Author Topic: Today's Market Observation  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Today's Market Observation
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:54:30 PM »
Notice todays steep swings in the market today? No? Well, there weren't any...we closed only 5 points down.
 It seems like Wall Street is on the fence the night before Election Day.  I will predict a sharp decline on Wall Street if Barrack is the victor tomorrow night.  Businesses will get burned and traders are already pulling back.
Maybe it's time to buy up an inverse(bear) fund??

Offline djones520

Re: Today's Market Observation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:24 PM »
If he wins, I'd expect all stocks involving coal to plummet like mad on Wednesday.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
If he wins, I'd expect all stocks involving coal to plummet like mad on Wednesday.

The coal stocks are already taking a terrific beating. Peabody Energy is down from about 88 in July to about 30 something today---was down to 25 or so last week. Ditto Patriot Coal and Arch Coal Co.

I was going to buy some since they are down so far, but afraid to now.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:22:39 PM »
Notice todays steep swings in the market today? No? Well, there weren't any...we closed only 5 points down.
 It seems like Wall Street is on the fence the night before Election Day.  I will predict a sharp decline on Wall Street if Barrack is the victor tomorrow night.  Businesses will get burned and traders are already pulling back.
Maybe it's time to buy up an inverse(bear) fund??

I'm trying to learn more about the market. Do you have some examples of inverse (bear) funds?

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »
I'm trying to learn more about the market. Do you have some examples of inverse (bear) funds?

Rydex and Profunds have excellent inverse funds...Check Morninstar's best performing funds to get an idea of their performance.
Here is  the link. Bear funds are outperforming all other sectors...The two I am closely watching are RYIRX and BRPIX.  If Obama wins tomorrow, I may buy one of them.

http://screen.morningstar.com/FundSearch/FundRank.html?fundCategory=all&screen=tr1yr

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:40:18 PM »
The coal stocks are already taking a terrific beating. Peabody Energy is down from about 88 in July to about 30 something today---was down to 25 or so last week. Ditto Patriot Coal and Arch Coal Co.

I was going to buy some since they are down so far, but afraid to now.

I bought some gold stock as most metals seem to fair well during bear markets.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
Election Fact of the Day
Obama leads in 18 out of the 19 states with the largest recent declines in home prices, whereas McCain leads in 13 out of the 14 states with the largest recent increases in home prices.

Looks like an interesting blog.  Wish I'd found it earlier.   :popcorn:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »
If the futures are any indication, the market is going to plummet today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:01 AM »
If the futures are any indication, the market is going to plummet today.

Why not?  1929 was just the Stock Market crash.  The Great Depression didn't actually begin until AFTER  FDR began imposing the Marxist 'New Deal' on America - in 1933.

We're just following the great traditions of this country.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.