Author Topic: London mayor fumes over Iraq cigar case probe  (Read 1401 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
London mayor fumes over Iraq cigar case probe
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
London Mayor Boris Johnson poured scorn Tuesday on a "ludicrous" police investigation into how he came into possession of a cigar case belonging to former Iraqi deputy premier Tariq Aziz.
Johnson, who took office last month as the opposition Conservatives' most powerful politician, accused the governing Labour Party of triggering the probe, which he jokingly likened to a "war crime".

The former journalist admitted to having found the red leather cigar case among the bombed-out debris of Aziz's home while visiting Iraq as a reporter in 2003. He wrote about it at the time, and kept it as a trophy of his trip.

Little more was said about it -- until Labour aides unearthed the story during recent campaigning for London mayor, which saw a close-fought race between him and veteran Labour mayor Ken Livingstone.

"They found the article, and with bulging eyes they went to the Metropolitan Police and demanded that I be prosecuted," he wrote in The Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"The poor police have no choice but to investigate this ludicrous affair, and in the interim I am told I must hand the cigar case into police custody -- or else be led in manacles from City Hall.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080624105812.t4de4es0&show_article=1
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: London mayor fumes over Iraq cigar case probe
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »
Cigars? Huh?
Paging Bill Clinton....
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
Cigars? Huh?
Paging Bill Clinton....
They really shouldn't use "cigar" and "probe" in the same article.   :uhsure:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:39:20 AM »
The problem is, this is looting and theft and against the rules.    It was Aziz's cigar case after all.    Not Johnson's.  The army has to live under very strict rules these days I understand about the liberation of things belonging to civilians in the war zone.

That said, Labour is being idiotic, and I think by now the statute of limitations must have kicked in by now.  It is the depth of patheticness that you can't argue a man down by ideas, you have to resort to "gotcha"
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
He knew he was wrong when he did it, shouldn't have run his suck about it in the paper, welcome to politics.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
No, welcome to idiocy.