Author Topic: Obama: I Am Not Running to be Hillary’s No. 2  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Obama: I Am Not Running to be Hillary’s No. 2
« on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »
n a fiery rebuttal to suggestions emerging over the past week, Barack Obama on Monday shot down suggestions he become Hillary Clinton’s wing man and questioned the logic of those who say he is prepared for the vice presidency but not to be president.

Speaking at a town hall style meeting in Columbus, Miss., the Illinois senator said the proposal floated by Clinton’s campaign over the last week that he be her running mate doesn’t make sense, especially since he has won twice as many states as Clinton, hundreds of thousands more of the popular vote and 110 more delegates so far.

“I am not running for vice president, I am running for president of the United States of America. I am running to be commander in chief,” Obama boomed to applause. “I don’t know how somebody in second place is offering vice president to the person in first place.”

Obama was speaking fresh off a weekend Democratic caucuses victory in Wyoming that turned the Democratic presidential primary contest back into a horse race. Mississippi’s primary is on Tuesday and Obama is far ahead in the Magnolia State, according to several polls of voters there.

Clinton began talking up the idea of a “dream ticket” last week when she suggested that maybe one day voters will have a chance to elect both her and Obama at the same time. The notion of a dream ticket was forwarded again by Bill Clinton over the weekend while campaigning on his wife’s behalf in Mississippi.

More: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/10/obama-i-am-not-running-to-be-hillarys-no-2/
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Obama: I Am Not Running to be Hillary’s No. 2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »
...but Obamanation is #2...a big pile of it.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

Re: Obama: I Am Not Running to be Hillary’s No. 2
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
...but Obamanation is #2...a big pile of it.   :-)

yeah, i heard that earlier on the news... it was an unfortunate turn of phrase, eh? :-)