Author Topic: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)  (Read 9870 times)

Offline Karin

Re: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »
Besides the zero housework out of him, which pisses me off no end, and has in fact altered my mood to one of irritableness, this line set my teeth on edge:

A brief pitiful whine and then near silence, followed by my screams of pain as Jeanette tries to dislodge the damn thing from my head.

SHUT UP FATSO, JUST SHUT UP.  She is nice enough to tend to your grooming, which you are unable to do because of your self-inflicted problems, and you have to rub her nerves raw with your screaming and bellowing?  SHUT UP  or you'll be trying and failing to wipe your own ass soon.  

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 08:49:53 AM »
.99 a pound in quantities you or I might consume probably wouldn't be much. His quantities, though, might be a bit higher.   :-)

You're definitely right there!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
Okay, okay, I had to dash to town to get something, and on my way I stopped off at the local grain elevator, to chat with the 56-year-old 404-pound guy who shovels grain there five and a half days a week.

I inquired about his domestic housework.  His wife is, interestingly, a beautician (an occupation common out here in the Sandhills) who cuts his own hair for free.

She like him puts in five and a half days, Saturday afternoons off for household stuff and Sundays off for relaxation.

He like the wife of the gigantic primitive takes out the wastebaskets and other household trash (to be honest, even though the pair lives nicely, I don't get the impression they generate whole lot of garbage--at least at home).  They live out in the country, and taking out the trash involves more than just dumping something down a trash-chute in an apartment buildng or walking out to the back yard.

It involves something like walking two city blocks, one way (which incidentally is the same as what franksolich does), and usually about three trips.

He says it's better exercise than any "non-moving bicycle."

His wife vaccuums; he stands by to move the furniture.

His wife does the cooking, and washes the dishes by hand, leaving them in the sink to dry.  He when having the necessity to using the bathroom or get a drink from the refrigerator pauses to put the now-dried dishes away in the cupboards.

He does all the outside work, mowing the lawn, getting rid of the snow, whatnot.

Any construction or repairing chores are done by one of his sons (in the construction business) with him standing by to help as needed.  Any automotive mechanic chores are done by another of his sons (in the gas-station business) with him standing by to help as needed.  He taught his sons how to do all this stuff, back when he was younger and pushing only 375 pounds.

He's getting the impression the gigantic primitive is rather lazy, and could work off some weight doing some real work, rather than laying in bed all the time.

I didn't ask him if his thighs matched, because they look the same size to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »
Okay, okay, I had to dash to town to get something, and on my way I stopped off at the local grain elevator, to chat with the 56-year-old 404-pound guy who shovels grain there five and a half days a week.

He sounds like one of the good guys to me Frank. Yes, better to not ask about his thighs. lol.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »
He sounds like one of the good guys to me Frank. Yes, better to not ask about his thighs. lol.

Yeah, that might be crossing a line.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
Really if I was this heavy I think I'd consider a lap band or something.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »
Really if I was this heavy I think I'd consider a lap band or something.

Cindie

Uh, yeah, but that costs money.  And you don't have money if you don't work.  And if you don't work, because you feel you are too big to work, well then you are SOL I guess. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »
Forgive my utter ignorance--really, people here would be surprised at all that I don't know--but what is a "lap band"?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »
Forgive my utter ignorance--really, people here would be surprised at all that I don't know--but what is a "lap band"?

It is a surgery, for the obese.  Not as invasive as a gastric bypass.  I "believe" they use a band to shut off part of the stomach, so that you don't eat as much, and lose weight. 

I would also like to add that Mr. Big Guy would not be a good candidate for the bypass, because he would have to give up his love of all things starchy.  Potatoes and bread are big no-no's.

Offline bluja000

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 04:29:34 AM »
Hello, my name is Jeanette, most of you know me as the wife of Systematic Chaos, or the Gigantic Primitive, as I've seen him called.

I thought I would introduce myself and respond to some of the posts that I've seen today. I hope that you understand that I'm not angry or anything regarding the posts, I'm just a little too tired of the kind of bashing that you seem to think will help him.

Recent quotes appear to require some response. Such as:
He's lying about what and how much he's eating.  Plain and simple.  Ever looked to see just how many calories you have to take in to maintain 400 + lbs.?  Even with no physical activity you have to take in a BUNCH of calories to keep that weight on.

