Author Topic: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)  (Read 9871 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gigantic primitive gets exercycle (new update evening of 12-21)
« on: December 19, 2009, 07:40:58 AM »
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540&sid=b8d12979368652c6bfabb41ce45e1af3

Oh my.

The gigantic primitive:

Ege Bamyasi
December 18, 2009

bunsofaluminum, thanks for stopping in and saying hello. The Mucinex is helping, sorta, but this is turning into one of those things like I used to have a lot in my teens and 20s, where a cough would set in and not go away for months. I'm going to just have to try my best to live my life around it, I suppose. I have no option for seeing a doctor, and most of the time I'm not prescribed antibiotics for these as they're not bacterial in nature. The best I could hope for would be a bottle of Robitussin with codeine, and as I've stated already I've had more than enough of narcotic pain medicine.

WeeSpeck, I had no idea you're just now starting on my journal! Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this verbosity of mine, though!   I need to post so much at this point that I've wanted to discuss but haven't due to time constraints, or my leave of absence from the forums in November, or now this cough thing which puts me in bed for well over half of each day even though I'd rather be anywhere else. What makes me happy, though, is knowing that so many others can gain inspiration from my battle for renewed health. I'm winning, slowly, but the weight is being bugger-all about coming off even with tighter adherence to MWL, probably because I'm moving so little right now. This coming Sunday I'll post my last few weigh-ins. It's just more of the same gain a few, lose a few, but the important thing here is that if I had a SAD approach to this right now, I'd be gaining weight like crazy, and I'm not. I'm not losing like I want to now, but as I'll post below I now have access to all the exercise I'll ever need as soon as my breathing will allow it.

after which a big photograph of the gigantic primitive playing on his stationary bicycle

Hey, check me out! I finally tried to get on this machine, with Jeanette present to help in case things went wrong, despite having no available footwear. Being down close to 50 lbs. it wasn't hard at all! I went ahead and turned up the tension to a moderate setting and did a slow but steady introductory kilometer (didn't bother setting it to miles instead yet) in about 3 minutes 20 seconds. It felt nice, but as I started to breathe a bit harder the coughing spasms started up again so I had to quit.

I'm going to be getting on the thing as much as I possibly can starting tomorrow when Jeanette goes back to work. I'll probably just do little 5 minute stints at first for now, centering my workouts around how I'm breathing and whether the cough is harassing me or not. Eventually I plan to log some serious time on this thing. I've got more than enough motivational music to pick from, and I love pedaling!

Question.  One can only speculate, but why does one suppose the gigantic primitive wraps up his legs like they're in casts for broken bones?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:33:25 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (update 12-19)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 07:55:29 AM »
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540&sid=b8d12979368652c6bfabb41ce45e1af3

Oh my.

The gigantic primitive:

Question.  One can only speculate, but why does one suppose the gigantic primitive wraps up his legs like they're in casts for broken bones?

So they don't explode when he stands up?  :clueless:

But seriously, he should be wearing some kind of shoes if he's going to ride that bike. But maybe the effort of putting them on for an "introductory kilometer" wasn't worth it.

I will say that he's not as hideous looking as I was expecting.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:05:48 AM »
I will say that he's not as hideous looking as I was expecting.

Yeah, I too was surprised at that.

Put long pants and shoes on him, and he's presentable for job interviews.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
Notice what is in the lower right corner...looks like a salsa jar and a relish bottle.
Since I doubt this thing was set up in the kitchen one suspects that food is never far away from him.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »
Notice what is in the lower right corner...looks like a salsa jar and a relish bottle.
Since I doubt this thing was set up in the kitchen one suspects that food is never far away from him.

Damn, you got good eyes, Carl, sir.

I was paying more attention to the wrappings around the legs, that I didn't even notice the food in the corner.  Within arm's reach, even.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »
The last post on the thing from yesterday...

dawsonpam01        Post subject: Re: Ege Bamyasi and His Journey to Regain His Life
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:28 pm

WAY to go!

your legs look better too. I hope they are!

A quick search brought this..

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14471

Thank you Kirk,

I found you in a round about way through DU but also that site that is hateful as we are both up for "awards" I won't waste time talking about it here, but pm me if you want

I took time Monday to read all of your blog, and my heart went out to you but also wanted to really say you are awesome for sticking with things even when the outlook seems bleak!

:rotf:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »
I think that the legs might be in some sort of special socks for diabetics.  Something that improves the circulation, so as not to deprive the toes of enough blood.

He is rather large.  I also noticed the fan, and that it seemed to be blowing in the direction of the salsa that Carl noted in the pic . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
The last post on the thing from yesterday...

A quick search brought this..

http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14471

:rotf:

GREAT find, Carl!

Damn.

The greenbriar primitive's on to us.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:46:06 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »

Oh my.

The gigantic primitive:

Question.  One can only speculate, but why does one suppose the gigantic primitive wraps up his legs like they're in casts for broken bones?

I think that they're some sort of orthopedic socks to stimulate blood circulation.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »
If he adds in some dumbbells to his workout to work the upper body, he could have a nice little workout routine going. 5 minutes or so on the bike alternated with various other exercises with the dumbbells.  I'm glad he no longer has an excuse to not work out, though it seems like he may be building his cough into an excuse. 

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »
Yes, those are anti-embolism stockings to help prevent blood clots in the leg. Either the valves in his veins are wrecked or he spends so much time laid up in bed he runs the risk of blood pooling and forming thrombi.

I don't know what his problem is with the shoes. You can find comfortable protective diabetic slippers on the net for around 50 bucks, even for large or swollen feet. Conversely, he could just pad the pedals of the exercise machine. He seems to find a lot of excuses not to exercise. I do too, but then I'm not facing the apparent health problems he is.

If you want to exercise, you can do it, and you don't need any expensive equipment.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 09:20:32 AM »
Wow.

The greenbriar primitive's husband is only 5'5" but weighs 270 pounds?

Suppose this is another one of her fantasies?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »
Wow.

She didn`t waste any time telling about her illness and taking a shot at her husband.
Wonder how long before she starts posting about her baubles of wealth.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
Hey Kirk,
If you happen to drop by this thread, just remember we want you to succeed and even be able to find a job and become a contributing taxpaying member of society. You  would deserve the accolades you recieve for that. Even if you are a DUmmie. =o)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
I don't know what his problem is with the shoes. You can find comfortable protective diabetic slippers on the net for around 50 bucks, even for large or swollen feet.
It doesn't look like it in the picture, but he claims to have these enormous paddle feet, like size 14FFFFFF, or something like that.
And he also claims to have these oozing ulcers all over his legs. What a guy.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
Wow.

Without a doubt. Greenbriar's dishonesty is outstripped only by her stupidity, since she forgets that she has shown us pictures of the whole family, except of course, the imaginary alcoholic in the basement. She's even shown us pictures of Holli's prom date, and the bartender she wanted to screw on the cruise ship. Her husband, the allegedly violent, bald, allegedly drunken Mark, has severe faults, after all, he lives with greenbriar, but morbid obesity isn't among them.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 11:54:53 AM »
Yeah, I too was surprised at that.

Put long pants and shoes on him, and he's presentable for job interviews.

There is no doubt he is large and I know that there can be debilitating physical issues either by genetics or poor luck but somehow I don`t see a person that should be bedridden as he claims.
We all know folks that are as large as that and while not healthy to be obese they do get out and do things in a productive society.

I wish Kirk well in shedding ALL his demons but deep down I don`t think he will.

On edit...

Kirk if you do read this at Pams direction know one thing.
Even though we differ politically you could find true support here,it may not be a pat on the back and someone telling you everything is okay but you would find folks that want you to succeed and not wallow in a morass.
Give it some thought.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:57:08 AM by Carl »

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
It doesn't look like it in the picture, but he claims to have these enormous paddle feet, like size 14FFFFFF, or something like that.
And he also claims to have these oozing ulcers all over his legs. What a guy.

Sounds very attractive. *shudder*

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
Sounds very attractive. *shudder*

Even worse, can you even imagine how bad this guy must smell?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »
Amazing.  greenbriar, on death's door, weighs about 95 pounds, is too weak to even TRY to feed herself, talking about a feeding tube because she's in such dire straights but has the strength to chit chat on another forum.

IT'S A MIRACLE !!!!!    :rotf:

She even has enough energy to take a nasty swipe at hubby.  I do believe she's on the road to recovery.

Now she can get one of those y**** spiral hams she's always bragging about.  That'll put some weight on !  Hubby gets v****** only.

The big dood now has someone he can suck sympathy from.  Frankly, not to be mean, I have none for him. He sounds lazy and full of self pity.

I will however, give some advice.  Get yourself some weight loss hypnosis CDs. They work, you don't, give them a try.  They have a money back guarantee if they don't produce results.

Another thing, you need to go OUTSIDE and get yourself some sunshine. Or get yourself in front of a window with sunshine.  15 mins. a day.  It will make you feel better.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
Amazing.  greenbriar, on death's door, weighs about 95 pounds, is too weak to even TRY to feed herself, talking about a feeding tube because she's in such dire straights but has the strength to chit chat on another forum.

IT'S A MIRACLE !!!!!    :rotf:

She even has enough energy to take a nasty swipe at hubby.  I do believe she's on the road to recovery.

Now she can get one of those y**** spiral hams she's always bragging about.  That'll put some weight on !  Hubby gets v****** only.

The big dood now has someone he can suck sympathy from.  Frankly, not to be mean, I have none for him. He sounds lazy and full of self pity.

I will however, give some advice.  Get yourself some weight loss hypnosis CDs. They work, you don't, give them a try.  They have a money back guarantee if they don't produce results.

Another thing, you need to go OUTSIDE and get yourself some sunshine. Or get yourself in front of a window with sunshine.  15 mins. a day.  It will make you feel better.

I think the blimp needs to get together with that DUmmy who was whittling on himself with an X-acto knife to avoid a doctor bill. If blimpo could fix that guy up with a bigger blade, and a garbage can lined with a trash bag, he could get rid of a lot of ugly fat very quickly.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »
I for one am impressed.

Hats off to the manufacturer.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: gigantic primitive gets exercycle (now new update later on 12-19)
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
Another update from the gigantic primitive:

Ege Bamyasi
December 19, 2009

Raven, I plan on logging lots of virtual miles in the coming year. I got my start today, and already that old addiction I have to mass pedaling is reasserting itself.

Barb, Thank you for making your first post in my journal! I hope you'll post again and tell us a bit about yourself. I hope you've been inspired by the many awesome journals on this forum!

bunsofaluminum -- yes I am. Finally! I wish I would have had the gumption to do this last month. It might have really helped with the funk I fell into. But no matter, what counts is that I'm getting into the recumbent thing now.

dawsonpam01, thank you. Yes, my legs are both much less swollen than they used to be, and the wounds on the left leg and foot are continuing to heal far faster than I ever would have thought possible, given that I'm not getting any form of "professional" treatment at this point. I think my new ability to really exercise is going to get me off this weight plateau too.

Well, today I took the plunge and started exercising on the recumbent in earnest. I've already done two stints on it, totaling 13 minutes, today. I have to start out slow because since cracked and bleeding skin in tender areas put the kibosh on my marching-in-place regimen, I've not been doing as much as I've wanted to. Also, I'm still coughing like crazy. Funny thing, though, is that when I'm on the bike and exerting myself I find I'm coughing less! It's worked that way both times so far, and now that I'm here trying to update my own journal and visit everyone else's, I'm struggling not to hack and my cough-induced headache is creeping back. More time in bed for me soon that I'd rather not spend. Yippee.

In other news, Jeanette was out shopping yesterday and she picked up a bunch of cans of diced tomatoes from Trader Joe's, so we can make a huge stockpot of awesome tomato sauce. It's just as good over potatoes or rice as it is over pasta, so Jeanette and I decided there was no point in diverging from our present plan of sticking to a mainly two-starch MWL variant. Sadly, the cans of tomatoes without added salt weren't available in the large size, and the smaller ones would have been very expensive; however, the tomatoes she chose have less than 2,000 mg of salt per large can. Since we don't use salt in our cooking except for Bragg's, which is a low sodium soy sauce variant which we'd never pair up with the sauce anyway, the sodium in the tomatoes isn't such a huge deal.

I will be tracking my exercise over on Letha's McDougall Talk forum, mostly because that board has a font available which lends itself very nicely to setting up an easy-to-read data table. I will probably post weekly summaries here as well, but trying to juggle both forums is rather time consuming.

I'm really, really set on getting under 378 lbs. as soon as possible. That will put me at the lightest weight I've seen since being with Jeanette. I initially wanted to do that this year, but circumstances and bad decisions on my part have made that impossible. It should still be doable by my 41st birthday in March, though, especially with the use of the recumbent!

I hope you've all been having a good day, and a relatively stress free run-up to the Christmas holiday.

A merry Christmas to the gigantic primitive, and go! go! go!

Get that weight down to 378, which makes one even more employable than 400.
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
Sounds like they're going to make a punch bowl of chip dip. Must be movie and nookie night.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
May primitivis gigantus achieve his first goal of 378. :cheersmate: