizations as to why murderers should be excused and not one of those rationalizations deals with the fact he/she/it is excusing genocidal killers. However, Sol is approachable while Butt Worm is not. Perhaps as the dialogue plays out Butt Worm's obstinance will prove more telling than any other factor because that obstinance betrays the refusal to deal with facts. Does it not make sense that how you say something matters almost as strongly as what you have to say? I know when my BIL says the only reason I'm a conservative is because I'm an easily-led, mind-numbed, hate-filled, misogynist assholes he's pretty much closed the door to whatever argument is destined to follow. It also deepens his own sense of arrogance.

Don't be that guy, girl. If you weren't better than that I wouldn't hang out for your company.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2010, 09:13:28 AM »
Honestly, I will leave before you do. If you and others really feel that strongly about me being here, I will go. I mean that. I don't think this is about me. But, I know this is more of your site than mine, and if you really feel that way about it, I'm out. Not to sound like a bitch. I mean that sincerely.

This is a debate board.  People are going to disagree. 

It's politics for pete's sake -- people need to grow thicker skin.   

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

yeah...bitches...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »
Dutch, I wouldn't have a problem with that mentality if they came over simply to stir up shit. I guess we have to look at things on a case by case basis. On the whole, I AM inclined to agree with you. IMO, and for what it's worth, as long as folks follow the rules, I say let them post. It's  up to y'all to tear them up through debate (and I know some  of y'all CAN debate), without resorting to personal attacks.

Yup. the sungoddess seams to be a nice enough person...more reason to watch her closely in IHO. I haven't called her an ignorant slut...yet. If I wanted to ignore her, or any others I would. That I haven't should either make her happy or nervous.

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline soleil

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »

I understand that, and I agree. However, if longtime members start to leave because I am here, I can see nothing but bad feelings and resentment coming from that.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
Calm down, people.

It's only politics, after all.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »
I understand that, and I agree. However, if longtime members start to leave because I am here, I can see nothing but bad feelings and resentment coming from that.

You are not as crazy as a ronbot. You wanna cup of coffee?

Offline soleil

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
You are not as crazy as a ronbot. You wanna cup of coffee?

I never turn down a cup of coffee.  :coffee:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »
Wait a second--Hawkgirl got a spanking last night?

AND I WASN'T TOLD OR INVITED?!?!?!

Son of a BITCH!!!  I miss ALL the good shit that goes on around here!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »

Apparently I was the one doing the spanking.

I'm gonna say it wasn't nearly as exciting as you imagine because I don't remember doing it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
Apparently I was the one doing the spanking.

I'm gonna say it wasn't nearly as exciting as you imagine because I don't remember doing it.

Yeah, those roofies will get ya every time.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »

Hey...I've never seen any of that kinky stuff...but I'd like to take a look at it... :drool:
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin