Author Topic: Fitzgerald's shoddy investigation deserves no extension.  (Read 750 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Fitzgerald's shoddy investigation deserves no extension.
« on: January 01, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »
Seems the spirit of Fitzmas is dead at the dump, why am I not surprised.
DUmp Link.

Quote from: kentuck
kentuck  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) 
Thu Jan-01-09 01:06 PM

Original message
Fitzgerald's shoddy investigation deserves no extension.

We need to let the next US Attorney continue this investigation. Fitzgerald had the Governor of Illinois handcuffed and arrested early in the morning just a couple of weeks ago. They led him out for public display. Then the esteemed US Attorney stood before the microphones and talked about Lincoln rolling over in his grave and the massive corruption and law-breaking that was going on with the governor.

Now we find out, he had nothing. Zilch. But he says he needs 90 more days to complete his investigation. To complete his investigation? He had the Governor handcuffed and displayed as an example of a crooked politician brought to justice. Now he tells us that he doesn't have the evidence and that he needs 90 more days to complete it? Something is wrong with this picture folks.

I say that Patrick Fitzgerald be requested to hand over his resignation before January 20th and that he explain his rationale for his actions. No one has the authority to arrest a Governor of any state unless they have the goods on them at the moment. Not 90 days in the future but right now. If he doesn't resign, he should be fired.

Maybe its just me, but I think DUmmies true feelings center around Fitz getting too close to the Anointed One with his digging, so the investigation needs to be shut down now.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: Fitzgerald's shoddy investigation deserves no extension.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
I think 0bama should be worried. Fitz is 24-0 in his prosecutions. If he's got his eyes on the whole corrupt IL machine... oh, what a merry Fitzmas it will be!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
tularetom  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-01-09 02:06 PM
Response to Original message
24. If Fitz is such a hot shit prosecutor
   How come Karl Rove and Cheney are walking around loose instead of in federal prison awaiting death sentences for treason?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
What? The DUmmies don't believe in Fitzmas, anymore?

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »
As is typically the case, the DUmmies know absolutely nothing about criminal investigations. First, you develop enough probable cause for an arrest, then, once the arrest is made, you have to round up all the other players and get them interviewed. In an investigation such as this, once one investigator asks one question to the wrong guy, he sends up the flares to his cohorts. They scatter like rats, documents start getting shredded, emails deleted, and hard drives mysteriously come up missing. I can see no way to have completed this investigation prior to the arrest without tipping Blago off that he was about to get sacked-up.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
Well!!!

I think the DUmmies should demand William Rivers Pitt and Jason Leopold who used to work at TruthOut.org start an immediate investigation of Fitzmas.  :angryvillagers:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 09:30:14 AM »
This will be a wonderful opportunity for the kentuck primitive to find out if Il Duce cares about his opinion.  Let's see what happens.

Of course, it would be similar to Nixon firing Archibald Cox, but that is beyond the ability of the primitives to comprehend.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »
When I first learned of the requested delay, I thought "no."

For about one-third of a second.

If granted, it drags things out to April 7, I guess.

Now I'm thinking Fitzgerald should've asked for a much longer delay, six months or a year or two years, so as to prolong this as much as possible.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
Regardless of what happens, January 20, 2009 the investigation ends.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams