Author Topic: Oregon Primary today. Hillary will not like it.  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Oregon Primary today. Hillary will not like it.
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
Obama spoke to a crowd of 70,000 on a very very hot  (for Portland) sunday afternoon.  This state has always been Obama territory.  In my wanderings through town I see more McCain signs than Hillary signs.

Anyway, the count starts being released at 8:00 tonight.  I am prepared for a blowout.  Since Oregon votes by mail, and most of the ballots are electronically counted, results should come in very quickly.  Those of you who stay up late at night to argue the results can probably go to bed early.

in other news, McCain has only one other person on the ballot. Ron Paul.   That should be pretty boring.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

Re: Oregon Primary today. Hillary will not like it.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
According to Fox(y) and Friends this morning, the once double-digit lead Borat Hussein Osama had over Hitlery is now down to a close single-digit lead.

Wouldn't it be a gas if Hitlery pulled off an upset in Oregon?

There is an ever increasing number of WOMAN democrat voters who are considering voting for McCain because the defeatocrat party is treating them as if they only belong barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:39:51 PM »
According to Fox(y) and Friends this morning, the once double-digit lead Borat Hussein Osama had over Hitlery is now down to a close single-digit lead.
Wouldn't it be a gas if Hitlery pulled off an upset in Oregon?
There is an ever increasing number of WOMAN democrat voters who are considering voting for McCain because the defeatocrat party is treating them as if they only belong barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen.
That's a good possibility because Teh Rove has pointed out that Barry polls 3-4 points higher than the actual vote.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
Obama spoke to a crowd of 70,000 on a very very hot  (for Portland) sunday afternoon. This state has always been Obama territory.  In my wanderings through town I see more McCain signs than Hillary signs.

Anyway, the count starts being released at 8:00 tonight.  I am prepared for a blowout.  Since Oregon votes by mail, and most of the ballots are electronically counted, results should come in very quickly.  Those of you who stay up late at night to argue the results can probably go to bed early.

in other news, McCain has only one other person on the ballot. Ron Paul.   That should be pretty boring.

yeah, but there was a free rock concert by a popular local band before the rally.   :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »
Obama spoke to a crowd of 70,000 on a very very hot  (for Portland) sunday afternoon. This state has always been Obama territory.  In my wanderings through town I see more McCain signs than Hillary signs.

yeah, but there was a free rock concert by a popular local band before the rally.   :-)

O RLY?  I certainly did not hear THAT little bit of information from Mizz Couric last night. 

I wonder how many people were there at the end of the speech compared to the crowd that showed up for the free music?  I saw some aerial shots of the crowd, but they don't tell you what time the pictures were taken.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
Obama spoke to a crowd of 70,000 on a very very hot  (for Portland) sunday afternoon.  This state has always been Obama territory.  In my wanderings through town I see more McCain signs than Hillary signs.

Bruce Springsteen was there. Don't know how many songs he played but I am positive at least 99% were there to see him.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
NewsBusters says it was a 45-minute show.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »
They left a mess.   When the scientologists were in town for a protest, they cleaned up after themselves and re-seeded the park.

I didn't pay attention to the springsteen thing.  He was married to a local girl briefly I understand.  The Oregonian made it seem as if they were all there for Obama.

I rode by the Hillary Headquarters.  They looked bummed when I went by.

I am begining to think that most of Hillary's support is now protest.

An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »

Bruce Springsteen was there. Don't know how many songs he played but I am positive at least 99% were there to see him.

are you serious? I never heard about the concert til now... what a joke.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »

are you serious? I never heard about the concert til now... what a joke.

I heard about it today on talk radio.