Author Topic: The basic lie in the theory that the president can't make the economy better by  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-16-08 08:12 PM
Original message
The basic lie in the theory that the president can't make the economy better by himself

The natterers are talking about the upcoming RECESSION. They all say that no president, Dem or Repubic, can change the economy with the stroke (or two) of a pen.

Actually, the president can.

All it takes is to utter the words "End this stupid war now".

Bing Bang Boom ...... haffa trillion bux available for meaningful stuff.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2700841

Gee this reminds me of someone else. Oh yeah Ron Paul supporters.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lauri

i just dont think its feasible at this point. i wont argue if its right or wrong to be there (i could argue both sides now i think) ... but leaving now leaves that region far too instable.

all you Dems go watch Charlie Wilson's War, or check the book out of the library... its worth the read and pretty accurate from everything I've read about it. I still want to read the book though.

We left Afghanistan and didnt get them on their feet afterwards.. the weak country couldnt fight off the Taliban and its pretty much a rogue state now..

we cant do that to Iraq.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The sparkling husband primitive as usual is an idiotic dunderhead.

I wrote a long response, but deleted it.  One can't explain things to primitives, who have a lower mind-set than normal civilized people do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
The sparkling husband primitive as usual is an idiotic dunderhead. One can't explain things to primitives, who have a lower mind-set than normal civilized people do.

"All it takes is to utter the words "End this stupid war now".
Bing Bang Boom ...... haffa trillion bux available for meaningful stuff"

Oh I don't know Frank, the way the DUmmie describes it, it all seems so simple and easy. Just "Bing Bang Boom" and all that money will magically appear! Why can't we think of "stuff" like that?
 ::) ::) ::)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
i just dont think its feasible at this point. i wont argue if its right or wrong to be there (i could argue both sides now i think) ... but leaving now leaves that region far too instable.

all you Dems go watch Charlie Wilson's War, or check the book out of the library... its worth the read and pretty accurate from everything I've read about it. I still want to read the book though.

We left Afghanistan and didnt get them on their feet afterwards.. the weak country couldnt fight off the Taliban and its pretty much a rogue state now..

we cant do that to Iraq.

That is exactly where I stand.

You know, I read DUmmies discussing the war, and I realized just how self-centered they really are.  It wouldn't bother them if another tyrant took over Iraq as long as it didn't effect them.  I read about how our soldiers are training Iraqi soldiers, building schools, helping orphans, and just rebuilding the country in general, and the DUmmies are still focused on the so-called recession. 

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.

we cant do that to Iraq.

That is exactly where I stand.

You know, I read DUmmies discussing the war, and I realized just how self-centered they really are.  It wouldn't bother them if another tyrant took over Iraq as long as it didn't effect them.  I read about how our soldiers are training Iraqi soldiers, building schools, helping orphans, and just rebuilding the country in general, and the DUmmies are still focused on the so-called recession. 

It is a nightmare that just won't stop. There is progress in Iraq, the surge worked.There is a long way to go but progress is being made and it drives the DUmmies crazy. The economy is fairly sound so they talk it down as much as they can. They always look at the dark side of everything, it is in their genes.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".