Author Topic: Obama's Airrcraft Suffers a Mechanical Problem  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Obama's Airrcraft Suffers a Mechanical Problem
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »
If something does happen to Obama during the election process, I would bet $100 the culprit would be a disatisfied liberal and NOT a member of the conservative party.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
Why in the hell is he cruising around on such an old jet? An MD-80? I cringe when I see that equipment is to be used on one of my route legs.

Yup it's a bad plane. We retired ours a few years ago.

When we get rid of our B737-300s I will be a happy camper.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »
If something does happen to Obama during the election process, I would bet $100 the culprit would be a disatisfied liberal and NOT a member of the conservative party.
Aren't all liberals dissatisfied?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
Aren't all liberals dissatisfied?

True, sort of an oxymoron. :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

In which case the media would never tell us.  Because in the twisted world of Liberals ONLY Republicans/Conservatives have the capacity to do something like that.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

In which case the media would never tell us.  Because in the twisted world of Liberals ONLY Republicans/Conservatives have the capacity to do something like that.

No, but we can sure assume a whole lot if Boядt Osama's carcass turned up with a "double-tap" suicide in Ft. Marcy Park.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 05:51:59 PM »
Why in the hell is he cruising around on such an old jet? An MD-80? I cringe when I see that equipment is to be used on one of my route legs.

Really? What about the later model 737's? Hell, I did a paper on Southwest, and how they were able to build a reputable company and stay profitable, while getting my business degree.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/e_scapes/2008/07/carrier-says-sa.html

Seems that the tail slide deployed while in flight. For those that don't know, there's an exit at the very rear of an MD-80. Not a side exit, straight out 'da back. MD-80's are the ones that have a
pinched off looking tail.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 03:18:34 AM »
What they didn't report was there was someone out on the wing and it was trying to rip it apart. One of the passengers got a picture of it. Here is the one picture from the VRWC office. The passenger was said to say that the person on the wing kept crying out about buying tickets on Priceline .com.

:rotf:

Shades of that Twilight Zone program where Shatner was a passenger who went crazy when he saw a gremlin on the wind ripping off wing panels.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »

Really? What about the later model 737's? Hell, I did a paper on Southwest, and how they were able to build a reputable company and stay profitable, while getting my business degree.
I used to work for them. Good company.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 10:17:56 AM »
I used to work as a 'Manufacturing-Engineering Liason' for BOEING.  (Means that when the airplane wasn't coming together, I was the one - among others - who grabbed the drawings and went down on the shop floor to figure out who screwed up where.)

I loved working on those 'planes, and I'm still of a mind that 'If it's not BOEING, I'm not going.'  I absolutely could not stand the management mentality that led to 80% of the problems I dealt with.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
Boeing's had PLENTY of problems, especially with the 37 platform.........

Of course, we could discuss the Boeing Vertol platform.......  :o
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:39 AM »
Boeing's had PLENTY of problems, especially with the 37 platform.........

Of course, we could discuss the Boeing Vertol platform.......  :o

I'm not saying they don't.  I would just trust my happy ass to a 737-whatever loooong before I'd be comfortable sitting it in the Citreon of the skies.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »
I find it hilarious that the DUmmies are already invoking the Wellstone crash!!! Did they NOT learn to read ?? Wellstone's crash was due to inclement weather (icing conditions). Many aircraft crash are due to icing. Can we say, "Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valens" ?? Ohh, how quickly we forget general aerodynamics.  :whatever:
And of course the VRWC also made all those speakers turn Wellstone's funeral into a loony left circus. Rove, you magnificent bastard!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »
What they didn't report was there was someone out on the wing and it was trying to rip it apart. One of the passengers got a picture of it. Here is the one picture from the VRWC office. The passenger was said to say that the person on the wing kept crying out about buying tickets on Priceline .com.

:rotf:

Shades of that Twilight Zone program where Shatner was a passenger who went crazy when he saw a gremlin on the wind ripping off wing panels.

We have a winner. That is exactly what I was trying to parody. Especially after the 4Th of July Twilight Zone Marathon on TV I thought it was appropriate.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »
I liked the version with John Lithgow a little better than the Shatner version. Lithgow was in TZ, The Movie.

Lithgow:

Shatner:

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 05:54:14 PM »
Like Rush (I think) said, hussein will be peddling this as his "getting shot down" experience and say he matches McCain now.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
Like Rush (I think) said, hussein will be peddling this as his "getting shot down" experience and say he matches McCain now.

I pray to GOD he's that f'n stupid.