KC

It's kinda hard for Kirk to lie about what he's eating, since I prepare all the food in the house, other than what Joe, our roommate (and my supposed lover), cooks for himself. If anything, I've been the one that eats more than he does, because I do sometimes buy something for myself that I don't bring into the house, because it's not plan legal. I don't use oil for my cooking, except on the rare occasion that I use a spray oil, a very thin layer, to keep something from sticking to a pan. Usually, I tend to just make some oil free stir fried rice with veggies, fresh or frozen. I'll also make alot of mashed or boiled potatoes, and lots of pasta. Actually, the worse thing that I might do is go ahead and buy some ready made tofu or other meat substitute hamburgers, it's basically a treat food for us, and not something I buy all the time. Once in a while, we may order out and get chinese or pizza, but it's not done frequently, and is definitely less often than it used to be. I'm not sure what the deal is with the calorie intake, because I seriously doubt he's eating more than the projected 2000 calories, but he has been uninsured for almost a year, so he may indeed be experiencing a medical condition that prevents him from losing the weight.

I understand that it's hard for everyone to believe that he's making an effort to lose weight, when you believe that he's 'obviously' lying about what he's eating, or how much, or whatever. Well, if he's managing to hide food from me, then I wonder where he's getting the money. He's always joking about whoring himself out for money, but I tend to think that one of our cats (Taz, a beautiful calico with squirrel tail) would succeed better. She always was trying to whore herself out to the two male cats we have, without success. Honestly tho, if he's getting money to buy himself food, then he'd have to share the cheetos, since those are my favorite snacks of all time, and he knows it. I tend to think that I would see the yellow marks on the keyboard and elsewhere, which was listed in a recent post.

It will never happen. To get to the point of simple obesity, he needs to lose 200 pounds. A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so he needs to generate a deficit between his diet and the calories burned in exercise of 700,000 calories. He calls 13 minutes on the recumbent bike a workout. At the resistance level he likely runs, he burns no more than 5 calories a minute unless he's pedalling like a bat out of hell. So his workout was less than 100 calories. And then he celebrates with a stockpot full of tomatoes and potatoes. And he isn't counting the bags of Cheetos he scarfs down during his all-day computger game sessions. The blimp will fall over dead with orange fingers on his controller.

As far as the level of tension used when cycling, I've asked him to use a lower tension before, because I wanted him to go for a longer period of time at a lower tension, build his stamina, but he's stubborn and insists on using a higher level of tension than I would prefer. I don't say anything tho, because he's happier with the higher tension, feeling that he's accomplishing more that way. And he may indeed be doing so, but my opinion is that he would be doing better with a lower tension to allow for longer overall workouts. I can't determine which is better tho, because I'm horrible at excercise, always have been, guess I always will be.

A few other quotes to comment to:

I wonder if Jeanette shops at one of those dent & scratch stores? hhmmm

God, I wish, it'd be nice to save some money if there was such a place here, but I don't know where it would be. Besides, then there would be the health risks to consider, what if the can(s) are compromised? That would just potentially cause me more problems, with his current health issues aggravated by botulism or some other bacteria.

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540&sid=b8d12979368652c6bfabb41ce45e1af3

Oh my.

The gigantic primitive:

Question.  One can only speculate, but why does one suppose the gigantic primitive wraps up his legs like they're in casts for broken bones?

He wears special wrappings called tubigrips, a light compression tube sock, comes in a box in a long tube that you cut to fit whatever limb you are wrapping. He needs one leg to be wrapped 2-3 times a week in fresh wrappings, to prevent open ulcers on his leg and webbing of his big and second toe from getting bigger. The tubigrip allows light compression and keeps the underlying bandaging from moving, allowing the ulcers to eventually close, which has already happened with open ulcers that were on the other leg. I still keep the other leg tubigripped as well, just to make sure he doesn't have a relapse, due to poor circulation and bad blood vessel valves. His condition has dramatically improved over the past few months, compared to the way they were over the previous few YEARS. By the way, if you know anyone who has exterior ulcers, I highly recommend using high quality cocoanut oil, it's made me a firm believer in the healing qualities of the oil.

Yeah, I too was surprised at that.

Put long pants and shoes on him, and he's presentable for job interviews.

Altho I know you may not believe it, I feel this to be a compliment. Kirk is a very handsome gentleman, and I'm glad to see that someone else can see that as well. I have loved him from the beginning, and it's really saddened me that so many think that I'm some downtrodden, lonely, umm, frustrated? woman, who has to hide a relationship with a roommate in order to be happy. Honestly, if I wasn't happy with Kirk, and didn't find him to be attractive and sweet, I would have no problems with leaving him and moving out to be an independant woman with our four sweet cats. I was living by myself without seeking a husband when I met him, and I don't have a problem with the idea of being independant again, except for the fact that I truly do love and care for this guy. I did, after all, agree to love and cherish him, in sickness and health, for the rest of my life, and I plan on sticking with that vow forever. Our roommate, Joe, well, he's gay, a vietnam vet, and was married to a woman before he finally gave in and admitted he couldn't be with a woman and be happy. He's also far too old for me, and definitely not my type. I hope you understand, it's just never been something that's I've thought of, honestly.

Notice what is in the lower right corner...looks like a salsa jar and a relish bottle.
Since I doubt this thing was set up in the kitchen one suspects that food is never far away from him.

I had to look at the picture you were referring to, and remembered that we had just finished eating some burritos with rice, corn tortillas, and, for him, some salsa. I don't care for the salsa, and had bought him a new kind for him to try out, as a treat. You can also see the cough syrup and a jalapeno sauce bottle, which was also part of dinner (and yes, the cough syrup was part of his dinner too, bleh). We just hadn't put them in the fridge yet, he was so determined to get on the bike after we had cleared the floor around it.

For myself, I'm not political, and I don't believe I will ever be outspoken about politics, but Kirk has a very strong view on politics. Please understand that your method of 'encouraging' and 'supporting' him isn't going to work, it's just feeding a fire. It would help me out quite a bit if you would respect us and assume that he actually is trying to improve himself. Yes, he's not perfect, and neither am I. Neither are you. Don't throw stones, because they can be directed at you as well. Let him express himself on the McDougall forums among his support, and let him find out what he needs to do himself, without mocking him and all he does. Mockery just makes you appear childish, at least in my eyes. It's nice to know that there are some that have made 'positive' comments, but they tend to be kinda backhanded. I appreciate that there's at least some voices out there that have something encouraging to say, it's encouraging to know that not everyone is going to be as discouraging as the majority are. With that note to end on, I hope that people will understand my husband a little bit better, and know that it's not just his side that you are seeing now. Oh, oops, and of course the side that you yourself are displaying.
Increase the peace, reduce the chaos.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 05:31:41 AM »
Please understand Jeanette that people here do truly feel sorry for what you have endured.
It is sad to see even though you feel okay about it.

I wish you the best in life,you are clearly a kind and gracious soul.

Offline bluja000

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »
I appreciate that people aren't going to understand how things are with Kirk and myself, but to assume that I must be unhappy or unsatisfied without knowing me, it's just not there. Yes, times haven't all been hunky dory, and I certainly see where improvements can be made in our lives, but we really and truly are good for each other. I'm happy with him, and I'm glad that I can be there to help him out. Sometimes I wish I were able to take some time for myself, and I know that I have my own medical issues that I need to take care of, but he's in much more serious condition that I have ever been. And I see improvement in his condition, even if you don't. You have to realize, I've been dealing with his medical conditions, seeing how every hospital visit has failed to improve his issues. There's only been one hospital, out of five different hospitals, where his condition actually improved, and he almost choked from a piece of wire that was in his hospital food.

I've seen posts where everyone appears to think that his doctors and related staff were doing what they could to help him, but you have to realize that he had legitimate complaints about his care and treatment. One doctor blatantly admitted to me that they cultured his nose to get the insurance to let him get a private room, because he had a highly infectious bacteria that showed in the culture. What they didn't reveal to the insurance is that the same culture on the entire Las Vegas population would have shown 40-50% would have the same results, because it's benign when in the nose and perfectly normal to find. Kirk didn't want the private room, in fact, the room had a foul odor and the air conditioner didn't work nearly as well as in the original room. And of course, while there, his leg was not treated daily, his wrappings kept coming off and leaving his open ulcers exposed and seeping. He also had some kind of unknown swelling that occurred, and the doctors never did find out what caused the red swelling and massive pain, which started while he was in the hospital.

I give due consideration to the fact that there were many caring people that tried to help him with all of the problems he has had over the past years. His problems initially started, without diabetes to complicate matters, with gout and massive water retention, complicated by severe sleep apnea (condition where he stops breathing due to a small throat muscle blocking his air passageways). He then became diabetic, which complicated matters further. He had a doctor who didn't diagnose or treat his sleep apnea (almost killing him due to a near car accident) until I visited and literally yelled at her to get him tested. That was one 'caring' doctor he had, and we later changed to a different doctor, who was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately, he then developed planar fasciitis, which caused him to lose several months of work while his leg was put in a cast. This was considered the best solution, which didn't take into account the fact that the water retention would cause other problems.

Please keep in mind, this was while he was at a considerably lesser weight. The enforced inactivity started causing him to gain weight, and aggravated underlying problems that he had absolutely no control over. Each problem led to another, which led to more medical issues, and finally steamrolled into the open ulcers covering approximately 40% of his lower leg and three toes, along with approximately 30% of the remainder of his foot also damaged. This was ONE of his legs, the other leg wasn't as severely damaged, but still had approximately 25-35% damage, with small open bubbled spots showing up every so often. A good portion of his legs are permanently scarred, unlikely to ever fully recover, and we've been told that he's unlikely to ever be able to go without compression on his legs, EVER, for the rest of his life, regardless of how well his legs heal.

I also remember seeing someone post about an attempted dinner plan we had recently. We had planned on going to a special restaurant for a birthday/anniversary dinner, one that we haven't been able to have in several years. I originally made the plans by calling the paratransit company, who provides rides for disabled customers for a fee per ride. They will also take a companion, medical personnel are free, and regular people pay a fee as well. We were under the understanding that you could arrange a ride to reach a destination by a specific time, with the expectation that you might be up to 20 minutes late, so you may have to take an earlier ride than you want in order to make sure you get to your destination on time. So, I made a ride for an hour earlier than I felt we needed to be at the restaurant, and made a ride for three hours later, feeling that it would give us 3-4 hours to relax and enjoy our anniversary/birthday dinner. The driver picked us up late, which I had accounted for by making the ride an hour earlier than we needed. But then, we spent 2.5 hours on the bus, watching the driver fail to follow passenger suggestions on how to reach their destinations (their houses), getting closer and closer to the time when we were expected to be available to be picked up from the restaurant. Mind you, the driver was friendly and apologetic, but even the other passengers were having a hard time when he kept passing the exits or turns they were telling him to take so they could get home. He kept telling us that he was going to drop us off after the next passenger, then the next passenger after that one, then finally my husband couldn't wait any longer. We requested to be taken back home, and spoke to the main office the next day. We didn't get penalized for not using our scheduled ride, but found out that non-medical appointments don't get a scheduled drop off, so someone wanting to watch a movie can't expect to get to the movie on time, unless they schedule a ride to reach the theatre 2 hours before the movie starts, since you can be on a bus for more than 1.5 hours before reaching your destination. It wasn't a fun ride, because my husband had taken some medication right before getting on the bus, which shouldn't have been taken on an empty stomach, and it was a night time ride, with nothing to look at outside.

Well, I figure I've posted enough for now, so I'll go ahead and stop for a bit. Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to make excuses, I just want you to understand things a little bit better, so that you can respect what we are going through.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2009, 06:31:06 AM »
Hello, my name is Jeanette, most of you know me as the wife of Systematic Chaos, or the Gigantic Primitive, as I've seen him called.

I thought I would introduce myself and respond to some of the posts that I've seen today. I hope that you understand that I'm not angry or anything regarding the posts, I'm just a little too tired of the kind of bashing that you seem to think will help him.

Recent quotes appear to require some response. Such as:
It's kinda hard for Kirk to lie about what he's eating, since I prepare all the food in the house, other than what Joe, our roommate (and my supposed lover), cooks for himself. If anything, I've been the one that eats more than he does, because I do sometimes buy something for myself that I don't bring into the house, because it's not plan legal. I don't use oil for my cooking, except on the rare occasion that I use a spray oil, a very thin layer, to keep something from sticking to a pan. Usually, I tend to just make some oil free stir fried rice with veggies, fresh or frozen. I'll also make alot of mashed or boiled potatoes, and lots of pasta. Actually, the worse thing that I might do is go ahead and buy some ready made tofu or other meat substitute hamburgers, it's basically a treat food for us, and not something I buy all the time. Once in a while, we may order out and get chinese or pizza, but it's not done frequently, and is definitely less often than it used to be. I'm not sure what the deal is with the calorie intake, because I seriously doubt he's eating more than the projected 2000 calories, but he has been uninsured for almost a year, so he may indeed be experiencing a medical condition that prevents him from losing the weight.

I understand that it's hard for everyone to believe that he's making an effort to lose weight, when you believe that he's 'obviously' lying about what he's eating, or how much, or whatever. Well, if he's managing to hide food from me, then I wonder where he's getting the money. He's always joking about whoring himself out for money, but I tend to think that one of our cats (Taz, a beautiful calico with squirrel tail) would succeed better. She always was trying to whore herself out to the two male cats we have, without success. Honestly tho, if he's getting money to buy himself food, then he'd have to share the cheetos, since those are my favorite snacks of all time, and he knows it. I tend to think that I would see the yellow marks on the keyboard and elsewhere, which was listed in a recent post.

As far as the level of tension used when cycling, I've asked him to use a lower tension before, because I wanted him to go for a longer period of time at a lower tension, build his stamina, but he's stubborn and insists on using a higher level of tension than I would prefer. I don't say anything tho, because he's happier with the higher tension, feeling that he's accomplishing more that way. And he may indeed be doing so, but my opinion is that he would be doing better with a lower tension to allow for longer overall workouts. I can't determine which is better tho, because I'm horrible at excercise, always have been, guess I always will be.

A few other quotes to comment to:

God, I wish, it'd be nice to save some money if there was such a place here, but I don't know where it would be. Besides, then there would be the health risks to consider, what if the can(s) are compromised? That would just potentially cause me more problems, with his current health issues aggravated by botulism or some other bacteria.

He wears special wrappings called tubigrips, a light compression tube sock, comes in a box in a long tube that you cut to fit whatever limb you are wrapping. He needs one leg to be wrapped 2-3 times a week in fresh wrappings, to prevent open ulcers on his leg and webbing of his big and second toe from getting bigger. The tubigrip allows light compression and keeps the underlying bandaging from moving, allowing the ulcers to eventually close, which has already happened with open ulcers that were on the other leg. I still keep the other leg tubigripped as well, just to make sure he doesn't have a relapse, due to poor circulation and bad blood vessel valves. His condition has dramatically improved over the past few months, compared to the way they were over the previous few YEARS. By the way, if you know anyone who has exterior ulcers, I highly recommend using high quality cocoanut oil, it's made me a firm believer in the healing qualities of the oil.

Altho I know you may not believe it, I feel this to be a compliment. Kirk is a very handsome gentleman, and I'm glad to see that someone else can see that as well. I have loved him from the beginning, and it's really saddened me that so many think that I'm some downtrodden, lonely, umm, frustrated? woman, who has to hide a relationship with a roommate in order to be happy. Honestly, if I wasn't happy with Kirk, and didn't find him to be attractive and sweet, I would have no problems with leaving him and moving out to be an independant woman with our four sweet cats. I was living by myself without seeking a husband when I met him, and I don't have a problem with the idea of being independant again, except for the fact that I truly do love and care for this guy. I did, after all, agree to love and cherish him, in sickness and health, for the rest of my life, and I plan on sticking with that vow forever. Our roommate, Joe, well, he's gay, a vietnam vet, and was married to a woman before he finally gave in and admitted he couldn't be with a woman and be happy. He's also far too old for me, and definitely not my type. I hope you understand, it's just never been something that's I've thought of, honestly.

I had to look at the picture you were referring to, and remembered that we had just finished eating some burritos with rice, corn tortillas, and, for him, some salsa. I don't care for the salsa, and had bought him a new kind for him to try out, as a treat. You can also see the cough syrup and a jalapeno sauce bottle, which was also part of dinner (and yes, the cough syrup was part of his dinner too, bleh). We just hadn't put them in the fridge yet, he was so determined to get on the bike after we had cleared the floor around it.

For myself, I'm not political, and I don't believe I will ever be outspoken about politics, but Kirk has a very strong view on politics. Please understand that your method of 'encouraging' and 'supporting' him isn't going to work, it's just feeding a fire. It would help me out quite a bit if you would respect us and assume that he actually is trying to improve himself. Yes, he's not perfect, and neither am I. Neither are you. Don't throw stones, because they can be directed at you as well. Let him express himself on the McDougall forums among his support, and let him find out what he needs to do himself, without mocking him and all he does. Mockery just makes you appear childish, at least in my eyes. It's nice to know that there are some that have made 'positive' comments, but they tend to be kinda backhanded. I appreciate that there's at least some voices out there that have something encouraging to say, it's encouraging to know that not everyone is going to be as discouraging as the majority are. With that note to end on, I hope that people will understand my husband a little bit better, and know that it's not just his side that you are seeing now. Oh, oops, and of course the side that you yourself are displaying.
Way way way too many simple carbs for his activity level. Need to get more protein in there i think! Also sounds like Kirk is a diabetic! Sounds like Kirk is insulin resistant. I really think you should get away from that diet and go with  a higher protein diet along with getting rid of all the simple carbs and choosing complex ones. 2000 calories is still too much for him...considering he doesn't work and doesn't exercise nearly enough for long enough.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2009, 07:28:21 AM »
I give due consideration to the fact that there were many caring people that tried to help him with all of the problems he has had over the past years. His problems initially started, without diabetes to complicate matters, with gout and massive water retention, complicated by severe sleep apnea (condition where he stops breathing due to a small throat muscle blocking his air passageways). He then became diabetic, which complicated matters further. He had a doctor who didn't diagnose or treat his sleep apnea (almost killing him due to a near car accident) until I visited and literally yelled at her to get him tested. That was one 'caring' doctor he had, and we later changed to a different doctor, who was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately, he then developed planar fasciitis, which caused him to lose several months of work while his leg was put in a cast. This was considered the best solution, which didn't take into account the fact that the water retention would cause other problems.
Every last one of these problems is caused by Kirk being extremely over weight! I stand by my advice in my last post. Get off of that diet!!!! One more thing. That 3-2-1 dressing? Get him off of that! Alot of sugar he doesn't need! Stick to an oil based vinaigrette. Less carbs and sugar!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:25:39 AM by Toastedturningtidelegs »
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »
Keep telling yourself he's really trying Jeanette. We've been following his effort for some time now. Number one way to lose weight is cut down calories, period. It does not seem that is what is happening. Sure he cuts down on the type of food he intakes but not the quantity. One can gain loads of weight just by shoveling potatoes in by the truck load. Cut down to a baked potato a day, and watch the lbs melt away!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2009, 09:28:37 AM »
Well, I figure I've posted enough for now, so I'll go ahead and stop for a bit. Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to make excuses, I just want you to understand things a little bit better, so that you can respect what we are going through.

Hello and good wishes, madam.

You're welcome to post here as much as is convenient or as much as you wish; the only rules we have here are that (a) one can't reveal real-life details (real name, real address, those sorts of things) of other members here, and it's not kosher to bash the military; other than that, we're laid back and mellow.

Oh Hell, we even had a lot of George Bush and John McCain bashing here, despite that George Bush was the most honest, most principled, president in my own lifetime, and John McCain would've made a better president than the current occupant of the White House.

So it's not like we're all of a single monolithic mind-set, and devour people who disagree with us.

Unlike another place one can mention.

When your husband won the coveted #08 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009, it was carefully and honestly pointed out that he got the award not because of his physical shape, but because of his attitude about things.

There are members here who are overweight, and members here who have had to deal with overweight loved ones, and so the mere fact of fatness is something about which most of us are very sensitive, and kind.

So it's the pissy attitude of your husband, and not his bulk; if what he writes is an indication of his true feelings, he blames everything on external forces, rather than on himself.

If he keeps that up, it is highly unlikely he is going to succeed--and of course we all wish him to succeed--and even less likely that he's ever going to be content.

He's got to concentrate on those things he can change, and ignore those things fixed in stone.  He can't change his past, he can't change his late mother of blessed memory, he can't change that George Bush was once president.

He can however change himself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »
Why do I have a feeling that the posts by "Jeanette" is just a Systematic Chaos sock puppet. :uhsure:

She doesn't have that much free time during the day.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2009, 09:44:17 AM »
Why do I have a feeling that the posts by "Jeanette" is just a Systematic Chaos sock puppet. :uhsure:

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »

You could be right. Most likely you are correct. It's just a feeling I have.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »

Although there is no info that could not be gleaned from the posts here and elsewhere, the thoughtfulness of her posts sure seem to be inline with how I would Imagine an individual to be in this situation. I agree Coach, benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
It is absolutely, 100%, without doubt, certain, that these posts are not from the household slave of the quivering mound of lard. No way. To suggest that a woman who is capable of clearly and grammatically telling a story like this would allow herself to be held in the type of obscene servitude that Jeanette endures is absurd. Far more likely that the real Jeanette is a semi-literate, desperate woman, whose mental illness is as severe as that of the leviathan himself. These posts may well be from the blubber blob. His style is as easy to recognize as his monstrous physique. I'm shocked if anyone is actually duped.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
It is absolutely, 100%, without doubt, certain, that these posts are not from the household slave of the quivering mound of lard. No way. To suggest that a woman who is capable of clearly and grammatically telling a story like this would allow herself to be held in the type of obscene servitude that Jeanette endures is absurd. Far more likely that the real Jeanette is a semi-literate, desperate woman, whose mental illness is as severe as that of the leviathan himself. These posts may well be from the blubber blob. His style is as easy to recognize as his monstrous physique. I'm shocked if anyone is actually duped.

The reason I mentioned sock puppet is because lardass hides the fact that he is on the computer all day. Why would he show her something about himself from another site where he admits to playing games while she is at work. If she had half a brain, she would question his activities all day. Lardass is not going to jeopardize that.

I say again. It's not her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2009, 12:41:02 PM »
I'm starting now to suspect the same thing, GOBUCKS and Tucker.

But it's always a good idea to give one at least ten minutes' of the benefit of the doubt.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bluja000

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »

Hello, and this is part of the reason I started posting last night. It's a shame that people want to assume the worst, when someone decides to try responding to comments and ideas posted in the forums. Simply because I start posting doesn't mean that I'm not who I say I am. Admittedly, posting on a public forum isn't a way for you to really see 'who' I am and everything, and I was perfectly willing to post a video to let you actually see and hear me in actuality, but I've never posted a video before. I'll have to research that and make sure to do it soon, but I decided to write and not wait, because the comments I was seeing needed some kind of response.

Btw, off topic here, but one of my cats just absolutely loved the little running dinosaur animation on the page, she tried so hard to eat the poor little critter. And yes, I absolutely adore my cats, I post about them and give little stories quite frequently, when I post. Don't be surprised.

Now, I understand that everyone has their ideas about dieting and what constitutes the 'healthiest' diets, and not every diet is suited to an individual. However, the diet that we are on appears to be quite healthy. based upon my own research. His 3-2-1 dressing is actually 2.5 cups vinegar, whatever sounds good that we have available when I make it, 2 cups dijon mustard, and 1 cup, or less, of honey. The only dairy products we have in the house are what Joe uses, and as far as oil goes, we have oil in some things that are pre-made convenience foods, but I don't use any other oil except maybe spray a light coating of spray oil to prevent massive sticking when cooking stir-fry or something. It really does seem to be working, in terms of feeling better, compared to our old diet.

Oh, wow, I don't know how I misunderstood what I was quoting, and must have completely disillusioned myself when I was originally quoting a post. For whatever reason, I thought the original post said something else, but I just re-read the post by Gobucks, and realized that I completely missed what they posted originally. Perhaps I was looking at an earlier post, or was reading just the secondary posting, I can't remember because I ended up getting distracted by my cats. However, to think that someone is going to believe that I'm not intelligent enough (or literate enough) to post on my own behalf, oh, and that I'm a slave to a quivering mound of lard? It's truly a shame that someone can't provide any information to educate and inform without automatically being called a sock puppet (now I remember, that's what I was originally responding to, sock puppet), with apparently no mind of my own? Come on, you can make fun of my own bad habits and love for my cats, I don't have a problem with that, but let me at least be an independant person with my own opinions and voice. Just go with the idea that my main ambition is to become the 'cat lady' of my neighborhood, and you wouldn't be far off, altho my husband is the one to bring in the two female cats, I just brought in the two males, so it's not just me who increased our household. I'm going to have to learn how to post a video, I guess, because it sounds like some people are never going to believe that I can actually have an intelligent voice/opinion. ***Edit*** Ok, now I understand what happened. I was indeed quoting what I thought I was, but didn't realize at first that additional posts were made after I started this post. I didn't realize that it would show up under mine, where I could see it while typing. I'm referring to the following quote:

For the moment, I can't continue, because I'm getting yelled at by Calys, my original male cat, for not petting him enough while he's here at the table. I went ahead and took a sick day off today, because I'm not feeling great, so he's taking full advantage and telling me just how neglected he is. Oh yeah, all of the cats are completely neglected, they cluster around me almost the entire time I'm home. Calys gets me when I'm in bed, Marmie clamps onto me before I leave for work, and is the first one to be picked up when I get home, and Taz, well, bathrooms are her spot. Only Shakey leaves me alone, just beating his head against the wall at 5am in pursuit of the last brain cell he owns.

I'm rather saddened that I'm simply considered an extension of my husband, and couldn't possibly be my own person, but that's ok. Perhaps it will become clear that I can actually voice my own thoughts and opinions without being belittled as if we were in kindergarten. Gobucks, I really do hope that you realize that it's my choice as to whether I am with the so-called 'quivering mound of lard'. He's been my companion for years, and I've definitely not felt like I was a slave to anyone. It's my choice as to whether I work, since his disability is actually technically enough for us to live off of. It wouldn't leave us with much, but I really could quit working and dedicate all my time and effort to him. Instead, I do work, and yes, it would be nice to get more help from Joe and Kirk with the housework, but I'm not going to consider myself a slave simply because I have to do the same as many other women do, balance work and family and household.

Another post that I now have to respond to:
The reason I mentioned sock puppet is because lardass hides the fact that he is on the computer all day. Why would he show her something about himself from another site where he admits to playing games while she is at work. If she had half a brain, she would question his activities all day. Lardass is not going to jeopardize that.

I say again. It's not her.

Sorry, but I know what he does, and have no problems with him posting, or gaming online or on our gaming consoles. In fact, his 'job' is to play the online game and do the tedious work on there, so that I can get on and simply play and enjoy the fun parts of the game. He makes the money on the game, so that I can spend it buying what I want to make my characters fun to play, without having to work on the background work that makes it possible for me to go out and enjoy myself.

