Author Topic: Frank, are you trolling for lib chicks?  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Frank, are you trolling for lib chicks?
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 07:20:17 PM »
stop trying to bury the truth, Frank...

I don't think that's what he's trying to bury....
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
I think he wants this thread to sink off the first page.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »
I think he wants this thread to sink off the first page.

Read my lips: Not gonna happen.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Karin

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
I need to catch up on this thread. 

DebK, did your daughter have a baby??!!!   (When you get back eventually.  We'll keep the thread going so you find us.) :-)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

DebK, did your daughter have a baby??!!!   (When you get back eventually.  We'll keep the thread going so you find us.) :-)

Yes.....yesterday morn by planned c-section.

Madelyn Kate....7lb.9oz....

Thanks for asking....

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »

Yeah, debk, who's far too young to be a grandmother, is the grandmother of a healthy circa 8 pounds baby infant girl.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »

5'8" and a size 3?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My daughter is a stick at 5'8' (when she is not pregnant - which she will be for the next 9 hours :-) ) and she is not a 3....she is about a 4 or a 6.

I am 5'9" and size 2.  Was size 0 til I hit 40.  When I was pregnant,I looked like a toothpick with a knot in it.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
I am 5'9" and size 2.  Was size 0 til I hit 40.  When I was pregnant,I looked like a toothpick with a knot in it.

That's the way my daughter is...she normally weighs 115-120.

I was 97lb when I got pregnant with her.....weighed in at 176 for delivery. I'm 5'4" on a tall day. I looked like a gigantic beach ball was under by tight maternity top... :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 04:10:04 PM »

That's the way my daughter is...she normally weighs 115-120.

I was 97lb when I got pregnant with her.....weighed in at 176 for delivery. I'm 5'4" on a tall day. I looked like a gigantic beach ball was under by tight maternity top... :(

Whoa.

You gained 79 pounds during pregnancy?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »

You know, I've noticed women don't get pregnant like they used to.

Nowadays some women are 8, 9, months along and one doesn't even notice it.

When I was a little lad, I used to notice that women 2, 3, months along had already acquired a front shelf onto which one could park a portable television set.

One wonders what's up with that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
Whoa.

Yeah....we moved 6 wks before she was born so the ex could do a surgery rotation at the VA Hospital in Roanoke VA. I had nothing to do but sit around for 6 wks, eat and feel sorry for myself. There was a chocolate chip cookie factory on the way home from the doctor's office that I was going to 2x's a week.  :uhsure:

I was back in my regular clothes at my 6wk checkup.

I gained 65 with my second one...but he was a couple of weeks early.

It took me 2 months to lose the weight that time.

I really didn't like being pregnant....I had to eat about every two hours or I would faint. It was quite annoying.

At least I didn't any stretch marks.

The reason you can't tell if women are pregnant as easily as it used to be is because early maternity clothes look so nice these days.

When I was pregnant with mine 28, 30 years ago....everything was ruffles, polkadots and plaids. All 3 of which should be illegal to use in the making of maternity clothes.  :censored:

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »
You know, I've noticed women don't get pregnant like they used to.

I'm pretty sure they are still getting pregnant the same way they always have.
Thank goodness.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:27 PM »

Read my lips: Not gonna happen.
It's easy to forget what a fine leader Bush41 was. Oh, to have such a man in the White House today.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »
stop trying to bury the truth, Frank...

Oh now, you know that as a moderator, I can do anything I want to do, with this thread.

I can, for example, shift it to a forum with less traffic.

I can, for another example, re-title it even though I'm not the original poster.

Or I can send the whole thing to the garbage bin.

However, not to fear; franksolich is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can hope to meet, and doesn't believe in tampering with history.  What is written, is written.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
Frank's current lust intrest, Nikki Stone, has this to say:

Nikki Stone1 (1000+ posts)     Thu Oct-29-09 07:03 PM
crap+Original message
The "Public Option" has been a red herring all along, to divert you from the real issue: MANDATES
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Thu Oct-29-09 07:20 PM by Nikki Stone1
I tried to say this before and was called an Obama hater--that didn't hurt my feelings at all, but it does show how difficult it is to get some people to face facts.

In my thread two days ago, I said that what we would get was a watered-down public option that would, most likely, be a fig leaf and pretty useless against the insurance companies and Big Pharma. That's looks like exactly what we are getting.

The key to this bill was MANDATES: Is it right to expect that everyone be required BY LAW to buy a faulty product from an insurance company just for the privilege of breathing in the US? Everyone said, "Oh we buy car insurance" but I pointed out in my thread here

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

I only have to buy liability in most states, and I can choose the car I want to insure: old or new, cheap or expensive, and have some control over what I pay. I can also choose to have no car at all.

BUT MANDATES FOR HEALTH INSURANCE ARE DIFFERENT.

The debate over the so-called public option has always been a red herring. Its purpose, night after night, on Rachel or Keith or other news shows, has been to shift the focus to a relatively unimportant part of the bill (at least as far as Congress was concerned, since they planned to tank whatever good it could do anyway) and to take our focus away from the big shock of MANDATES.

Remember, the first thing we all reacted to in the Baucus bill was the mandates. Suddenly, middle class people who are just over the line in terms of income but who are struggling nonetheless are being REQUIRED to add another big budget item BY LAW.

