Author Topic: Ice Cores Show Temp Raises Carbon not Vice Versa  (Read 2126 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Ice Cores Show Temp Raises Carbon not Vice Versa
« on: December 27, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
In the 1990’s the classic Vostok ice core graph showed temperature and carbon in lock step moving at the same time. It made sense to worry that carbon dioxide did influence temperature. But by 2003 new data came in and it was clear that carbon lagged behind temperature. The link was back to front. Temperatures appear to control carbon, and while it’s possible that carbon also influences temperature these ice cores don’t show much evidence of that. After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial. It’s relevance is debated.

http://joannenova.com.au/global-warming/ice-core-graph/

Graphs at link with reference citations.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

Re: Ice Cores Show Temp Raises Carbon not Vice Versa
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »
In the 1990’s the classic Vostok ice core graph showed temperature and carbon in lock step moving at the same time. It made sense to worry that carbon dioxide did influence temperature. But by 2003 new data came in and it was clear that carbon lagged behind temperature. The link was back to front. Temperatures appear to control carbon, and while it’s possible that carbon also influences temperature these ice cores don’t show much evidence of that. After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial. It’s relevance is debated.

http://joannenova.com.au/global-warming/ice-core-graph/

Graphs at link with reference citations.

I have seen several similar graphs showing that temperature rise proceded the in the increase in CO2.  I don't understand why this is not spread around more. This alone would seem to be the stake through the heart of the Glowbull  Warming fraud.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »
Thundley, this is and has been well-known with REAL climatologists. Because it negates ANY claims of CO2 being the cause of glowballs warming the only conclusion I can come to is a cover up.

After temperatures rise, on average it takes 800 years before carbon starts to move. The extraordinary thing is that the lag is well accepted by climatologists, yet virtually unknown outside these circles. The fact that temperature leads is not controversial. It’s relevance is debated.

It's gotta make you wonder why Algore completely ignores this fact and actually reverses the roles?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:23:08 AM »
Thundley, this is and has been well-known with REAL climatologists. Because it negates ANY claims of CO2 being the cause of glowballs warming the only conclusion I can come to is a cover up.

It's gotta make you wonder why Algore completely ignores this fact and actually reverses the roles?

Owl Gore is in it to make money at the same time he destroys the US economy.  Maybe he is holding a grudge over not being elected president?

I just can't understand why so many people buy into this crap. The scientists doing it is almost understandable, they do it for the funding.  In the long run it will discredit many of them.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
Thanks, MSB, I knew I had seen graphs on this point before, and had been meaning to Google some up for reference when I got the time, you have saved me an afternoon of groping around for them.

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 05:17:36 PM »
Kind of reminds me of ELI the ICE man.......  (Electronics geeks will probably get that)

Voltage leads Current in a purely inductive circuit and Current leads Voltage in a purely Capacitive circuit)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »
The entire purpose of the AGW scam is to have carbon dioxide declared first a "greenhouse gas" , then ultimately a "pollutant" in order for regulation to be established to "control" its levels, when it is a perfectly normal albeit tiny, component of the atmosphere.......

It is all about control, and tax revenue.......not about science......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.