Author Topic: Military Questions Obama’s Claim That Under-Equipped Troops Used Taliban Weapons  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

The military is casting doubt on Barack Obama’s claim during a debate Thursday night that for U.S. troops in Afghanistan, it was “easier to get Taliban weapons” than it was to be properly equipped by their own country.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Friday he found the claim “hard to believe.”

“Despite the degree of skill and finesse that it takes to manage a large force with the number of deployments we have going on — and despite the stress that we have readily acknowledged on the force, one of the things we do is make sure that all of our servicemen that are going into harm’s way are properly trained and equipped with the leadership they need to be successful,” he said.

Obama’s campaign stands by his remarks, which he made during a debate with Hillary Clinton in Austin, Texas, while explaining why he feels he is prepared to be commander-in-chief and why the decision to enter Iraq demonstrated poor judgment.

During the debate, he said he was told by an Army captain heading a rifle platoon that he was sent to Afghanistan with 15 fewer soldiers than he was supposed to have because the other troops were sent to Iraq.

“And as a consequence, they didn’t have enough ammunition; they didn’t have enough Humvees,” Obama said. “They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander-in-chief.”

More: http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/22/military-questions-obamas-claim-that-under-equipped-troops-used-taliban-weapons/
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
There are so many things wrong with that statement on so many levels...and I'm NAVY.

This guy doesn't deserve to run pantyhose, let alone a nation.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

The junior officer who made that idiotic claim needs to be tracked down and bitch-slapped into explaining what the Hell he was thinking and for having his head up his ass as well, that is just as f*cked up as a soup sandwich.
The only shit the Taliban would have that would be any use for us would be something they stole from us in the first place.  Individuals may end up in odd situations due to low-level command ****-ups, but the Pentagon guy is absolutely right that supplying our guys with sufficient small arms and battle rattle is definitely NOT one of our failings.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline formerlurker

:lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Sen. Warner Calls For Hearing on Obama's Taliban Claims

Sen. John Warner, a supporter of likely GOP presidential nominee John McCain, sent Obama a letter Friday asking for details about the platoon and the name and whereabouts of the captain, so he can tell military officials about it at an upcoming hearing. Warner is ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Letter

Heh. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
I heard Rush talking about this yesterday, how the story seemed extremely fishy and that Barackath Obamath never gave the name of this platoon sergeant (of course), but I didn't hear that much of it because I was in and out of the car all afternoon.

I'm sure the story is bogus as all get out and Obama's just trying to drive up support from the few Dems who still support the troops.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Rush actually put Bo Snerdley on the air.  First time I've ever heard that.

They were not pleased.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama

They were not pleased.

Yeah, I heard that. The "Official Barack criticizer"  This of course was the knock out punch right here... "Somebody that might be able to make Jimmy Carter look competent." :rotf:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

:rofl:  :rotf: :lmao:

I agree
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Lauri

They were not pleased.

that was a brilliant move on Rush's part... especially since he knows the drive bys listen to him so intently.

now, why isnt the MSM asking Barack about this Army Captain?

let's see if it comes up in the debates any time soon.

Offline Airwolf

It's a wonder that they say this bullshit with a straight face and get away with it. I have yet to see anyone in an American Uniform on TV or in the press that wasn't equipped with American GI ISsued gear or shit they bought on thier own like Knives and spare pouches to carry all that extra crap some LT told them they had to drag along but didn't need. There maybe some Spec Ops units using stuff thats not normally issued to regular units but that is normal. Barry should just shut the **** up over military matters.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
Sen. Warner Calls For Hearing on Obama's Taliban Claims

Sen. John Warner, a supporter of likely GOP presidential nominee John McCain, sent Obama a letter Friday asking for details about the platoon and the name and whereabouts of the captain, so he can tell military officials about it at an upcoming hearing. Warner is ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Letter

Heh. 
Heh heh.