Author Topic: "Journalist" reminds me of Walldude.  (Read 1246 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
Re: "Journalist" reminds me of Walldude.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »
With respect to P.J. O'Rourke, my head without a hat looks more stupid than a hat. I used to be a hippie. Now I wear hats.

-- Will*

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 11:42:55 AM »
The speed with which leftists sought to condemn teenagers for doing nothing is what's disgusting.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:14:23 PM »
Here we agree.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
HuffPo laid off its entire Opinion staff. If Cherkis worked in that group, his layoff was probably unrelated to his mouthing off.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »
Doesn't Arianna have enough opinions to go around?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
Doesn't Arianna have enough opinions to go around?

Her "reporters" certainly do. Maybe the Opinion people were laid off as repetitive and redundant.

FWIW, I've been laid off enough times in the past 30 years that I do not wish those folks ill.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 08:23:35 PM »
Her "reporters" certainly do. Maybe the Opinion people were laid off as repetitive and redundant.

FWIW, I've been laid off enough times in the past 30 years that I do not wish those folks ill.

I do SV Pete.  These were high school kids.  I think all the assholes that jumped on the bashing bandwagon need to suffer a taste of their own medicine. Make way for some real journalists.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

Personally I think this just may sour all white voters outside of the lib bastions against the dems for a generation. Damn sure gonna piss off the Catholics.  You can say what you want about the Catholics... but they got damned good schools from the elementary level to the University level nationwide and most of the kids in those schools are not Catholic. They are kids of current business and government leaders and will become those leaders in 20 years... and they are watching this lynching thinking "that could be me". 

Just my 2 cents.   :cheersmate:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 10:39:11 PM »
I do SV Pete.  These were high school kids.  I think all the assholes that jumped on the bashing bandwagon need to suffer a taste of their own medicine. Make way for some real journalists.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/media-must-learn-covington-catholic-story/581035/

Personally I think this just may sour all white voters outside of the lib bastions against the dems for a generation. Damn sure gonna piss off the Catholics.  You can say what you want about the Catholics... but they got damned good schools from the elementary level to the University level nationwide and most of the kids in those schools are not Catholic. They are kids of current business and government leaders and will become those leaders in 20 years... and they are watching this lynching thinking "that could be me". 

They brought it onto themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

The journalists and actors are getting sued by Robert Barnes and L Lin Wood. They are being served with legal papers as I speak. It is all fun and games, right?

https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law

Some could face criminal charges. I would not be surprised to see Kathy Griffin and Jack Morrissey charged.

Prosecutor: Hundreds of threats made against Covington Catholic after DC march firestorm
https://www.wlwt.com/article/prosecutor-hundreds-of-threats-made-against-covington-catholic-after-dc-march-firestorm/26014571
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:16:30 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

The truth was right on top of the little nazi lie. Why nazi?
The proggers habituaĺly engàge in outrageous lies.
They're perfèctly comfortable with the doctrine above.
À doctrine by ..... Joseph Goebbels. 
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 10:05:29 AM »
It is both sad and scary to see how fast  a vengeful mob full of hate and fury can be ginned up against some one for nothing.

How a conclusion is jumped to before all tha facts are known and even when the truth comes out how many refuse to accept it.

When you have a group of blacks spouting hate and racist rhetoric against these kids and others and no one says a word about it, how groups like this and antifa appear in public spreading hate, violence and destruction and nothing is done about it is alarming.

And the worse part is the left blames conservatives who for the most part are peaceful people.

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

My sentence used the word "folks", plural. So while Cherkis was one of them, he was one of 10 or 15. Justice in this world is seldom proportional, whether the criminal and civil justice systems or "karma". Maybe being laid off isn't proportional to what Cherkis did (though the state of his industry may lengthen his job search), I doubt the others laid off with him joined in his vileness. They still got laid off into a contracting job market for their industry. Hopefully Cherkis' lack of self-control (his target was a hated group, this time, but an employer has to consider who he might pop off against next time and the legal complications he could bring on the company) will disincline employers from hiring him, but then there's the other 9 or 14 Joes and Josephines laid off with him.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »
When you have a group of blacks spouting hate and racist rhetoric against these kids and others and no one says a word about it, how groups like this and antifa appear in public spreading hate, violence and destruction and nothing is done about it is alarming.

As best I can tell, the intersectionality gibberish was intended to help sort out degree of victimhood when victim groups clash In this case black victims were harassing Native American victims. The media solution to that "simple" clash would have been to ignore it. But then the group of Catholic high school boys were dragged into it by being in the vicinity and Philips decision to milk some publicity from a group he thought unlikely to know how to handle him. They didn't, but for the most part handled the situation well (I suspect they were briefed before participating in the March for Life on how to respond to MSM and feminazi hecklers, and that minimal training helped them).

Had Philips' been a "simple" lie about what the boys did, the MSM and Prog-entators probably would have acknowledged the boys were not the offenders and swiftly moved on (so as to avoid dealing with the fact that Philips is a LIAR). But because the proof that Philips lied showed the blacks harassing the Native Americans and taunting the boys, well, the MSM would've had to show a victim group being oppressors, which would be heresy. Intersectionality doesn't work in real life and when the audience is normal people unwilling to pretzellate their brains. So the MSM are brazening it through rather than admit the truth.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 11:49:11 AM »
You'd have to have a heart of stone not laugh at Jason "The Douchebag" Cherkis.

Oh and the obligatory "Learn to code Jason."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
You'd have to have a heart of stone not laugh at Jason "The Douchebag" Cherkis.

Oh and the obligatory "Learn to code Jason."

I have seeing "learn to code" a lot lately. They take that as harassment and death threat.

Journalists whining about alleged death threats.
https://twitter.com/mat/status/1089292880340873216

mat honan‏
Verified account
@mat
 23h23 hours ago
More
@jack one reason journalists were writing about targeted harassment on Twitter before you guys were taking it seriously is because they have long borne the brunt of it. Which continues today.

I do not see any death threats. Talk about triggered!  :mental:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:04:54 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du