Author Topic: Another quitter....AllentownJake  (Read 12412 times)

Offline gore_bites

• Probationary (Probie)
Another quitter....AllentownJake
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8531961

AllentownJake  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jun-10-10 06:21 PM
Original message
I'm out of here

Peace guys, it has been real. Just received a moderator message to stop being critical of the President. Funny thing is, I've been relatively supportive of the President over the oil spill, actually more supportive than I've been in about 6 months about most administration actions. Hell, even the tone of my criticism is tempered from what it was a few months ago. Evidently the site is taking another direction. Cool with me. Would rather walk out than to wake up like Debbie did or a few others did to some BOG celebratory orgy. I'm sure they will have one anyway, good for them, for a group of people supposedly getting what they want they sure are angry.

The message said you are free to leave. So be it.

Been real kids.

We live in interesting, times. We do certainly indeed.

Administrators, do with the account what you wish.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
Re: Another quitter....AllentownJake
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
OK guys....what's the over/under on him showing up here again?

doc

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
This DUmmie is begging for pizza.

Oregone   (1000+ posts)           Thu Jun-10-10 06:24 PM
Response to Reply #3
15. No. We need to purge dissent

What happens on a small forum like DU is uber critical for the success of our Chosen Leader, blessed be His name.

Oregone   (1000+ posts)           Thu Jun-10-10 06:23 PM
Response to Original message
6. "do with the account what you wish"

You could PM someone the login info so they can unleash the gates of hell in your absence! Have some creativity....you know how we all feel about "Group think", eh?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »

doc

whiney assed ego cock muncher that he is?  60/40.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
whiney assed ego cock muncher that he is?  60/40.

Close enough for me.......I noticed the "guest" count goes up everytime I hit refresh....... :tongue:

doc

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
Purge dissent?  I thought it was something you idiots love...Oh WAIT.....!  

:loser:

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:16 PM »
The only thing in bigger supply than peace and tolerance at the DUmp is diversity of opinion.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:14:03 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »

doc

I would say 99% he will 1% he won`t.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
There may be yet another purge in the making.  Just before dinner I was looking at a thread which dealt with forming a labor party with unions and working folk. The topic has apparently gone down the rabbit hole. Fair enough it would be a violation of the TOS for Democrat Underground.  What surprised me was the how quickly it happened.  They have some hair triggers over there today.  

Will AJ show up?  I am with the 60/40 crowd.  Long as he plays nice who cares?  
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »
Will AJ show up?  I am with the 60/40 crowd.  Long as he plays nice who cares?  

Let us not forget what happened last time.......he came over here for what appeared to be a "civil converstion", then ran over to some liberal board that he is a mod on, and spent the next few days lying about how he was treated here......proving, of course that liberals lie......all the time.......

He's a snake......

doc

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Has this ever happened at DU before? so many longtime posters just exiting?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Let us not forget what happened last time.......he came over here for what appeared to be a "civil converstion", then ran over to some liberal board that he is a mod on, and spent the next few days lying about how he was treated here......proving, of course that liberals lie......all the time.......

He's a snake......

doc

Well you do make an excellent point which I had forgotten about.  

I am projecting this thread to disappear shortly:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8530467

More primitives are advocating labor or third parties.  Bad dummy, no cookie for you. :rotf:  A few more banning and scrubbings and things will be back to abnormal.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Well you do make an excellent point which I had forgotten about.  

I am projecting this thread to disappear shortly:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8530467

More primitives are advocating labor or third parties.  Bad dummy, no cookie for you. :rotf:  A few more banning and scrubbings and things will be back to abnormal.

From that thread:

dana_b  (1000+ posts)          Thu Jun-10-10 03:04 PM
11. If the teamsters joined with the
   teachers who joined with the machinists who joined with the nurses who joined with the pilots and flight attendants who joined with the police and fire fighters who joined with the long shoremen who joined with the.... well you get the idea. It would be amazing!!!

I think Dana orgasmed typing that post.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline soleil

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »
Pretty soon, Skinner will have to find another job. Seems like all the old-timers are leaving. It will soon be just the admins and the moles ;)!

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »
Pretty soon, Skinner will have to find another job. Seems like all the old-timers are leaving. It will soon be just the admins and the moles ;)!

Badmouthing your old post are we?  Conservatives don't like turncoats.

Offline soleil

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
Badmouthing your old post are we?  Conservatives don't like turncoats.

Um, I've been badmouthing DU since I got here. Kinda the first thread I started. And I don't care what YOU think of me. I've made that pretty clear I am sure.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
Um, I've been badmouthing DU since I got here. Kinda the first thread I started. And I don't care what YOU think of me. I've made that pretty clear I am sure.

whatever DUmmy....you don't fool me.

Offline soleil

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
whatever DUmmy....you don't fool me.

Ok. Reply to someone who does care what you think. k thanks BYE

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
Ok. Reply to someone who does care what you think. k thanks BYE

I will challenge your BS DUmmy, every time I see it.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
I will challenge your BS DUmmy, every time I see it.   

Let's keep it civil.....and on topic please.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
Let's keep it civil.....and on topic please.....

doc

How is it off topic?  Aren't we talking about DUmmies who left?...isn't Soleil a DUmmy who left DU?

And don't we dedicate a whole subforum to challenging DUmmies? 

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
dana_b  (1000+ posts)          Thu Jun-10-10 03:04 PM
11. If the teamsters joined with the
   teachers who joined with the machinists who joined with the nurses who joined with the pilots and flight attendants who joined with the police and fire fighters who joined with the long shoremen who joined with the.... well you get the idea. It would be amazing!!!
You would have PRECISELY what exists today in Californication, New Jersey, and Connecticut - a bankrupt state, FORCED MASS-LAYOFFS, reduction of all community services like a firefighter to extinguish your meth lab fire, the paramedic that would breathe life into your grandmother after her 4th heart attack, AND, most importantly, a queer school teacher that will teach the wonderful experiences of anal sex, fisting, felching, and hamster anal insertions to your ten year-old chitlens.

Looks to me you would deserve all you get from paying ten dollar an hour employees 35 dollars an hour.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »
You would have PRECISELY what exists today in Californication, New Jersey, and Connecticut - a bankrupt state, FORCED MASS-LAYOFFS, reduction of all community services like a firefighter to extinguish your meth lab fire, the paramedic that would breathe life into your grandmother after her 4th heart attack, AND, most importantly, a queer school teacher that will teach the wonderful experiences of anal sex, fisting, felching, and hamster anal insertions to your ten year-old chitlens.

Looks to me you would deserve all you get from paying ten dollar an hour employees 35 dollars an hour.

It forever amazes me that they truly believe money/wealth is conjured from nothing.
That if you pay someone a huge wage (that they crave for doing nothing) that money is simply stockpiled and waiting for them.

As stupid as it can get.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
How is it off topic?  Aren't we talking about DUmmies who left?...isn't Soleil a DUmmy who left DU?

I'd say that your comment to another CC member, who is no longer a  member of DU is off-topic.

You and others like to crow about the lack of free speech over there, and blather on endlessly about inviting them over here for an "open" discussion, but on the rare occasion when actually that happens, you appear to endorse anything BUT "free speech".......

Therefore, it logically follows that the question remains.....do you believe in free expression here or not.  I'd argue that if the answer is no......then we should shut up about "free speech", and admit that we are, in a number of ways, no different than they......just different politics.....

You point and laugh at their lack of tolerance, and call them hypocrites.......yet are we not displaying the same lack of tolerance?

"Physician, heal thyself......."

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11:17 PM »
I'd say that your comment to another CC member, who is no longer a  member of DU is off-topic.

You and others like to crow about the lack of free speech over there, and blather on endlessly about inviting them over here for an "open" discussion, but on the rare occasion when actually that happens, you appear to endorse anything BUT "free speech".......

Therefore, it logically follows that the question remains.....do you believe in free expression here or not.  I'd argue that if the answer is no......then we should shut up about "free speech", and admit that we are, in a number of ways, no different than they......just different politics.....

You point and laugh at their lack of tolerance, and call them hypocrites.......yet are we not displaying the same lack of tolerance?

"Physician, heal thyself......."

doc

Doc, can you point to where I said she is not allowed to have a point of view?