Author Topic: Report: U.S. Refuses Israel Weapons to Attack Iran  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Report: U.S. Refuses Israel Weapons to Attack Iran
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »
JERUSALEM —  The United States has rejected an Israeli arms request that would have improved Israel's capability to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, a frontpage report in Israel's Haaretz newspaper said on Wednesday.

The U.S. warned Israel against attacking, saying such a strike would undermine American interests, the paper said. The unsourced report also says the U.S. demanded that Israel give it a heads-up if it decides to strike Iran.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402708,00.html

This is a warning from Israel...they will be taking out Iran in the near future.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Report: U.S. Refuses Israel Weapons to Attack Iran
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:44:07 PM »
As in, "break out the egg timers for this one, ladies and gents.  Israel will not jeopardize it's safety by putting it's trust in the hands of an American electorate who 'studied the problem' in the world today', and determined that the best solution to those problems is either teh Obamessiah and his thousand year reich, or the "maverick" who is just a lilttle too comfortable reaching across the aisle at the expense of core principles for anybody's comfort.

If one of these two are the answer, it was a stupid ****ing question.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
interesting story, HG.  I wonder what the arms request was, specifically . . . . but it's not this is a rift at all between the two countries.

The United States "does not see an action against Iran as the right thing to do at the moment," the defense minister said, but shared Israel's view that "no option should be removed from the table".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »
but it's not this is a rift at all between the two countries.

I would tend to believe that Israel probably expected this from Washington.  With this refusal out in the open, Washington can make the claim of plausible deniability when the Israelis do go in later this year.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:22:19 AM »
I think Israel is getting ready to do the deed and the US is doing a CYA routine. If Obama is elected Prez., the odds will go up dramatically of an attack before the end of the year.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
I think Israel is getting ready to do the deed and the US is doing a CYA routine. If Obama is elected Prez., the odds will go up dramatically of an attack before the end of the year.

I agree. President Bush has said more than once that a nuclear Iran is completely unacceptable and he will resolve this issue BEFORE he leaves office.

CYA is correct and frankly, I would do the same thing while sending the arms to Israel under the table.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 11:21:53 AM »
but it's not this is a rift at all between the two countries.

I would tend to believe that Israel probably expected this from Washington.  With this refusal out in the open, Washington can make the claim of plausible deniability when the Israelis do go in later this year.

+1  I believe this was published for 2 reasons:
1.  As you stated, so the US can claim no part in an assist (which of course is bs)
2.  As a general warning to the President of Iran

If the Israeli's truly believe they have the capability of having nukes by 2010, an attack will happen by th end of this year or early next year.  An Obama win will expedite the attack before he's sworn in.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
Too bad we sold them 500 top of the line Bunker Buster bombs some years back lol  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 02:02:07 PM »
I too, wonder what the arms were that are in question........Israel's air combat capabilities are, as I understand it, defensive in nature, and lack the long-range strike capability to fly repeated bombing missions over Iran.

That doesn't mean that we couldn't loan them a couple of our old "BUFF's"......for recon purposes only, of course.......

doc

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
 They could send two waves of 75 Fighter Jets each wave  with Jdams over a one hour period (With 85% of Iran in range) and another 25-40 fighters to guard returning jets from any Iranian air force chasers , then after first strike plans and fellow interceptors have returned have second wave of 50 fighter jets back over station in Iran within 5 hours with another 25-40 others as mop up for any remaining Iranian air force threats ...