Author Topic: Opponent of Jessica's Law tells what he wants to do to 8 year olds...  (Read 4864 times)

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
Re: Opponent of Jessica's Law tells what he wants to do to 8 year olds...
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »
I'm well aware that this is going to make me massively unpopular here, but...

For every poor child who was and will be brutalized by some sick f**k, there's some little brat who accuses a guy of rape because said brat doesn't get enough allowance from daddy/step-daddy or straight-A's from teacher.

In our culture, if not in our legal system, there is an assumption of guilt for men accused of such crimes.  Partly this is due to the sheer heinousness of those crimes, and to that degree such an assumption is understandable, even though it is still wrong.  But it is also in large part due to the feminist myth that no woman would lie about being raped (which has been proven false time and again) and the conferrence of that myth upon children.  We only need to look at the McMartin case to see where that leads us.

So while I, like any sane person, have a serious problem with the way this lawyer said what he did, I really don't take issue with the message behind the acid in his words - his job is to defend his clinets, and in order to do that he needs to be able to cross-examine those accusing his clients of horrible acts.

I also have to say though that I initially read those words in a different light than most here seem to have.  While the prevailing opinion seems to be that the lawyer in question is almost gloating that he will perform these actions, I read his words as being a pre-admission of guilt, as saying "Yes, I will do these horrible things, because that is my job, that is the price of justice."

Commence with the bitchslapping, I guess.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline jendf

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »

For every poor child who was and will be brutalized by some sick f**k, there's some little brat who accuses a guy of rape because said brat doesn't get enough allowance from daddy/step-daddy or straight-A's from teacher.

In our culture, if not in our legal system, there is an assumption of guilt for men accused of such crimes.  Partly this is due to the sheer heinousness of those crimes, and to that degree such an assumption is understandable, even though it is still wrong.  But it is also in large part due to the feminist myth that no woman would lie about being raped (which has been proven false time and again) and the conferrence of that myth upon children.  We only need to look at the McMartin case to see where that leads us.

So while I, like any sane person, have a serious problem with the way this lawyer said what he did, I really don't take issue with the message behind the acid in his words - his job is to defend his clinets, and in order to do that he needs to be able to cross-examine those accusing his clients of horrible acts.

I also have to say though that I initially read those words in a different light than most here seem to have.  While the prevailing opinion seems to be that the lawyer in question is almost gloating that he will perform these actions, I read his words as being a pre-admission of guilt, as saying "Yes, I will do these horrible things, because that is my job, that is the price of justice."

He can't expect to use phrases like "ripping apart" a potential child rape victim and then expect everyone to say, "Oh, he was just saying he was going to do his job really, really well!"

His comments were completely distasteful, even for a lawyer and a politician. He did not demonstrate any tact at all and when discussing child molestation, even if there is a possibility of false accusations, he could still be more sensitive.

Anyone who says they don't see anything wrong with his choice of words frightens the hell out of me.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »

He can't expect to use phrases like "ripping apart" a potential child rape victim and then expect everyone to say, "Oh, he was just saying he was going to do his job really, really well!"

His comments were completely distasteful, even for a lawyer and a politician. He did not demonstrate any tact at all and when discussing child molestation, even if there is a possibility of false accusations, he could still be more sensitive.

Anyone who says they don't see anything wrong with his choice of words frightens the hell out of me.

Agreed 100%.  This guy goes beyond doing his job to some sort of sick fantasy land where it is ok to brutalize a child.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
Someone needs to cap this motherf'er.  :censored:

Why does it not surprise me that it's in Massachusetts? WHAT THE ****! Are the South and the Midwest the ONLY places that are ****ing sane these days? Good God Almighty!  :censored:

I'm surprised he isn't a NYS legislator, myself.  But, I'm damned glad he isn't.  Noo Yawkers have some standards. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RGSG99

• Homeschooling and loving it!
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 08:14:39 AM »

Agreed 100%.  This guy goes beyond doing his job to some sort of sick fantasy land where it is ok to brutalize a child.

It's almost as if Fagan is saying that he will rape the child again on the witness stand.  Also, as if the child won't have problems enough adjusting to life, he wants to traumatize the child so badly that he or she will never have a normal relationship with anyone?  That is just sick, IMO.
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
– H.L. Mencken

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »

There are parts of your statement I agree with. There are some misbegotten assholes who WILL destroy an innocent persons life whether directly or manipulating a third party to do so.

But to me, there IS a difference between being a zealous defender and a sick ****.

This guy is a sick ****.

*Red*

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 06:09:16 AM »
Looks like the story is getting legs--O'Reilly did something on it Friday, and he's already trying to spin his way out of this one.

Sort of.

LINK

“It was not my intent to demean or offend any victims,” state Rep. James H. Fagan (D-Taunton) told the Herald. “I understand it was strong language, but it was meant to be a demonstration of what a bad place court can be.”

Fagan, a defense attorney, infuriated victims’ rights groups with his fiery speech on the House floor against Jessica’s Law, which would set a mandatory 20-year sentence for child rapists. Fagan said his point was to show lawmakers that if the law was passed, defense attorneys would take every case to trial, rather than cut plea bargains, which would lead to more victims being traumatized in court.

No, dicknose, your perversion of the justice system is what makes this kind of shit necessary.  Your liberal experiment at rehabilitation and "fixing" people who are just sick psychopathic ****s that need capped hasn't, isn't, and won't work.  Society abhors those who harm children, nearly as much as they abhor those who justify harming children.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »
Holy smokes--a Masshole who gets it right.  If only there were a few more of him there:

From the comments on the Boston.com story:

Why is anyone surprised? This is Massachusetts, we are battered spouses! We elect these jerks, then re-elect them, again, & again & again. We must enjoy this abuse or we'd terminate the arrangement we currently have with Beacon Hill; our votes, their out of touch elitism. We are the problem not this one of many morons we have chosen.

Hammer.  Nail.  Head.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
“It was not my intent to demean or offend any victims,” state Rep. James H. Fagan (D-Taunton) told the Herald. “I understand it was strong language, but it was meant to be a demonstration of what a bad place court can be.”

Fagan, a defense attorney, infuriated victims’ rights groups with his fiery speech on the House floor against Jessica’s Law, which would set a mandatory 20-year sentence for child rapists. Fagan said his point was to show lawmakers that if the law was passed, defense attorneys would take every case to trial, rather than cut plea bargains, which would lead to more victims being traumatized in court.

That's what these asshole's want, they want the predators released, and they want the excuse to be "it would be too traumatic for the victim to have to appear in court" Fine! let's let him walk so there will be more victims "we don't want to traumatize in court"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 01:46:11 PM »
If he somehow manages to do this in court , who is he going to be less safe from? Mom or Dad? If it was me I'd do my best to make what Saddam did pale in comparison to that ****er.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
"A demonstration of what a bad place court can be??" Hey asshat, don't you think these rape victims have already been to a "bad place"? Foribily by your hypothetical client no less?? What a scumbag.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »

Yes, I imagine court can be an awful shitty place for the guilty party.  But while a trial is quite an ordeal for the victim thanks to lawyers trying to rip them apart, court is a great place for the victim when the guilty verdict is read.  It's called "Justice", for those of you confused by this concept (Mr. Fagan, I'm looking in your general direction).  I haven't passed a Bar exam or endured a trial myself, but I'm guessing this "justice" thingy is the point.