Anyway, enough said, I'm sure I'll find out more about how I couldn't possibly be the person I am, simply because I actually love and stand by my husband.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2009, 12:58:30 PM »
Hello, and this is part of the reason I started posting last night. It's a shame that people want to assume the worst, when someone decides to try responding to comments and ideas posted in the forums. Simply because I start posting doesn't mean that I'm not who I say I am. Admittedly, posting on a public forum isn't a way for you to really see 'who' I am and everything, and I was perfectly willing to post a video to let you actually see and hear me in actuality, but I've never posted a video before. I'll have to research that and make sure to do it soon, but I decided to write and not wait, because the comments I was seeing needed some kind of response.

Btw, off topic here, but one of my cats just absolutely loved the little running dinosaur animation on the page, she tried so hard to eat the poor little critter. And yes, I absolutely adore my cats, I post about them and give little stories quite frequently, when I post. Don't be surprised.

Now, I understand that everyone has their ideas about dieting and what constitutes the 'healthiest' diets, and not every diet is suited to an individual. However, the diet that we are on appears to be quite healthy. based upon my own research. His 3-2-1 dressing is actually 2.5 cups vinegar, whatever sounds good that we have available when I make it, 2 cups dijon mustard, and 1 cup, or less, of honey. The only dairy products we have in the house are what Joe uses, and as far as oil goes, we have oil in some things that are pre-made convenience foods, but I don't use any other oil except maybe spray a light coating of spray oil to prevent massive sticking when cooking stir-fry or something. It really does seem to be working, in terms of feeling better, compared to our old diet.

Oh, wow, I don't know how I misunderstood what I was quoting, and must have completely disillusioned myself when I was originally quoting a post. For whatever reason, I thought the original post said something else, but I just re-read the post by Gobucks, and realized that I completely missed what they posted originally. Perhaps I was looking at an earlier post, or was reading just the secondary posting, I can't remember because I ended up getting distracted by my cats. However, to think that someone is going to believe that I'm not intelligent enough (or literate enough) to post on my own behalf, oh, and that I'm a slave to a quivering mound of lard? It's truly a shame that someone can't provide any information to educate and inform without automatically being called a sock puppet (now I remember, that's what I was originally responding to, sock puppet), with apparently no mind of my own? Come on, you can make fun of my own bad habits and love for my cats, I don't have a problem with that, but let me at least be an independant person with my own opinions and voice. Just go with the idea that my main ambition is to become the 'cat lady' of my neighborhood, and you wouldn't be far off, altho my husband is the one to bring in the two female cats, I just brought in the two males, so it's not just me who increased our household. I'm going to have to learn how to post a video, I guess, because it sounds like some people are never going to believe that I can actually have an intelligent voice/opinion. ***Edit*** Ok, now I understand what happened. I was indeed quoting what I thought I was, but didn't realize at first that additional posts were made after I started this post. I didn't realize that it would show up under mine, where I could see it while typing. I'm referring to the following quote:
For the moment, I can't continue, because I'm getting yelled at by Calys, my original male cat, for not petting him enough while he's here at the table. I went ahead and took a sick day off today, because I'm not feeling great, so he's taking full advantage and telling me just how neglected he is. Oh yeah, all of the cats are completely neglected, they cluster around me almost the entire time I'm home. Calys gets me when I'm in bed, Marmie clamps onto me before I leave for work, and is the first one to be picked up when I get home, and Taz, well, bathrooms are her spot. Only Shakey leaves me alone, just beating his head against the wall at 5am in pursuit of the last brain cell he owns.

I'm rather saddened that I'm simply considered an extension of my husband, and couldn't possibly be my own person, but that's ok. Perhaps it will become clear that I can actually voice my own thoughts and opinions without being belittled as if we were in kindergarten. Gobucks, I really do hope that you realize that it's my choice as to whether I am with the so-called 'quivering mound of lard'. He's been my companion for years, and I've definitely not felt like I was a slave to anyone. It's my choice as to whether I work, since his disability is actually technically enough for us to live off of. It wouldn't leave us with much, but I really could quit working and dedicate all my time and effort to him. Instead, I do work, and yes, it would be nice to get more help from Joe and Kirk with the housework, but I'm not going to consider myself a slave simply because I have to do the same as many other women do, balance work and family and household.

Another post that I now have to respond to:
Sorry, but I know what he does, and have no problems with him posting, or gaming online or on our gaming consoles. In fact, his 'job' is to play the online game and do the tedious work on there, so that I can get on and simply play and enjoy the fun parts of the game. He makes the money on the game, so that I can spend it buying what I want to make my characters fun to play, without having to work on the background work that makes it possible for me to go out and enjoy myself.

Anyway, enough said, I'm sure I'll find out more about how I couldn't possibly be the person I am, simply because I actually love and stand by my husband.

Some of us are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  I am, simply because if you were actually your husband, your posts would have been spewing hatred and profanity towards the people here.