Author Topic: Another cruise line will require vaccines; DeSantis says no  (Read 591 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Another cruise line will require vaccines; DeSantis says no
« on: April 14, 2021, 05:49:52 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215333886#post6

I only brought this over to ask a question about a reply to the OP;

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (64,156 posts)

Another cruise line will require vaccines; DeSantis says no

SilverSea Cruises became the second major cruise line to announce it will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all passengers when it resumes global itineraries on June 5.

The decision could set up a confrontation with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis when the luxury cruise line is scheduled to sail from Port Everglades in December.

DeSantis’ press office on Monday asserted that his recent executive order barring businesses from requiring proof of vaccinated customers extends to cruise lines operating in Florida.

“The Governor’s Executive Order provides that businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business,” press secretary Cody McCloud said by email. “Therefore, the Executive Order prohibits cruise lines from requiring vaccine passports for their Florida operations.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-cruise-line-require-vaccines-012600407.html

Well I guess they'll operate out of a more accommodating state if that's the case.

demtenjeep (30,202 posts)

6. **** HIM My cruise from last year was postponed to this year. Last week got postponed to next yea

Mama is NOT pleased in the least

Evidently Pam had a cruise scheduled for last year and I don't know how they schedule, but I know when we've scheduled a cruise we usually do so months in advance, and have actually made reservations as much as a year in advance because we were offered a deal.

Here's my question; when was Pam's last fund raising efforts because they didn't have any money? 

I know some of you will either remember or have the 'tools' to find it either with your strong GoogleFu, or at the DUmp.  Inquiring minds want to know.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Another cruise line will require vaccines; DeSantis says no
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 07:42:19 AM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 08:17:52 AM »
demtenjeep (30,202 posts)

6. **** HIM My cruise from last year was postponed to this year. Last week got postponed to next yea

Mama is NOT pleased in the least

Poor-Mouthing Pam is still doing cruises? I guess if her school is still closed down it saves her commute and clothes $$ and she has extra time on her hands. But she probably scheduled it in 2019, so ... what did Pam know and when did she know it?! :rotf:  :tongue:

Will the cruise line require Pam to wear a burkini if she swims or lounges around the pool? :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
Isn't being able to take a luxury Caribbean cruise a big symbol of White Privilege?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »
https://www.gofundme.com/f/pamelas-crohns-disease-relief

$1500 raised; $30,000's the goal.

I thought she had done one not long ago, but perhaps I'm thinking of the one when her sister died ... be interesting to know if that was really cruise money and tips for the lounge piano player!   :lmao:

Ewww.  Now I've grossed myself out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 09:41:22 AM »
Well I guess they'll operate out of a more accommodating state if that's the case.

yeah, Wisconsin or Michigan are fairly left leaning.  I'm sure SilverSea Cruises will have no problem embarking from one of those states...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 10:43:37 AM »
yeah, Wisconsin or Michigan are fairly left leaning.  I'm sure SilverSea Cruises will have no problem embarking from one of those states...

Wait until they move them to New York due to accommodations.  Now your 7 day cruise from Miami that used to get you to the Virgin Islands just gets you to the Bahamas.  Or you have to buy a 10 day cruise to get where you really wanted to go.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 10:51:43 AM »
I thought she had done one not long ago, but perhaps I'm thinking of the one when her sister died ... be interesting to know if that was really cruise money and tips for the lounge piano player!   :lmao:

Ewww.  Now I've grossed myself out.

KC

Poor Poopy Pants Pam.  Guess she should spend that union teacher money (where she is too scared to actually work) on more Prada purses and Depends rather than clutch her pearls about her beloved cruises.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender