Author Topic: Poll: who is the most narcissistic primitive?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Poll: who is the most narcissistic primitive?
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
Yesterday (Friday) late morning, I went to see a Ph.D. of psychology at a four-year state college, to get "guidance" on a course I'm taking there.  It's one of those 499/899 "independent study" things, good for three credit hours, and it's the third time I've done this since 2005, shortly after all that mischief by Doug's ex-wife.

And I had to pay some bucks yesterday to make it the.....fourth time.

I'm getting an "A" on this third time, although the professor appears to think I should be less casual and sloppy in analyzing the primitives.

My attitude of course is that hey, I'm doing this just for fun, so no big deal, but I did promise to be more exact, more painstaking.  We'll see how that goes.

The topic is "sociology of primitives on the internet," with the primitives of Skins's island being the primary--and in fact only--case study. 

The problem with this is that there is no way one can determine which conclusions are correct in real life, and which ones aren't.

People can be very different on the internet, from real life.

But anyway, everything's based upon the premise that the primitives are telling the truth about how they really feel about things, and how they really feel about things can give important clues about the way they are in real life.

It's just intellectual recreation, and those of us who don't watch television or listen to radio or music or go to movies, well, we deaf need something to fill our heads too.

Remember, my first college degree was in British history, and so in retrospect, that was intellectual recreation too, rather than practical stuff.

And the good professor of course gets paid for this.

And I'm not a particularly demanding student.

Anyway, so we discussed narcissism among the primitives.

At my request, we omitted consideration of female primitives, because being a man, it's not likely I understand women well, and besides, while narcissism can severely cripple a male, a little bit of it--please notice the "a little bit"--is to be expected in women anyway.

Myself, I suspect that of all the primitives, Pedro Picasso is the most narcissistic.

The standard definition of narcissism is "an arresting of development at, or a regression to, the infantile stage of development, in which one's own body is the object of erotic interest."  In other words, excessive admiration of oneself.

This pertains not only to the physical body, but also to one's character, values, and opinions, this idea that one is aesthetic in these things, too.  (Such as imagining one has more brains, or more virtue, than one actually does.)

But I could be wrong.  I've been wrong before.  Maybe it's another primitive.

edited to correct mispelling in title; sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:50:08 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Poll: who is the most narcissistic primitive?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
No subway cat?????

Coach, you are slipping!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »
I woulda thought Greenbriar.  She's always trying to make things about her.  Though thinking about it, Subway Cat would definitely take the cake.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
Ah, remember all, I omitted women primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
If I only had men to choose from, I woulda gone with TiT, but since he's no longer fodder, maybe Pitt.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »
Im going with Atman, since he still has yet to admit his wrongness and award me my prize of a hand-made bust of The Impeached One. This combined with the utter callousness and disrespect he treats his host with, as if DU is his right, vs privilege.

There have been times here and at The former home where I have made mistakes, and I readily admit them, Mr. Texas Toast seems to think he is Pope, and his divine word is law.

One of the things that amazes me most though is his love-of-self is so convincing to the other primitives, that very few challenge his assumptions for long, if at all. Just the very fact that he continues to post at the DUmp is testament to that, whereas a normal Primitive would have been shelved long ago from the crapstorm he brought about.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »
Ah, remember all, I omitted women primitives.
That makes all the difference in the world.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
If females were included then I would say greenbriar in a heartbeat.

Excluding them The Straight Story would probably top my list for now as every thing he posts is about how sorry his life is and how,mind you,he doesn`t want pity or sympathy for all the bad things that have happened that were not his fault and he just can`t accept any help from anyone but.....

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
Interesting !

just for giggles, I banged Atman into wikipedia - this is what came out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%80tman_(Buddhism)

Quote from: wikipedia
Ātman (Sanskrit: आत्मन्) or Atta (Pāli) literally means "self", but is sometimes translated as "soul" or "ego". The word derives from the Indo-European root *ēt-men (breath) and is cognate with Old English æthm and German atem[1] In Buddhism, the belief in the existence of an unchanging ātman is the prime consequence of ignorance, which is itself the cause of all misery and the foundation of saṃsāra. The early scriptures do, however, see an enlightened being as one whose changing, empirical self is highly developed.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
My vote is for SLAD (I am assuming that it is a male).

One generally doesn't notice this primitive unless browsing the "dungeon" threads, as they're too crazy to fit in even at the lounge there.

I get the impression that SLAD thinks very very highly of himself, and that everyone who disagrees with him is too stupid to "know the troooof" or is even more stupid than that because they're a paid member of cointelpro operations.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »
My vote is for SLAD (I am assuming that it is a male).

One generally doesn't notice this primitive unless browsing the "dungeon" threads, as they're too crazy to fit in even at the lounge there.

I get the impression that SLAD thinks very very highly of himself, and that everyone who disagrees with him is too stupid to "know the troooof" or is even more stupid than that because they're a paid member of cointelpro operations.

Not sure,recent wanderings down those island paths seem to refer to it as a her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
agreed, I was always of the impression that SLAD was a sheprimitive.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »
Im going with Atman, since he still has yet to admit his wrongness and award me my prize of a hand-made bust of The Impeached One.

Ah, yes, I remember that one well, from at our old home.

Pedro Picasso said there was never any "majority sentiment" for impeachment in 1998, and you found the polls proving Pedro Picasso wrong.

But Pedro Picasso after all is the one who insisted to Demonic Underwear, again at our old home, that the Impeached One had won the elections of 1992 and 1996 by Reaganesque proportions, massive landslides, when in fact the Impeached One remains the only two-term president in American history never to have won a majority of the votes at least once.

The guy doesn't know excresence.

This combined with the utter callousness and disrespect he treats his host with, as if DU is his right, vs privilege.

Yeah, that too.

Remember the night Mukasy was confirmed as U.S. Attorney General, and both the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive and Pedro Picasso were yelling-and-screaming for my fellow alum Skins to show up, so as to reassure the morale of the primitives?

They weren't requesting his appearance; they were DEMANDING it.

As if a pauper has the "right" to demand the king.

Well, as it turned out, Skins was busy with child-care duties at home that evening, and couldn't get onto the island until the next morning.

So my fellow alum shows up, but then the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive and Pedro Picasso had left in a huff, and it was months and months before either of them was seen hanging around a bonfire where Skins was.

For some peculiar reason, these two guys think they're better, and more important, than Skins.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

There's been people institutionalized for lesser delusions.

One of the things that amazes me most though is his love-of-self is so convincing to the other primitives, that very few challenge his assumptions for long, if at all. Just the very fact that he continues to post at the DUmp is testament to that, whereas a normal Primitive would have been shelved long ago from the crapstorm he brought about.

You know, I used to see more of that than I do now, the other primitives adulating Pedro Picasso.

As dense as they are, I suspect the primitives are getting the very real idea that Pedro Picasso has nothing but contempt for them.  His own people, the primitives, and he thinks so lowly of them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
Interesting !

just for giggles, I banged Atman into wikipedia - this is what came out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%80tman_(Buddhism)

That's interesting.

When I googled it a few months ago, it was identified as the brand-name of women's lingerie and perfumes hawked by Richard Simmons or Bill Russell or something, and since Pedro Picasso used to be a go-fer in the marketing department of a chain of women's clothing stores, it made sense.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »
I gotta go with Greenbriar.

Bitch is so full of herself that it just vomits forth on occaision.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »
I'd have to vote for Wee Willy....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 12:45:55 AM »
I woulda thought Greenbriar.  She's always trying to make things about her.  Though thinking about it, Subway Cat would definitely take the cake.

I voted other for her too.... ya'd think Mrs. Howell had gone all moonbatty and started posting on the Interwebs with the way that bitch draws attention to how well off she is.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 06:25:25 AM »
I said the gay primitives.  I'd think that after the wailing and gnashing of teeth over gay marriage, this would be a slam-dunk.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 07:11:02 AM »
I said the gay primitives.  I'd think that after the wailing and gnashing of teeth over gay marriage, this would be a slam-dunk.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised the gay primitives aren't doing better.

But this being a holiday weekend, perhaps as soon as the regulars start coming back in again, the gay primitives might improve their numbers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »
Male:  Straight Story, followed by ShadowKnows, with Wiley 50 running 3rd.

Female:  Greenbriar far and away, followed by UGP right on her heels, Bobbolink closing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 07:32:53 AM »
To tell you the truth, I'm surprised the gay primitives aren't doing better.

But this being a holiday weekend, perhaps as soon as the regulars start coming back in again, the gay primitives might improve their numbers.

I put the gay primitives on the bottom because they are following mob-mentality rules, and aren't showing any real narcissistic behavior. Narcissism is defined as love of self, Whereas the gay primitives are mostly chanting love of gay ideals, and love of improving gay society (as they feel it should be defined) as a whole. Even if that improvement requires forcefully imposing their standards on others.

Frank, If you could Identify a specific gay primitive who is trying to position himself/herself as the messiah of this movement for apparently selfish means, then you will find a good primitive to target for research.  

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 01:25:06 PM »
While I think they're all narcissistic, it's a requirement for being a DUmmie, I say gay primitives...heavens, these people hold a frickin parade for themselves every year for the sole purpose of prancing around in attire that would get most other people arrested. Most can out-Drama Queen any woman on the planet with the possible exception of Madonna. Their "issues" and victimhood aren't merely wallowed in but celebrated. And it's not even because they feel some divine right to equality, it's because they feel some divine right to say "EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!!" I honestly believe if they were told they could have all the rights they believe they're entitled to but they have to stop calling attention to themselves and they can't have their narcissism and pride parades anymore, they'd turn it down. But what can one expect from someone who can't figure out whether they're a leather queen or Marilyn Monroe.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline lizard

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
The Straight Story gets my vote.  The majority of his posts are about him and his life, how he feels or some such sappy crap bouncey. 

If women were in the mix, I would have to pick frenchiecat.   Since she posted about chanting under her breath at the 7-11.....  :mental:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
I went with the fags, which by extention automatically includes all males at DU that aren't moles.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »
I choose Redstone.

No matter what he posts it's always about him.  ALWAYS.

My female choice is bi_baby.