Author Topic: I got pizza'd at DU  (Read 7274 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: I got pizza'd at DU
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
Has anyon else noticed that FR has been frozen for an hour ??

I'm able to get on there.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »
My last mole was doing great until I mentioned it to a very long time member at CU and then within an hour I got the pizza.  I learned never to trust anyone with that kind of info again.
There are C.C. posters that here ARE moles from the DUmp and I can prove it. Some of those DUmp moles ARE mods here on C.C. and I can prove that too. MUspeak...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline sofa king

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 04:32:50 AM »
so...

have y'all given up all of your moles to this new "friend" you think this soleil is yet?

really?

that is how stupid you are?

ha ha. 

seriously...  you don't get soleil?  and the du game she is playing?

i laugh about how stupid dummys are.  and then i watch how y'all are played. 

well played, soleil.

well played...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:13 AM »
One word, gang, and it's semi-serious now . . .

OPSEC--it's not just a seemingly senseless acronym.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 04:57:45 AM »
One word, gang, and it's semi-serious now . . .

No kidding!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:54 AM »
Any web server keeps a log.  In that log you can see when one of your links has been accessed via another site.  This means that clicking on a DU link here, puts an entry in HurlG's log that the link was accessed from CC.  This allows him to peg in IP address as to probably being a CC member.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
There are C.C. posters that here ARE moles from the DUmp and I can prove it. Some of those DUmp moles ARE mods here on C.C. and I can prove that too. MUspeak...

?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
so...

have y'all given up all of your moles to this new "friend" you think this soleil is yet?

really?

ha ha. 

well played, soleil.

well played...

I never told Soleil my identity there, I did tell a long time member here via PM my identity but I trust they kept their word.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
Any web server keeps a log.  In that log you can see when one of your links has been accessed via another site.  This means that clicking on a DU link here, puts an entry in HurlG's log that the link was accessed from CC.  This allows him to peg in IP address as to probably being a CC member.

Yep, and I did that a few times, most of the time I would open a new window, but many times I followed the link directly.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »
Yep, and I did that a few times, most of the time I would open a new window, but many times I followed the link directly.

That's what most likely did you in then. I don't ever click links here. IF I had a mole account I'd never click here and then go log-in at DU while I had the same IP addy, way to easy to put the 2 together.

I used to run a website years ago that I had a "counter" from a place called Sitemeter on. Everyone has seen one it's that multi-colored little cube at the bottom of some websites. The amount of information that thing grabs is amazing.

Off the top of my head it gets
IP addy
Operating System down to the service packs and revisions
Browser down to the revisions
Time of day
Country of origin
Pages viewed
Break down of time spent on each page
Referring website
Website exited on to
And several others I'm forgetting

All in choices of pretty graphics or text reports for your viewing pleasure. It even maps your visitors so you can click the map and cross check info that way. I had lots of fun playing with it. They also have a 1 pixel X 1 pixel version that allows you to hide the counter somewhere on the page. There are dozens of these services available free or pay to play. The one I just described was top of the line for the freebies when I had my site back in '02.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »

That's what most likely did you in then. I don't ever click links here. IF I had a mole account I'd never click here and then go log-in at DU while I had the same IP addy, way to easy to put the 2 together.

I used to run a website years ago that I had a "counter" from a place called Sitemeter on. Everyone has seen one it's that multi-colored little cube at the bottom of some websites. The amount of information that thing grabs is amazing.

IP addy
Time of day
Country of origin
Pages viewed
Referring website
Website exited on to

All in choices of pretty graphics or text reports for your viewing pleasure. It even maps your visitors so you can click the map and cross check info that way. I had lots of fun playing with it. They also have a 1 pixel X 1 pixel version that allows you to hide the counter somewhere on the page. There are dozens of these services available free or pay to play. The one I just described was top of the line for the freebies when I had my site back in '02.

Yep, some friends and I had a tv website for a few years and I knew when people were coming directly over from a link. That's why I said I kind of wanted to get caught. I can't tell you how freeing it is not to be able to log in over there, saying dumb things at times to try to fit in was hard, I prefer just reading the stupidity over there now and not having to participate in it.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 02:23:14 PM »

IP addy
Time of day
Country of origin
Pages viewed
Referring website
Website exited on to

Absolutely, and thats just the basics. I have done small scale webhosting for years, in in my Terms of Service, I make it clear that I log EVERYTHING. Almost all of the time, its for no reason, and I let the logs cycle through and delete themselves after a while, but If there is a problem, I can put together a fairly complete timeline of who did what to what hosted website(s) and when.

I also get daily emails from the servers, giving me a synopsis of the events of the previous 24 hours. Its what must be done to keep data secure.

Offline soleil

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
so...

really?

ha ha. 

well played, soleil.

well played...

I don't want anyone's identity. Get off of it already. No one was asked to give me info, nor has anyone done such. No one was played. Quit adding fuel to a non-existent fire.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »
?
What, ya think C.U. and C.C. INVENTED the mole concept? Sorry honey, logic tells me political message forums moles are bi-directional.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
On the internet, no one can hear you scream....
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
I don't want anyone's identity. Get off of it already. No one was asked to give me info, nor has anyone done such. No one was played. Quit adding fuel to a non-existent fire.

Im going to back soleil  up here -

One of two things that need to happen for her to be able to burn moles.

a ) Moles voluntarily divulge identities. Don't do it, its a simple as that. The less people who know, the better. Anyway, I feel if one gives up their ID to someone moling here, its that persons fault. Not to say that soleil is moling us. If she is, she is spectacular at what she does, as I have seen nothing that indicates she is.

b ) A mole mod at CU has handed over some pertinent IP data to DU, allowing them to put the pieces together.

Frankly, I think the recent molebust is just good detective work on the part of DU, combined with sloppy housekeeping on Ballygrl's end. Its no big deal, crap happens. Not to mention, if she doesn't care, why should we ? moling DU is just a game, thats all.

..Kinda like busting on soleil seems to be here for some..

I see no reason to treat her poorly -  the only difference is she only agrees with us half the time politically instead of most of the time. As long as she continues to not break any rules, she shouldn't be targeted as a n'er-do-well troll.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »
Im going to back soleil  up here -

One of two things that need to happen for her to be able to burn moles.

a ) Moles voluntarily divulge identities. Don't do it, its a simple as that. The less people who know, the better. Anyway, I feel if one gives up their ID to someone moling here, its that persons fault. Not to say that soleil is moling us. If she is, she is spectacular at what she does, as I have seen nothing that indicates she is.

b ) A mole mod at CU has handed over some pertinent IP data to DU, allowing them to put the pieces together.

Frankly, I think the recent molebust is just good detective work on the part of DU, combined with sloppy housekeeping on Ballygrl's end. Its no big deal, crap happens. Not to mention, if she doesn't care, why should we ? moling DU is just a game, thats all.

..Kinda like busting on soleil seems to be here for some..

I see no reason to treat her poorly -  the only difference is she only agrees with us half the time politically instead of most of the time. As long as she continues to not break any rules, she shouldn't be targeted as a n'er-do-well troll.

I totally wanted to get caught, like I said before, if I was having fun being a mole I wouldn't of given out info to put the pieces together, and a part of me wanted to stick it out until the mid-terms but I couldn't do it, if anything I would've gotten the boot before the mid-terms because I couldn't resist posting anti-Democratic polling info LOL, and of course add a :( face to it.

Offline sofa king

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 02:28:51 AM »
fools.

whatever...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 05:25:27 AM »
Again, folks . . .

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »
They banned an entire campus?  How stupid is that?  You know how moonbatty everybody is in college, here they had rich fodder for membership (albeit broke), and they banish everybody just because there was a slight risk of someone "disrupting" with an opposing viewpoint?   

The smartest people on the planet. 
It was a small college in North Dakota....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »

OK, curiosity has got the best of me, who then are these moles?  Especially curious to know who is a moderator that is a mole? 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
OK, curiosity has got the best of me, who then are these moles?  Especially curious to know who is a moderator that is a mole? 

I'm gonna call a foul here......the question, in a public arena is inappropriate, and answering it would likely result in undesireable consequences, for whoever does it......

If you two wish to discuss this further, take it to PM's.......

Consider this a warning......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline soleil

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »
Again, folks . . .

I am not here to gather any crazy information to use for my advantage. Not sure how many other ways to say that. I understand people being wary, but people here have talked about their moles long before I came. No one divulged any info that would have compromised their mole. And I really just don't care that much about DU. If you read all my threads here, you can see that I've been called out and have compromised my own standing at DU. So what. I don't care if I am banned from there. I would rather spit on DU than post there again. I am trying to find common ground here. I came to shit on DU. I did that, and I will continue to do that, but now I have found some friendly people. It is nothing more than that. I guess I won't convince many here. I don't blame y'all, but please stop being so paranoid. There really is no reason for it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »
I am not here to gather any crazy information to use for my advantage. Not sure how many other ways to say that. I understand people being wary, but people here have talked about their moles long before I came. No one divulged any info that would have compromised their mole. And I really just don't care that much about DU. If you read all my threads here, you can see that I've been called out and have compromised my own standing at DU. So what. I don't care if I am banned from there. I would rather spit on DU than post there again. I am trying to find common ground here. I came to shit on DU. I did that, and I will continue to do that, but now I have found some friendly people. It is nothing more than that. I guess I won't convince many here. I don't blame y'all, but please stop being so paranoid. There really is no reason for it.

Understood.....however, what BSS is saying is that the longer the conversation continues, the more likely someone is going to get burned........there is nothing wrong with talking about moles in general terms, but it would be best to keep it extremely general.

OPSEC = Operational Security

doc

Offline soleil

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
Understood.....however, what BSS is saying is that the longer the conversation continues, the more likely someone is going to get burned........there is nothing wrong with talking about moles in general terms, but it would be best to keep it extremely general.

OPSEC = Operational Security

doc

I knew what it meant, but I felt like it was kinda directed toward me. Maybe so, maybe not. Anyway, this did go off in a bad direction. Boo! :(