Author Topic: Boston On The Brink As Millennial Mayor Pushes Decriminalization  (Read 57 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Boston On The Brink As Millennial Mayor Pushes Decriminalization
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/boston-brink-millennial-mayor-pushes-decriminalization

Boston's 39-year-old Mayor, Michelle Wu, wants to follow in the footsteps of San Francisco, Philadelphia, Seattle, Denver, New York, and other liberal strongholds - where property crimes, including grand larceny and motor vehicle theft, have seen a sharp increase in recent years.

As the Daily Mail reports, Wu wants to make crimes including shoplifting and disorderly conduct off-limits to prosecution. She also wants to include certain categories of breaking and entering, wanton and malicious property destruction, larceny under $250, and trespassing as non-prosecutable crimes. She did toss in drug possession - which is fine as long as crimes like disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace are enforced.

Those who commit such wanton crimes would receive little more than a slap on the wrist.

The offenses are all on a 'do-not-prosecute' list that was created by former Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins.

Rollins, who later joined the Biden administration but resigned amid ethical violations, had advocated for the non-prosecution of more 'low-level' offenses.

During her 2021 campaign, Wu was asked by left-wing nonprofit Progressive Massachusetts whether she supports Rollins' list, to which she responded "Yes." When asked if she supported closing the Boston Police gang database, she also said yes. She also supports firing any Boston PD employees involved in the January 6th protest in Washington DC.

Another dumpster fire burning. It is now Boston.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

That’s what they voted for so God bless them. Now that they’re going to sleep with the dogs I hope they don’t mind the fleas.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!