Author Topic: Rush extends contract to 2016; worth $400M  (Read 1370 times)

Offline jendf

Rush extends contract to 2016; worth $400M
« on: July 02, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
And worth every penny...

LIMBAUGH SIGNS THROUGH 2016; $400 MILLION DEAL SHATTERS BROADCAST RECORDS

Wed Jul 02 2008 09:02:18 ET
**Exclusive**

The American broadcast industry is rocked, realigned and blasted into a new orbit, yet again, by Rush Limbaugh, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In what is being described as an unprecedented radio contract, Limbaugh will keep his syndicated show on-the-air and e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e through 2016 with CLEAR CHANNEL and PREMIERE RADIO.

Already host of the most lucrative hours since radio's inception, Limbaugh's total package is valued north of $400 million, according to media insiders.

The NEW YORK TIMES will claim this weekend that Limbaugh, marking 20 years this summer as a national host, has secured a 9-figure signing bonus for the new deal, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

In its controversial profile, the TIMES reports that Limbaugh is buying a new G550 jet and is making an estimated $38 million a year.

While newspapers and traditional broadcast media are experiencing declining revenues, Limbaugh's golden microphone has turned diamond-laced:

Earnings now pace him ahead of the annual salaries for network news anchors: Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer — combined!

The deal represents a stunning triumph over the establishment by an outsider who connected with and captured the spirit of the nation's heartland.

Developing...

Offline Jim

Re: Rush extends contract to 2016; worth $400M
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
Good for him.  Wonder if this will mean more commercials ?  Got to pay for it somehow...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
I wonder how much Randi Rhodes' contract is worth?
heh...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »
heh...

Probably looks something like this: http://www.yourwebsitevalue.com/details/randirhodes_com.html
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
heh...

I thought about asking her, but she's busy.  Lunch rush is here and she's using all of her radio skills to ask the folks at the drive-thru window if they want to super-size that?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
heh...

Probably looks something like this: http://www.yourwebsitevalue.com/details/randirhodes_com.html

Potential: $66
Important Note:
It seems that this website has a lot of traffic, but not alot of web recognition. This probably means that it get a lot of direct traffic (bookmarks). This can be good. It may also indicate that all traffic is paid for. In such a case, we would estimate this website real worth to be no more than $10

Looks like Randi has reached the big time!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »
but but but...I thought americans were sick of the Conservative Right??  :whatever:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »
Not bad for a guy who's been fired 5 or 6 times in his career. Rush has also been the Godfather of conservative talk radio and has made it a large medium and paved the way for the likes of Hannity, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck and so on. He deserves every damn penny he's getting.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 06:04:22 AM »
While I'm sure he's going to earn a very pretty penny or 2 off the deal don't forget that all the operating expenses, along with the salaries of the staff of his show comes out of that 400M kitty.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »
heh...

Coupla hot dogs and 2 pieces of bazooka bubble gum... :bash:
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!