Author Topic: Former FNC Producer Commits Suicide; Left Classless As Usual  (Read 7734 times)

Offline soleil

Re: Former FNC Producer Commits Suicide; Left Classless As Usual
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
You're kiddin' right? Do you change your personality according to which site you're visiting? Are you sayin' your "friend" does not believe in defending Hezbollah? Have you read Burt's posts?

I think you'll find most if not everyone here does not put up any kind of a false front unless of course we have deep cover moles over at DU, or some other looney toon site, in order to be able to watch meltdowns during times of angst.

I would add that it is necessary given DU has a pretty closed membership, unlike here, where we pretty much will let anyone post until they go over the line!

Oh, and I don't see comparing Ted Bundy to your "friend" much different. There were many who boasted Ted was a helluva nice guy! Of course they didn't lose a wife or daughter to the killer either. If I had ran into him and had a beer, I might of thought him to be a nice guy too. However, after finding out he was a frikkin' serial killer, I can assure you my opinion would change in a heart tick! Like I said, if I found out one of my "friends" condoned launching rockets into populated areas of Israel or sending youngsters in for suicide runs, they would no longer be a "friend".

Do you think just because your friend hasn't participated in the killing of innocents it makes them immune when agreeing with said acts? That's like sayin' if you attend a lynching and you're not the one with the rope, you get a pass. It don't work that way.

How you judge people is your own business. I'm giving you my opinion and letting you know why I disagree with yours. I thought that was the definition of debate. Sorry if I misinterpret the definition.

But this thread isn't about that at all. We shouldn't be "debating" why I choose the friends I have. I'd certainly never ask you why you are friends with someone. That is your business.

And what I meant by knowing her on a different site is that people tend to be ultra serious in GD and always have their guard up. This other site is a silly site that rarely discusses politics if at all.  As someone said in another thread, there is more to people and life than politics.

And if you feel the need to compare her to Ted Bundy, I certainly can't stop you, but regardless of what you say, that is a ridiculous comparison.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
You remind me of my mole.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
But this thread isn't about that at all. We shouldn't be "debating" why I choose the friends I have. I'd certainly never ask you why you are friends with someone. That is your business.

You brought it up Einstein.

And btw, you should re-evaluate the way you pick your friends. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »

She reminds me of a typical DU'er.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »

I presume if she picked better friends she would do well and be well accepted if she chose us as friends.

Let's encourage that choice.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »
I presume if she picked better friends she would do well and be well accepted if she chose us as friends.

So, I should be nice to her?  :foff:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
So, I should be nice to her?  :foff:
Do recall she left DU because, to put it plainly, they're assholes.

She could have wondered into any other gin joint on the internet but she sought us out.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Do recall she left DU because, to put it plainly, they're assholes.

She could have wondered into any other gin joint on the internet but she sought us out.

Yes, and we're very honored.

:-)

Offline soleil

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »

Thanks, but no thanks. I brought it up just to point out that she was a girl and not a guy. Never realized it would lead the thread in another direction. Should've known though.

Offline soleil

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »

I am guessing that isn't a good thing, huh?  :-)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
Good Grief! So I guess if Ted Bundy would have showed ya a good time without killin' ya, he'd be your friend too!

Well, is there jewelry involved? :tongue:

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 06:47:56 PM »

Hell with that! She's just pullin' the usual, "I am the victim" crap!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »

Well, is there jewelry involved? :tongue:

Cindie

Heh, heh! You never fail to impress, Cin! That there is funny!!!!!!!!!!1 Spoken like a true conservative female! That's the first thing "Toots" said!

Offline soleil

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »
Hell with that! She's just pullin' the usual, "I am the victim" crap!

No I am not. Not at all. I understand there are quite a few here who will never like me, and that is fine. I don't think anyone should feel honored that I am here. That is obviously silly. What I would like though is for people to at least try to be civil with me. Maybe that is too much to ask. Not sure. I am a firm believer in you get what you give. I am trying my best to be civil with everyone. Even those who I know can't stand me and can't stand the fact that I am here. I feel like no matter what I say, you will always have a problem with it (and others). Again that is fine. No biggie. I merely pointed out that burt worm is a gal, and that I do consider her a friend. I didn't realize it would go into "how could I be friends with someone like that", but I really should have known better. I am a loyal friend though, and I will not badmouth someone that I consider a friend because everyone else doesn't like that person. That is just me. I didn't mean to highjack this thread. But that seems to happen a lot when I post something. Let me make this clear. I don't feel like I am a victim of anything. I chose to sign up here. I choose to stay here even though some have voiced they'd like to see me go or post something like "DUmmy" or "DUmbass" everytime I post. I am a big girl. I can handle it. I am just rambling at this point, but make no mistake, I DO NOT feel victimized here. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I am just trying to get along. That is all.

You know I have friends in real life that are all republicans. We can get along just fine. I am trying to see other sides of things here. Doesn't mean I'll change my mind, but I am open to hearing other perspectives. What is wrong with that?

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »
No I am not. Not at all. I understand there are quite a few here who will never like me, and that is fine. I don't think anyone should feel honored that I am here. That is obviously silly. What I would like though is for people to at least try to be civil with me. Maybe that is too much to ask. Not sure. I am a firm believer in you get what you give. I am trying my best to be civil with everyone. Even those who I know can't stand me and can't stand the fact that I am here. I feel like no matter what I say, you will always have a problem with it (and others). Again that is fine. No biggie. I merely pointed out that burt worm is a gal, and that I do consider her a friend. I didn't realize it would go into "how could I be friends with someone like that", but I really should have known better. I am a loyal friend though, and I will not badmouth someone that I consider a friend because everyone else doesn't like that person. That is just me. I didn't mean to highjack this thread. But that seems to happen a lot when I post something. Let me make this clear. I don't feel like I am a victim of anything. I chose to sign up here. I choose to stay here even though some have voiced they'd like to see me go or post something like "DUmmy" or "DUmbass" everytime I post. I am a big girl. I can handle it. I am just rambling at this point, but make no mistake, I DO NOT feel victimized here. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I am just trying to get along. That is all.

You know I have friends in real life that are all republicans. We can get along just fine. I am trying to see other sides of things here. Doesn't mean I'll change my mind, but I am open to hearing other perspectives. What is wrong with that?

Ya know, I never even had the thought about maybe mikey won't like me. Hell there are two here who have me on ignore. I don't give a rusty. It's their loss. As a matter of fact, you could do the same.

Every time you get in a pinch over here I hear the it's not me excuse. I don't have friends that defend terrorists. You do, end of argument. Bye!

Offline soleil

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
Ya know, I never even had the thought about maybe mikey won't like me. Hell there are two here who have me on ignore. I don't give a rusty. It's their loss. As a matter of fact, you could do the same.

Every time you get in a pinch over here I hear the it's not me excuse. I don't have friends that defend terrorists. You do, end of argument. Bye!

What the hell are you even talking about? I don't care if you like me. You like drama. That is clear. I don't. I don't put anyone on ignore, I think it is silly. However, I don't always show up in the threads you post. You ALWAYS show up in anything I post. You want to shit on anything I say. You like to stir the pot.

You hear what you want to hear, kinda like you just did with my post I just posted. But good. Maybe you should ignore me, and I think everyone would be happier.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
One of DU's most contemptible practices is the ideological purity they impose. We have dispensed with those rules here for a reason.

If *any* liberal wandered in here I would like to think that we might try to persuade them by the strength of our arguments. Yet, there seems to be a mood that we don't want them to even have that chance, we only want to exact a revenge for some pent-up frustration.

I understand that frustration because I feel it as well as there are a thousand things I would love to tell those morons over at the DUmp. But I'm not going to send someone who is being perfectly civil away from here muttering that conservatives are a bunch of close-minded, egotistical, bullies. Granted some will say that regardless but let them be liars, not proven right.

One of the aspects of the 1st Amendment is to be able to speak freely so we can reach out to our neighbors and appeal to their better judgment. In formal terms it is called campaigning. Why bother having a freedom of speech if the only thing we can think of saying is, "**** you I don't want you here."

And don't say I'm soft-hearted or some shrinking violent because I will remind you of my tangles with TNO, the recently departed Michae1 and others.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
Does Freedom of Speech also cover dissent?  Yes, yes, I believe it does.  :-*

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »
Does Freedom of Speech also cover dissent?  Yes, yes, I believe it does.  :-*
Yes, and that is why I am dissenting.

Freedom of speech also allows you to say "**** you, you ****ing ****!"

I could use the rude treatment on you or anyone else...but I don't want to. I want you to consider what I'm saying.

I think we are in danger of becoming like the turdblossoms at DU or gator's monstrosity at CU.

In contrast I ask: What's the harm in what I am proposing?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »
You can dissent until your fingers fall off, but membership here is not determined by your personal preference.  If you continue to abuse other members for no other reason than to be an annoyance and a disturbance, you may want to start looking for somewhere else to post.

This girl has been civil the entire time she has been here and I expect our membership to return the courtesy.  If you have a problem with her, you can take it to the appropriate forum... there IS already a thread there for that purpose.  I will not have you disrupting every discussion on this forum.  If you have a problem with her being a member, you can make your case off the forum by private messages or email.

If anyone here continues abusing other members without provocation, I will lock your threads and restrict your posting priveliges.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:55:18 PM by Chris »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline soleil

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »
One of DU's most contemptible practices is the ideological purity they impose. We have dispensed with those rules here for a reason.

If *any* liberal wandered in here I would like to think that we might try to persuade them by the strength of our arguments. Yet, there seems to be a mood that we don't want them to even have that chance, we only want to exact a revenge for some pent-up frustration.

I understand that frustration because I feel it as well as there are a thousand things I would love to tell those morons over at the DUmp. But I'm not going to send someone who is being perfectly civil away from here muttering that conservatives are a bunch of close-minded, egotistical, bullies. Granted some will say that regardless but let them be liars, not proven right.

One of the aspects of the 1st Amendment is to be able to speak freely so we can reach out to our neighbors and appeal to their better judgment. In formal terms it is called campaigning. Why bother having a freedom of speech if the only thing we can think of saying is, "**** you I don't want you here."

And don't say I'm soft-hearted or some shrinking violent because I will remind you of my tangles with TNO, the recently departed Michae1 and others.

I would like to say that most people here have done just what you are asking. And I'd like to say to all of those, including you, I do appreciate it. I don't ask you to believe what I do. But we can listen to one another civilly and disagree that way also. That is one of the many reasons I left DU. The you don't agree with me, then you must be a stupid asshole mentality. That mentality does nothing but further separate us. I am trying to see all sides. I don't ask anyone to take my side on anything, or even listen to it, but things don't have to turn into a dramafest. I am not a crybaby, I am just asking that we be adults and treat each other as we would if we were actually face to face. There have been times when I got too snarky, I am quite sure. I apologize to anyone I offended while doing so. I hope it is clear by now that I am not some mole from DU trying to get some DU cred. I am just here to see what other opinions are. You hear so much of the same ole crap at DU, and you start to feel like the walls are closing in on you.

Again, rambling. Sorry.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »

I think we are in danger of becoming like the turdblossoms at DU or gator's monstrosity at CU.

Yes, the group think is strong and is starting to stink. Here we have a person who may change their political ideology and y'all harass the hell out of her.

For the record, I'm REALLY pissed at the Dems today. They are ****ING our injured veterans and they're not even giving a reach around or using grease. Since the internet is monitored by Big Brotha and his Socialist ilk, I can't say how I REALLY feel.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 10:53:21 PM »
One of DU's most contemptible practices ...blaa blaa blaa... remind you of my tangles with TNO, the recently departed Michae1 and others.

By now you all should realize that I hate the DUmpmonkies and would be happy putting a slug into the back of their brains myself, however- I normally don't joust with the retards here because it's not my place, nor is it my responsibility to deal with the scum. I don't donate here- just like I never did at CU.

As annoyed as I get at these peices of shit that ooze out of the mud to our forum, I'll say just once thatif this was my site there would be a shoot on site order. It's not my site.

Carry on.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
By now you all should realize that I hate the DUmpmonkies and would be happy putting a slug into the back of their brains myself, however- I normally don't joust with the retards here because it's not my place, nor is it my responsibility to deal with the scum. I don't donate here- just like I never did at CU.

As annoyed as I get at these peices of shit that ooze out of the mud to our forum, I'll say just once thatif this was my site there would be a shoot on site order. It's not my site.

Carry on.

what he said...I guess this is not my site either.....

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
You can dissent until your fingers fall off, but membership here is not determined by your personal preference.  If you continue to abuse other members for no other reason than to be an annoyance and a disturbance, you may want to start looking for somewhere else to post.

This girl has been civil the entire time she has been here and I expect our membership to return the courtesy.  If you have a problem with her, you can take it to the appropriate forum... there IS already a thread there for that purpose.  I will not have you disrupting every discussion on this forum.  If you have a problem with her being a member, you can make your case off the forum by private messages or email.

If anyone here continues abusing other members without provocation, I will lock your threads and restrict your posting priveliges.

You obviously feel very strongly about disagreeing with Soleil...hell I disagreed with NHSparky and I didn't get such a public ass whooping like the one I just got.
I don't appreciate your  "find somewhere else to post" either.....  But...I suppose I will.