Author Topic: Little sympathy for Blagojevich as impeachment moves forward  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Little sympathy for Blagojevich as impeachment moves forward
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »

Little sympathy for Blagojevich as impeachment moves forward

By RYAN KEITH
GateHouse News Service/Peoria Journal Star
Posted Jan 08, 2009 @ 09:16 AM
Last update Jan 09, 2009 @ 09:51 AM
SPRINGFIELD, IL —

Top House leaders are making it clear they have little sympathy for Gov. Rod Blagojevich as they move forward with impeaching him.

Rep. Barbara Flynn Currie, who led the committee that recommended impeaching Blagojevich last night, kicked off today's historic House impeachment vote by putting the blame squarely on the governor for the situation he faces today.

"We stand here today because of the perfidy of one man: Gov. Rod Blagojevich," Currie, D-Chicago, said.

Currie noted lawmakers gave Blagojevich a week after his arrest Dec. 9 on federal corruption allegations to resign but he refused, so the impeachment process - reserved for "serious betrayals" of public trust - was started.

http://www.pjstar.com/homepage/x1060501486/Committee-proposes-Blagojevich-impeachment

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Little sympathy for Blagojevich as impeachment moves forward
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »
Damn.

This is going too fast.

I want this to drag out for as long as possible, into summer at least.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:14:48 AM »
On the radio this morning, they where talking about how my area's 3 state representatives are planning on voting to impeach.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
On the radio this morning, they where talking about how my area's 3 state representatives are planning on voting to impeach.

They voted overwhelmingly to impeach today. I wonder what sort of details will come up that involve 0bama.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
Damn.

This is going too fast.

I want this to drag out for as long as possible, into summer at least.

This is just the overture.

They still have a big nasty trial in the state senate to come. :)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
This is just the overture.

They still have a big nasty trial in the state senate to come. :)

And if you think for so much as a moment that all of the state's dirty laundry won't be brought into the light of day there, I've got some Arizona beachfront property to sell ya.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
And if you think for so much as a moment that all of the state's dirty laundry won't be brought into the light of day there, I've got some Arizona beachfront property to sell ya.

I don't know.  Blago's what, the fourth or fifth Illinois governer to run through this?  Those previous ones didn't air out a lot of the dirty laundry, I don't see why this one would.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Zeus

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
I don't know.  Blago's what, the fourth or fifth Illinois governer to run through this?  Those previous ones didn't air out a lot of the dirty laundry, I don't see why this one would.

No other Illinois governor has ever been impeached, despite the state's storied history of graft. Blagojevich's immediate predecessor, George Ryan, is behind bars for corruption, and two earlier governors also went to prison.

The Senate trial is set to begin Jan. 26. While impeachment in the House required only a simple majority, or 60 votes, a two-thirds vote would be needed for conviction in the 59-member Senate.

Yahoo News
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 05:40:23 PM »
Because Blago has made it clear he takes this personally and will take down as many others in the machine as he can with him.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »
They want to get rid of Blago to save their Senate seat for the democrats there - they want the same machine crook Obama tells them he wants.

That's going to be one heavy load.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
Will The Fonz ride in and save Potsie ? Or will he be told to Sit on it for one last time ? Stay tuned, Truebelievers.