And yes, it's big budget. I went to the Massachusetts health care website and signed in as a family of 4 living in Boston with both parents in their late 30s and two kids, making 67,000 year. Here were my results.

All include prescription drugs.

Bronze plan: deductibles and co-pay necessary: $823.31 - $1,176.00/mo (PER MONTH, folks)

Silver plan: Moderate co-pay. Some deductible maybe. $1,037.65 - $1,690.00/mo

Gold Plan: Low co-pay. No deductible. $1,520.98 - $2,166.00/mo

(Edited to add: Take home pay for this family of four, taking out Federal Income Tax, is about $4000/month. They are required to spend 1/4 to 1/2 of that now on health insurance.)

So what will end up with, ladies and gentlemen, is a LAW that will require us to put aside $1,000-$2000 extra per month (on average) ASIDE for health care--edited to add: not health care, health INSURANCE. Health care costs are on top of that.

If you are making 66K with two kids and two parents and you live in a major metro area like Boston, do you have an extra 1 or 2 GRAND per month to give to the insurance companies?

Now, yes, there is a Commonwealth Care program for people under certain limits. If I make 65K with a spouse and 2 kids, I can apply for that. So far, I have been having a hard time actually figuring out how to navigate the online links. There are some places in MA which only have one company servicing these health needs. In general, though, the health plan is listed here

(If you can figure out how to get quotes for this, the zip code I used was 02116)

At any rate, the Baucus plan was always a giveaway to the insurance companies. The public option drew our focus AWAY from the travesty of mandates to a fight over something that was only going to be a fig leaf.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
Is that true? Someone should check out the RomneyCare site and use her zip code, which she graciously provided and find out.

Offline Karin

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
She's right.  It's a huge chunk of change.  People simply can't do that.  What are these miserable creeps in congress thinking?  DUmmies should join us in the streets. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
She's right.  It's a huge chunk of change.  People simply can't do that.  What are these miserable creeps in congress thinking?  DUmmies should join us in the streets. 

Well... I'm poor... so thank you guys for my future health insurance coverage.  :bow:

Offline Karin

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
Does Nikki's post above mean she's married with 2 kids?  Or was she just being hypothetical?  Ya know, she's not the most egregious person over there.  She gets all passionate about some moonbat causes, like the music professors who are going to have to teach the instruments again after 20 years.  But also serious ones, like sex traffiking. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
Does Nikki's post above mean she's married with 2 kids?  Or was she just being hypothetical?  Ya know, she's not the most egregious person over there.  She gets all passionate about some moonbat causes, like the music professors who are going to have to teach the instruments again after 20 years.  But also serious ones, like sex traffiking. 

Maybe she is passionate about it because she was once traffcked? Maybe she was born in Russia, Lithuania, Euthanasia or some other Euro-Splat! nation and was kidnapped or tricked as a young woman.... ya never know I guess.  :innocent:

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »
Maybe she is passionate about it because she was once traffcked? Maybe she was born in Russia, Lithuania, Euthanasia or some other Euro-Splat! nation and was kidnapped or tricked as a young woman.... ya never know I guess.  :innocent:

Oh....I think I've seen her website....

:-)

Sorry Frank, I couldn't resist the joke.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »
If Frank wants a woman who thinks ,he may wake up in bed with Elinor Roosevelt or Gloria Stinenam.

Now, would he would be better off with Sally Rand or Barbara Bush.  His choice.

If Frank could go back in time I pick Dolly Madison.  Brave, courageous and a lusty broad.

Perhaps he could get an answer to,  did the British actually burn up the books at the Library of Congress or were they hidden so [You Know Who ] could donate his library and pay off his debts.

Seems like every 50 years or so one of those priceless books that was though to have been lost turn up at auction somewhere in the world.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
If Frank wants a woman who thinks ,he may wake up in bed with Elinor Roosevelt or Gloria Stinenam.

Now, would he would be better off with Sally Rand or Barbara Bush.  His choice.

If Frank could go back in time I pick Dolly Madison.  Brave, courageous and a lusty broad.

Perhaps he could get an answer to,  did the British actually burn up the books at the Library of Congress or were they hidden so [You Know Who ] could donate his library and pay off his debts.

Seems like every 50 years or so one of those priceless books that was though to have been lost turn up at auction somewhere in the world.

Vesta, I like you, seriously - So don't take this the wrong way. If there was ever a person alive who could perfectly represent what non sequitur means, it would be you. Seth MacFarlane should hire you as a writer for Family Guy.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Vesta, I like you, seriously - So don't take this the wrong way. If there was ever a person alive who could perfectly represent what non sequitur means, it would be you. Seth MacFarlane should hire you as a writer for Family Guy.

There is no way on earth you would ever be able to explain the meaning of "non sequitur" to vestanumbers, even though vestanumbers IS a non sequitur.

I cannot see comments by vestanumbers unless someone quotes them. Thankfully, that rarely happens. Whenever it does, though, it reminds me of how grateful I am for the "ignore" option.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »
Whoa.

LOL... I hit 200 pounds with each kid and I dropped the weight within 2 months of having each of my babies. I don't know, I guess I retained mega-water.

I am now 115 and I consider that my normal weight, though I feel best at 110.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€