Author Topic: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)  (Read 9866 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
Do either of "you" have a job?

Badcat has been missing class!

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
Texacon has a good point. That is a lot of food. Its not much different from the way I eat sometimes though.

Of course Kirk has 130+ pounds on me.

Kirks' biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to have the right attitude. His journals always seem to blame other people and things for his problem.

Kirk, just say it, "I did this to myself. I can undo it". Once you really believe that, you are going to make some real progress.

I would think Jeanette would have been motivation enough.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
Jeanette, I beg of you.  Please drastically reduce this amount of pasta, potatoes, and brown rice.  I know it's cheap, but it's just going to sit on him, vegetarian or not.  Please add in tuna, baked chicken breast, even lean beef.  It's a much more satisfying meal and the protein is so much better for him.  Those simple carbs wreck havoc on a diabetic.  I have blood sugar issues myself and cannot eat a bagel without feeling "weird." 

Take a chicken breast, cut it into bite size pieces.  Sautee in your no-stick spray.  Add in your tomato sauce and let simmer.  Now, serve that over half the pasta Kirk used to get.  Sprinkle on some parmesan, serve a side salad.  Dinner can be delicious again, and that's good for the soul. 

(I know what I'm talking about, I removed 50 lbs. off my husband cooking this way). 
Yes! Absolutely! He also needs to stop with the 2 footlong subs a day! That is two loaves of bread for christ sake! Like i said before way too many carbs for a guy with his activity level! I'd cut his carbs down to about 30grams a day up the lean protein and i don't care how bad the water tastes he should be pushing about a half a gallon through his system a day.Do that and the weight will literally fall off in big chunks!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline bluja000

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
The other stuff would be things like .... drinking 2 liters of soda in a day.  I'm sure there are other things in there as well.  It adds up. 

I think you are going to find he is eating too much.  Sorry to be so blunt but it is what it is.  I really, REALLY wish y'all well.  My wife has been on her journey for 2 years so I know how it goes.  It is NOT easy.  Good Luck!

KC

2 liters of no calorie diet soda? Sorry, but with zero calories, you will have to come up with the other 3,000+ calories elsewhere. Yes, there may be additional factors with the diet soda, but please don't try saying that he's drinking enough to make up that 3,000 calorie deficit. Even if the soda had calories, it would be less than 10 calories for each 2 liter... And as for the toppings, sorry, but 2 cups of lettuce, a whole tomato, half cup of onion, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and mustard each, a quarter cup each of banana peppers and jalapenos, and one loaf of bread, for each sub? How is that going to come to 4,000 calories, when that's all he's eating, and his drinks are no calorie diet tea, now that we don't even have any diet soda for him to drink.
Increase the peace, reduce the chaos.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2009, 06:21:49 PM »
2 liters of no calorie diet soda? Sorry, but with zero calories, you will have to come up with the other 3,000+ calories elsewhere. Yes, there may be additional factors with the diet soda, but please don't try saying that he's drinking enough to make up that 3,000 calorie deficit. Even if the soda had calories, it would be less than 10 calories for each 2 liter... And as for the toppings, sorry, but 2 cups of lettuce, a whole tomato, half cup of onion, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and mustard each, a quarter cup each of banana peppers and jalapenos, and one loaf of bread, for each sub? How is that going to come to 4,000 calories, when that's all he's eating, and his drinks are no calorie diet tea, now that we don't even have any diet soda for him to drink.
Diet soda has alot of sodium in it which will cause him to retain water! The point is for the amount he is eating he isn't moving to burn it!

Offline bluja000

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »
Yes! Absolutely! He also needs to stop with the 2 footlong subs a day! That is two loaves of bread for christ sake! Like i said before way too many carbs for a guy with his activity level! I'd cut his carbs down to about 30grams a day up the lean protein and i don't care how bad the water tastes he should be pushing about a half a gallon through his system a day.Do that and the weight will literally fall off in big chunks!

I'm sorry, did I say that he was eating this everyday? I don't know where it's coming from, because it would sure be nice if he did eat a sub or two a day, like Jared, it would mean less cooking and prep-work for me. But, as I said before, this is not something we have daily, it's a treat to have a sub instead of eating the rice, pasta, potato and other sundry items daily. He gets about 4 cups of rice/pasta/potatoes, with the sauce (another 2-4 cups), since I've made this tasty sauce. That's per DAY, not per meal. And as I've also said, nobody is going to agree on the perfect diet, diets are going to vary by person, and what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. He's on a vegan diet, which means no meat, dairy, and other animal products. It does still incorporate protein and provides what he needs, his health is improving. Believe me, the ulcers are going down, his actual main problem is related to shoulder pain more than anything, other than the weight issue.

Anyway, off to get the subs, please tell me again, Where are the 4,000 calories? Oh, and I messed up on some calculations. I said that the bags of salad were a lb each, turns out they are 6.5 oz each, so he's getting a just over 13 oz of salad with those 2 bags. ***Edit*** And before someone says that Jared eats a 6 inch sub, he actually ate a footlong veggie, 6 inch turkey, and a bag of baked chips, to achieve his weight loss. Kirk is skipping the chips, and turkey, instead adding a second veggie footlong. So he's probably eating about what Jared ate. And Jared started at a slightly lower weight, with the ability to do some moderate excercise (walking), which Kirk isn't able to do. Kirk is using the bike, however, so maybe that will be close enough. Only thing is, he's not doing the sub everyday, so can't really compare... Verify this on wikipedia if you want.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:28:34 PM by bluja000 »
Increase the peace, reduce the chaos.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
I'm sorry, did I say that he was eating this everyday? I don't know where it's coming from, because it would sure be nice if he did eat a sub or two a day, like Jared, it would mean less cooking and prep-work for me. But, as I said before, this is not something we have daily, it's a treat to have a sub instead of eating the rice, pasta, potato and other sundry items daily. He gets about 4 cups of rice/pasta/potatoes, with the sauce (another 2-4 cups), since I've made this tasty sauce. That's per DAY, not per meal. And as I've also said, nobody is going to agree on the perfect diet, diets are going to vary by person, and what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. He's on a vegan diet, which means no meat, dairy, and other animal products. It does still incorporate protein and provides what he needs, his health is improving. Believe me, the ulcers are going down, his actual main problem is related to shoulder pain more than anything, other than the weight issue.

Anyway, off to get the subs, please tell me again, Where are the 4,000 calories? Oh, and I messed up on some calculations. I said that the bags of salad were a lb each, turns out they are 6.5 oz each, so he's getting a just over 13 oz of salad with those 2 bags.
Again...He is eating too many carbohydrates!!!!!!! The man doesn't have the activity level to burn it!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »
Jeanette.  I think you are answering your own question and don't want to know the answer.  Indeed .... where are the calories coming from?  You THINK you know what your man is eating.

My wife is going to set up an account here just to answer some of your questions because your answers have frustrated her to no end.

Do your own research and I think you will find that the fat has to have fuel.  How much fuel?  Where is it coming from?  Let's be realistic for just a minute ...... If Kirk were to stop eating completely do you think he would gain weight?  If not ... why?  If he were to lose weight then at what point would his caloric intake allow him to lose or gain weight?  Those are important questions.

My wife may be able to help you.  She is in a unique situation to answer some questions because 1.)  She has lost around 70 #'s and maintained over the last 2 years and 2.)  She works with those who are addicted.  Kirk has an addiction and addicts have tendencies to lie and hide their addictions.  Those are stone cold facts. 

Would Kirk be willing to video what he ate 24/7?  I mean really catalog what he is eating?  I have seen shows where they have done this and 100% of the people doing the honest thing lost weight.  Not 99.9% but 100%.  Wonder why that is?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
Jeanette, you say that Kirk's diet is all vegan, so no meat or dairy.  Thus, my suggestion is rejected.  That's fine, but I don't see where he's getting the protein from.  Vegans know that certain plant foods must be combined precisely to get a perfect protein (beans and corn for example).  It's not easy to do, and it doesn't come from eating bowls of pasta.

The kinds of carbo eating you and Kirk describe are what marathon runners do the day before a race to "carbo-load."  It is not for the sedentary, recumbent bike or not. 

This gulag-type diet is going to eventually result in Kirk being like Scarlett O'Hara, digging in the dirt, crying "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!"  And then he won't be.  This diet is soul-crushing.  Look at the numbers chart he's published.  It's not working.  It's more plateau than anything else. 

Why not go to the library and check out some cookbooks that feature low fat, yet satisfying and attractive recipes?  Start with "Moosewood" which is an Inn in Vermont, I think, which specializes in vegetarian dishes which are delicious enough to be marketable.  Also Martin Katahn's "Low Fat Good Food Cookbook."  Those are the books I read to remove 50 lbs. from my husband. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »
One thing that I do think too is that some sort of slip on footwear that can be put on easily needs to be looked into.
Kirk is a diabetic with lower leg ulceration which is a nasty side affect.
It sounds like a large portion of the day is spent sitting which will compound the circulation problems diabetics have.
I really think somehow he needs to get walking around a lot more even though the bike is a good start.

I don`t mean it to sound critical Jeanette but I notice that the word can`t has slipped into the scheme of things,even in your writing.
That needs to be a seldom used word to get anywhere.

We may all disagree strongly on politics but we also all would like to see Kirk get control of his life and be able to be productive.
It would make your time together so much happier just being able to go outside and take a walk together not just helping remove some of the burdens that have been on you.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »
You guys don't actually think that this "her" is not the obese "he"?

C'mon, what are the odds that fat asses wife is as bloviant online as he is?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »
You guys don't actually think that this "her" is not the obese "he"?

C'mon, what are the odds that fat asses wife is as bloviant online as he is?

Not very good odds, but for the while I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Remember, primitives trip themselves up, all by themselves with no help from anybody else, sooner or later.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
Not very good odds, but for the while I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Remember, primitives trip themselves up, all by themselves with no help from anybody else, sooner or later.

You can google the screen name and it does equate to the family although not assured it is her.

On edit...

I should have added that even if it was "him" so be it.
He will find more true support here then at the DUmp.
Folks really want him to succeed if he wants to,not just feel good for trying or saying you are.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:02:24 AM by Carl »

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
You can google the screen name and it does equate to the family although not assured it is her.

Regardless of whether it is he or she, it is one of them.  And one of them is reading the advice you guys are putting out there.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:15:57 PM by IassaFTots »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2009, 11:41:15 AM »
Regardless of whether it is he or she, it is one of them.  And one of them is reading the advise you guys are putting out there. 

I don't nitpick about spelling, but I think that's 'advice'. An ad-vise sounds like you are being held down and forced to watch commercial television.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
I don't nitpick about spelling, but I think that's 'advice'. An ad-vise sounds like you are being held down and forced to watch commercial television.

DANG!  Appreciate the heads up.  Don't know how that happened. :thatsright:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »
DANG!  Appreciate the heads up.  Don't know how that happened. :thatsright:

It does not really bother me, I just thought ad-vise sounded funny.