Author Topic: Police Investigate Shooting On UCLA Campus; 2 Killed  (Read 1123 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Police Investigate Shooting On UCLA Campus; 2 Killed
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
This is an "active shooter" site, so the link may post updates from time to time.

Police Investigate Shooting On UCLA Campus; 2 Killed

June 1, 2016 10:11 AM

WESTWOOD (CBSLA.com) — Two people have been fatally shot on the UCLA campus in Westwood, police said Wednesday.

The identities of those who were killed are being withheld pending family notification.

At this time, it remains unclear how many shooters are being sought by police.

Shortly after 10:00 a.m., campus police sent out an alert notifying students and faculty of a possible “active shooter” in Boelter Hall located near the School of Engineering building.

More at the link:  http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/shooting-on-ucla-campus/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Police Investigate Shooting On UCLA Campus; 2 Killed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:09:15 PM »
It's a murder suicide
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
Seems to be a Zone of Silence about the identity of the student involved.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:10 AM »
Seems to be a Zone of Silence about the identity of the student involved.
His name is  Mainak Sarkar.  Looks like your typical angry white male.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:52 PM »
His name is  Mainak Sarkar.  Looks like your typical angry white male.

And this is the minority professor he killed.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
Yeah, finally heard his name on the news for the first time after I posted that.  The delay had already indicated to me that the shooter was almost certainly a minority and/or female.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »
Pictured: Medical student wife of UCLA gunman who he 'shot dead' in her Minnesota home before driving across the country to kill his former professor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3621726/The-PhD-student-shot-UCLA-professor-dead-Indian-rubber-engineer-killed-thesis-supervisor-wouldn-t-let-graduate-committed-suicide.html

The UCLA gunman's wife was found dead in her Minnesota home hours after her husband fatally shot his former professor in Los Angeles and then killed himself.

Ashley Hasti, 31, died of a gunshot wound to the head, almost certainly at the hands of Mainak Sarkar, who listed her on his 'kill list'.

St Paul-based PhD graduate Sarkar had been planning to execute more victims after killing professor William Klug in the UCLA engineering building on Wednesday - but killed himself instead, the LAPD revealed on Thursday.

He killed before, his wife, Ashley Hasti.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
Yeah, finally heard his name on the news for the first time after I posted that.  The delay had already indicated to me that the shooter was almost certainly a minority and/or female.

There are a couple of predictable patterns here. One is that, as you pointed out, a delay in publishing info about the perp means the perp doesn't fit the MSM's desired narrative. The other is that the earliest MSM reports will have factoids that do fit the preferred narrative - the shooter was some combination of white, male, Christian, and gun-nut - that will soon be contradicted by actual facts.

At this point the question, outside of the Land of LA, is whether this story will vanish from the MSM, or whether the murderer's victims will be slandered and blamed. Both are possible, of course.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.