Author Topic: Clinton 'Misspoke' About '96 Bosnia Trip  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Clinton 'Misspoke' About '96 Bosnia Trip
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:57:34 AM »
WASHINGTON (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said she "misspoke" last week when saying she had landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia as first lady in March 1996. She later characterized the episode as a "misstatement" and a "minor blip."

The Obama campaign suggested the statement was a deliberate exaggeration by Clinton, who often cites the goodwill trip with her daughter and several celebrities as an example of her foreign policy experience.

During a speech last Monday on Iraq, she said of the Bosnia trip: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

According to an Associated Press story at the time, Clinton was placed under no extraordinary risks on the trip. And one of her companions, comedian Sinbad, told The Washington Post he has no recollection either of the threat or reality of gunfire.

When asked Monday about the New York senator's remarks about the trip, Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson pointed to Clinton's written account of it in her book, "Living History," in which she described a shortened welcoming ceremony at Tuzla Air Base, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

"Due to reports of snipers in the hills around the airstrip, we were forced to cut short an event on the tarmac with local children, though we did have time to meet them and their teachers and to learn how hard they had worked during the war to continue classes in any safe spot they could find," Clinton wrote.

"That is what she wrote in her book," Wolfson said. "That is what she has said many, many times and on one occasion she misspoke."

Asked about the issue during a meeting with the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board on Monday, Clinton said she "misspoke."

More: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VK656O2&show_article=1
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Clinton 'Misspoke' About '96 Bosnia Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:54:14 AM »
Makes you wonder how many euphemisms for "lie" they can find.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:59:14 AM »
Makes you wonder how many euphemisms for "lie" they can find.

Any normal person would remember a bit more detail if they got off a plane while being shot at....unless that has happened so many times they all run together.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »
she gave a lot of detail about wearing flak jackets and such... that is not a misstatement. its just a lie.

the other lie, when talking about the first lie, was that she 'speaks millions of words a day' ... BULLSHIT. she'd have to be giving speeches in her sleep to do that...

i'm going to be so mad if she loses the nomination cause she cant keep her lying straight..  :popcorn:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
she gave a lot of detail about wearing flak jackets and such... that is not a misstatement. its just a lie.

the other lie, when talking about the first lie, was that she 'speaks millions of words a day' ... BULLSHIT. she'd have to be giving speeches in her sleep to do that...

i'm going to be so mad if she loses the nomination cause she cant keep her lying straight..  :popcorn:
Now the scandal tennis ball is on the mrs. clinton side of the court...

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
You would have thought they learned after Kerry.

Frank says it best,

Dummies lie, all the time. They lie. Even when there is no reason to. They lie.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Saying she made a rare error, Hillary Clinton repeated Tuesday that she “misspoke” when she suggested she landed under sniper fire during a goodwill trip to Bosnia in March 1996.

Speaking to KDKA radio in Pittsburgh, the Democratic presidential candidate said it’s been a long campaign and this is the first time she has said the wrong thing.

“I have written about this and described in many different settings and I did misspeak the other day,” Clinton said during a live 10-minute interview. “This has been a very long campaign. … Last week for the first time in 12 years or so, I misspoke.”

The New York senator has had to backtrack about her description of her trip to the Balkans when she was first lady after a fact check revealed that, rather than dodging hostile fire, she was greeted on the tarmac at Tuzla Air Base by an 8-year-old child and Bosnia’s acting president.

Clinton’s faulty memory was also corrected by the comedian Sinbad, who joined her on the trip and told The Washington Post he doesn’t remember any threats to their safety.

During a speech last Monday on Iraq, Clinton said of the trip: “I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/25/clinton-admits-rare-error-when-she-misspoke-about-bosnia-sniper-threat/

"Misspoke" = LIED!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »
Clintonian logic at work I see.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »

merged the BN and GD threads.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »
Sort of like Bill "misspoke" about not having relations with Lewinsky.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »
that depends on what the definition of "is" is. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »
I wonder which speech writer on her campaign staff just got "dissappeared".   
 :scottie: