Author Topic: We're in the midst of a coup d'etat  (Read 1270 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
We're in the midst of a coup d'etat
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »
Star Member Cyrano (12,405 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214126493

which should be blatantly obvious to everyone. If Trump moves to carry out this coup during the election, the military must stop him and appoint the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, as acting president while all the ballots are counted.

What justifies the military doing this? The oath they all took which in part says, "... and to defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." (underline and bold type added) If Trump isn't a domestic enemy of our democracy, then words are meaningless.

:censored:

Star Member onlyadream (1,955 posts)

3. I am truly terrified.

I feel like he’s lining up all his ducks, and we’re helpless.
We thought we got him with Muller (remember all our smug “It’s Muller Time memes?), we thought the ***** tape, or “bleeding out thru her whatever” would have got him, we thought his blatant blackmail of the Ukraine would have got him, the kids in cages, etc. he is truly the Teflon Don. I feel like this is another one of those things that he’s going to get away with, and it will end our democracy.

:whatever:

Star Member still_one (73,188 posts)

4. You are right. He is telling exactly what he is going to do. He must be impeached again

We cannot just let this "play out". He is threatening the country

dem4decades (6,146 posts)

9. Trump is planning to win the election by not counting votes, If he is successful he will "win".

Not by force but by attorneys. How are you going to call out the military for that?

dem4decades (6,146 posts)

23. Look I'm as worried as anybody but if Trump cooks the books, whose is going to call it a coup and call out the military?

We're in deep shit, the person in power knows he can't win a fair vote and is doing EVERYTHING to remain in power. Even trying to get the state legislatures in swing states to insert Trump electors to the Electoral College even if he loses the vote in that state.

So even if we win the popular vote and the Electoral college, he will try to change the Electoral College voters after the election.

Who will decide? The Trump Supreme court?

Star Member Kaleva (25,562 posts)

11. What are your plans?

If you believe that what you say is a real possibility, then you already have well thought out plans in place. My guess is that you've already stocked up on guns, ammo, food and other supplies. And you also have all the local crazy Trump supporters in your area identified.

If you haven't done any of the above, then you don't think there will be a coup.

:censored:

johnthewoodworker (306 posts)

15. This seems pretty nonsensical.

Are you saying you can't have a real belief that a republican coup is underway unless you have developed a rational, all encompassing response plan? Because I believe the coup is underway and I don't know how it will play out. I did buy guns earlier this year and live in a heavily red area of the state. I have no idea how this country looks or works if it's successful. Coups happen, whether people are prepared or not. Some people recognize it, some don't. But to say you don't really believe something because you don't have a plan is flawed.

Star Member doc03 (25,400 posts)

13. Trump is far too stupid to be doing this on his own. I think the far right has been planning this even before Bill Clinton was elected. That was when Rush Limbaugh and Fox News started their
propaganda machine. They demonized Hillary Clinton for decades then they saw a useful idiot Trump to carry out their coup.
This goes far above Trump he is just the useful idiot. I think Hillary knew more than she could say when she talked about the
vast far right conspiracy.

in 1992?  :rotf:

ginnyinWI (17,273 posts)

19. He's going to lose.

He’s way down in the polls and won’t win.

He just wants to demoralize people so they won’t vote.

And the media wants something to talk about!

Whenever he makes these “we’ll see” kind of statements, that’s all it amounts to.

Last ditch effort to try to hang onto his delusion of being a winner.

Roc2020 (408 posts)

24. After the election Trump won't give a damn

He will have no choice but to leave. He will then use whatever power he has left to keep his money and keep him and his family out of jail.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: We're in the midst of a coup d'etat
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:45:07 AM »
Star Member still_one (73,188 posts)

4. You are right. He is telling exactly what he is going to do. He must be impeached again

We cannot just let this "play out". He is threatening the country

The old 'I hit him back before he could hit me first' thing.  Mom didn't buy it, neither do any of the other grown-ups.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 09:26:20 AM »
Star Member Cyrano (12,405 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214126493

which should be blatantly obvious to everyone. If Trump moves to carry out this coup during the election, the military must stop him and appoint the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, as acting president while all the ballots are counted.

So, Trump and McConnell acting entirely compliant with the US Constitution is a coup. But a military coup removing Trump and appointing Nancy Pelosi "acting president" entirely contrary to the US Constitution is OK with Star Moron Cyanose? ::)  :fuelfire:  :tongue:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:52:58 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 10:08:08 AM »
They did this in 2004 & 2008 with not believing Bush would leave office should he lose the election or at the end of his term. These kooks can’t even come up with something different this time. One playbook, one play. It’s all they have.

And if Trump is using their own paranoia against them, good! There’s no one who deserves to be treated like dirt or to be played for fools more than liberals.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
SVPete, cryano apparently typed that out without a single sense of irony.   :lmao:

And how exactly does he call out the military?  Is there a special phone number? 

sarisataka (11,362 posts)

47. I love it when the military overthrows governments

it always works out so well...

Just for shits and grins, when happens if Trump wins the Electoral vote when Ms Pelosi is the acting President under this military rule? Would her and military leaders be tried for treason?

Thread killer.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:53:59 AM by Karin »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »
SVPete, cryano apparently typed that out without a single sense of irony.   :lmao:

And how exactly does he call out the military?  Is there a special phone number?

Self-reflection is like unobtainium on DU. Like many DUpipo, is not handling his impotence well (pun intentional).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »
If Trump moves to carry out this coup during the election, the military must stop him and appoint the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, as acting president while all the ballots are counted.

Which section of the Constitution is that in?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »

Thread killer.

In typical liberal action: typing in hysterical all caps at the DUmp and on the cesspool that is Twitter.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »

I'm waiting for them to declare the Constitution to be unConstitutional because it doesn't spell out how they can get rid of a legally elected President.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »
If Kamala Harris was ever sworn-in as POTUS and we overthrew her government would that be a "Cooze de Twat"?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
If Kamala Harris was ever sworn-in as POTUS and we overthrew her government would that be a "Cooze de Twat"?

Of course, that’s Willy Brown’s chew toy after all
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »
Of course, that’s Willy Brown’s chew toy after all
Horrible thought... think he ever allowed a brown willy?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
They did this in 2004 & 2008 with not believing Bush would leave office should he lose the election or at the end of his term. These kooks can’t even come up with something different this time. One playbook, one play. It’s all they have.

And if Trump is using their own paranoia against them, good! There’s no one who deserves to be treated like dirt or to be played for fools more than liberals.

That's why they are the poster children for insanity.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
Yes DUmbasses. There has been an attempted coup going on in this country.....since the day Candidate Trump came down the escalator to announce his run for the White House.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 04:38:50 PM »
The, uh, 18th bill of, err, punishment, something like that. Yes, that's the one. Towards the end.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »
Oh lord not this shit again.  Do you idiot dummies realize that President Trump is just yanking you and the MSM chain?  He has been doing it for like 5 years now and neither you or your media wing has figured it out.

He is making you look like fools, laughing at you, and you take the bait every time... and are too stupid to realize it.

:popcorn:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »
Charlie Brown meet football.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.