Author Topic: There is a post in a group that I can't respond to. 1strongblackman  (Read 683 times)

Offline CC27

1StrongBlackMan (26,813 posts)

There is a post in a group that I can't respond to ... so I will do so here ...

To use a baseball analogy

I'd rather have a player swing for the fences and maybe fail than a player who says "I'll just let them walk me. It'll be good enough."

Good enough isn't good enough anymore.

Swinging for the fences and failing is a loss. Which is fine, if the game doesn't matter ... accepting the walk, in a game that matters, means a chance to win.

Huh?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511090785

Offline SVPete

Re: There is a post in a group that I can't respond to. 1strongblackman
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »
I think his mind lost track of his point mid-sentence. I think his point took a walk ... or maybe it jumped 1SBM's mental fence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:17:59 PM »
The DUmmy is channeling his inner Yogi Berra- or maybe his inner Yogi Bear, or even his inner Master Yoda.

The successful player is the one who knows when to bunt, when to swing for the bleachers, and when to pop up a sacrifice fly...

But that eeejit wouldn't understand that.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
The DUmmy is channeling his inner Yogi Berra- or maybe his inner Yogi Bear, or even his inner Master Yoda.

Yes.

Next question?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:13:13 PM »
Can we get gnads to translate that word salad?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
Just as I thought, before going over to Skins's island to read the whole thing:

farleftlib (393 posts)    Fri Jan 29, 2016, 02:48 PM

13. Banned from the Bernie Sanders Forum?

1StrongBlackMan (26,836 posts)    Fri Jan 29, 2016, 03:06 PM

24. Yes ... I was banned from participating in the Bernie Group.

The Bernie bullies don't like black people; wish they'd all go back to Africa.  We all know that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
Just as I thought, before going over to Skins's island to read the whole thing:

The Bernie bullies don't like black people; wish they'd all go back to Africa.  We all know that.

Well now Coach, based on this one here I fear it may be getting a bit more complicated than that. :whistling:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/118737616

On the surface it looks like a lightly populated Frenchiecat Bouncy but it might be indicative of bigger issues.  When will Bernie come clean on reparations?  What is his plan to redistribute the wealth there?   O-)   Do mulatto's need not apply?   Must one be able to prove 'slave blood'?  So many questions, so few answers from Bernie. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
Don't take the brown acid. That is all.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »
I think his mind lost track of his point mid-sentence. I think his point took a walk ... or maybe it jumped 1SBM's mental fence.

What mind?   :-)

Uh, yeah ..... his analogy went 180 from where he was going.

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/118737616

Good. God.   :thatsright:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:09:16 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 05:02:13 AM »
Swinging for the fences and failing is a loss. Which is fine, if the game doesn't matter ... accepting the walk, in a game that matters, means a chance to win.

The hitter that swings for a home run every time at back walks way more times than not without anything to show for a plate appearance.

The hitter willing to take a ball shows the kind of patience necessary to gt the pitch he's looking for and put it over the fence.  Walk a batter and he can steal a base...score from first...in general contribute something positive from his at bat.

The type of hitter 1StrongDufus supports is greed and only out for himself...which is typical of your DU variety Libtard.

The type of hitter 1SD despises wants everyone on his team to succeed.  Which is more how Conservatives and Republicans think.  Which is why 1SD hates that kind of hitter.

It's like comparing Rob Deer to Paul Molitor and saying Deer was the better hitter.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0