Author Topic: When God Does the Miracle We Didn’t Ask For  (Read 2492 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
When God Does the Miracle We Didn’t Ask For
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:42:03 AM »
I got this from Zionca Christian News today in my email.

When God Does the Miracle We Didn’t Ask For

February 8, 2014  by Vaneetha Rendall Demski
 Topics:  Suffering

Countless childhood surgeries. Yearlong stints in the hospital. Verbal and physical bullying from classmates. Multiple miscarriages as a young wife. The unexpected death of a child. A debilitating progressive disease. Riveting pain. Betrayal. A husband who leaves.

If it were up to me, I would have written my story differently. Not one of those phrases would be included. Each line represents something hard. Gut wrenching. Life changing.

But now, in retrospect, I wouldn’t erase a single line.

Honestly, it is only in hindsight that I can make such a bold statement. Through all of those devastating events, I begged God to deliver me. To save my baby, to reverse my disease, to bring my husband back. Each time God said no.

Instead of Deliverance

“No” was not the answer I wanted. I was looking for miraculous answers to prayer, a return to normalcy, relief from the pain. I wanted the kind of grace that would deliver me from my circumstances.

This dovetails rather nicely with the thought:  God always answers prayers; sometimes, the answer is "no."

The thing that we need to do is to respond to the "no" in the proper way . . .

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/when-god-does-the-miracle-we-didn-t-ask-for
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: When God Does the Miracle We Didn’t Ask For
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
Ahhh but you get what you ask for.

A small premie and parents pray for its life.  Bargain  with God,  Let this child live and we will care for the child and love them come what may.

Child lives and thrives, for the first 3 years, then as it goes into it's mid- 6-8 years shows some disturbing dark side.   Child becomes most odd, sets the cat on fire and seems to enjoy it.

The other children in the family seem scared of the child and no bonds between the child or it's brothers or sisters  are ever seen.  Child has no bond with either parent, but, the promise to God to care for this child is strong within the parents, we will care and protect this child.

These things happen, you get what you ask for.