Author Topic: yuiyoshida spins some bulliyoshita  (Read 1118 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
yuiyoshida spins some bulliyoshita
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:37:44 PM »
yuiyoshida (17,856 posts)

I saw something rather disturbing today.

Down the street, a door or so down from where I live, is an elderly gentleman in his 70's. As I went out to go get the mail, I noticed a small group of people going to his door, and knocking on it. The Elderly gentleman opened the door, and they said ..Hey Happy Thanksgiving.. and proceeded to give him what looked like food goods.

But then, the woman who was there, turned to the kids, and said, "Girls, this man is poor, and can't afford to eat..We wanted you to see what poor people are like and you can see him taking this food we brought to him"

She basically was humiliating him in public in front of the group of adults and kids who brought him the food. Its was almost like someone showing kids animals in the zoo, and you could clearly see the older man who received the goods was upset at the comments.

Had I been him, I would have said, "You know what? Keep your food, I have a jar of peanutbutter on the shelf, that will get me though, have a happy Thanksgiving," and slam the door in their face.

Why does one have to pay the price of being poor, by having some stranger assume you are worthless and show that you are in public?

That woman sucked, and I felt bad for him to be put through this.

I give that one-half chopstick.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: yuiyoshida spins some bulliyoshita
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:59:55 AM »
That runs in the negative bong range. I want a refund.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 01:08:00 AM »
 :shrug:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:12:30 AM »
Needs a turkey with a brick leaping out of the bushes.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 09:00:34 AM »

I give that one-half chopstick.

Actually, I find it completely credible that a Lib/Prog do-gooder did such a thing. And then hopped into her Subaru and lectured her little Proglings-In-Training about the horrors of the Trump economy.

While a parent should educate their children about being charitable and hospitable - especially by example - it should be in private, a corollary to Jesus' teaching about not letting your right hand know what charitable things the left hand is doing (for the sake of any DU-onlurkers, that's what's known as "hyperbole"; Jesus wasn't teaching that hands are capable of knowledge, 'K?).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
She lives in SF. That some lib would use someone's situation to openly illustrate the helplessness of the individual vs. the "it takes a village" attitude would not totally surprise me. That some other lib would find some reason to be upset doesn't surprise me, either. I mean, they do look for reasons.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
She lives in SF. That some lib would use someone's situation to openly illustrate the helplessness of the individual vs. the "it takes a village" attitude would not totally surprise me. That some other lib would find some reason to be upset doesn't surprise me, either. I mean, they do look for reasons.

y-salad lives in SF? That makes this bouncy even more credible to me. Though the do-gooder might instead have hopped on Muni and lectured her little Proglings-In-Training in semi-public.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
2 doors down from the lib ... just 2 doors, and the closest lib did, nothing. Didn't offer food, and didn't come to their 70 year old neighbors defense.

That's a crying damn shame.

Glad none of this actually happened or I'd be pissed.

KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 11:59:52 AM »
Actually, I find it completely credible that a Lib/Prog do-gooder did such a thing. And then hopped into her Subaru and lectured her little Proglings-In-Training about the horrors of the Trump economy.

^^^^This. This is exactly what one could expect in SF.

CMD

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
You guys are right...this is exactly what profs do!  Ostentatious charity.  If the bouncy is true, the woman was lib through and through.

RW Christian fundlicans would knock discreetly, leave it, and go away.