Author Topic: World powers agree UN draft statement on North Korea  (Read 2020 times)

Offline thundley4

World powers agree UN draft statement on North Korea
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »

"UNITED NATIONS, April 12 (RIA Novosti) - Six world powers have agreed a draft UN Security Council statement, condemning North Korea's rocket launch, diplomats said on Sunday.

Five permanent council members and Japan agreed on Saturday to the draft statement seen as a compromise between the supporters of tough measures against North Korea and restrained response to the communist regime's rocket launch.

According to the draft, the UN Security Council condemns the rocket launch by North Korea on April 5, 2009, which is in contravention of Security Council Resolution 1718.

The UN Security Council could vote on the draft statement as early as Monday." Link

And if this passes, then immediately following, 0Bama will be on TV proclaiming victory over NK.  :banghead:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: World powers agree UN draft statement on North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »
Wow...a LETTER!  Lil Kim's gotta be shaking in his track suit now!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:52:48 PM »
Wow!  A strongly worded letter.  It'll have the same effect on the gargoyle that it did on Saddam, a good laugh.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 05:17:53 PM »
Wow!  A strongly worded letter.  It'll have the same effect on the gargoyle that it did on Saddam, a good laugh.

Not so fast!  Remember, they ruled on a letter, but disagreed on the severity of the letter  :o  ::)  :lmao:

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
You're right!  A slap on the wrist was bargained down to a stern talking to.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »
Well shit, N. Korea violates several laws, and threatens sovereign nations with war if steps where taken to defend themselves, and the UN does the same exact thing it does everytime Israel tries to defend itself.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 09:02:34 PM »
Well shit, N. Korea violates several laws, and threatens sovereign nations with war if steps where taken to defend themselves, and the UN does the same exact thing it does everytime Israel tries to defend itself.   :whatever:

They are doing less than they do do Israel. Most statements of condemnation from the UN have been against Israel.

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
They are doing less than they do do Israel. Most statements of condemnation from the UN have been against Israel.

Hi Folks,

You all miss the point.  Not only are they writing a nasty letter it is going in North Korea's PERMANENT FILE.  The little turd will be scared to death...

BTW, after Saddam received his umpteenth letter from the UN, the mainstream media did not print his response back to them.  It said something like, "Dear UN, received your form letter, f--- off!  love, Saddam"

regards,

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »
Well, the letter is going to be FULL of exclamation points and capital letters!!  Surely, that will have MAJOR IMPACT!

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »
Anyone else see that video clip from that stupid puppet movie "Team USA" [I could be mistaken about the title] which Hannity has show, where the IEAE inspector confronts Kim Jong Il?

How true can it be?
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:21:26 AM »
Anyone else see that video clip from that stupid puppet movie "Team USA" [I could be mistaken about the title] which Hannity has show, where the IEAE inspector confronts Kim Jong Il?

How true can it be?

Is that the clip where Hans Flix is sent down a trap door?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
A week to react to some bumbling pirates...a couple days longer to react to the Chia Pet on NK.

All we're doing is telling the world that swift and decisive action is not what they can expect from the US for the next four years.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 07:55:45 AM »
Is that the clip where Hans Flix is sent down a trap door?

THAT BE THE ONE

Like north Korea really gives a $hit what the UN has to say.
America - Love It, or LEAVE