Author Topic: Grandma asks sparkling husband primitive how to make sausage  (Read 605 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Grandma asks sparkling husband primitive how to make sausage
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x52535

Oh my.

hippywife  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-04-09 12:48 PM
Original message

Stinky, a little advice needed.

I bought some ground pork through the coop and I'm going to season it myself to make Italian sausage (uncased obviously) for my sauce today. I have an idea what I'll be using but I wanted to get your input, too.

This is kind of like one's dearly beloved grandmother asking a booking agent for topless dancers, for tips on gardening.

But whatever.

elleng  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-04-09 03:03 PM
Response to Original message

1. fennel!

hippywife  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-04-09 03:05 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Oh, definitely a must and lots of it!

Since Stinky vacated the board for a while and I needed to get it done, I've already made it up and have it simmering in the sauce. I used lots of fennel, garlic, a pinch of crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, a little basil and a little parsley.

And finally, we hear from the guy who thinks of cooks and chefs in retaurants as monkeys on exhibit in a zoo:

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jan-04-09 03:52 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. I would use ......

....... lots of fennel, garlic, a pinch of crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, a little basil and a little parsley.

I often crush the fennel before adding it. I sometimes add some wine to it. I also make a variation using celery seed instead of the fennel.

hippywife  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-04-09 03:58 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. I thought about the wine but the problem is that we can't drink so don't usually have it. However, a friend of the other half sent home a bottle of homemade red. I'm saving it for an Italian Pot Roast. I know once it's opened unless I have multiple things to use it in almost back to back, some of it's gonna go to waste. Maybe I can save it and let it ferment the rest of the way to vinegar?

And you so very funny, you are.

That, the sparkling husband primitive is.
apres moi, le deluge