Author Topic: Do you believe that Iran bombed the oil fields of Saudi Arabia??  (Read 4503 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Do you believe that Iran bombed the oil fields of Saudi Arabia??
« on: September 18, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »
kentuck (93,263 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212473161

I'm not sure although it does appear to be the case.

Who else would have that type of technology?

Although the orders may not have come from the Iranian government, there are independent rebel groups throughout the region that have loyalty to the ayatollahs.

It was quite a daring attack.

Trump says he is going to impose more sanctions. I don't know that I would believe that? I think he might do whatever the Kingdom might ask him to do?

:whatever:

What are the odds the DUmpmonkiez think Trump was behind it all?

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (74,629 posts)

1. The real question is what is to be done about it.

Seems to me the problem is between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Let them sort it out.

Proud Liberal Dem (18,640 posts)

47. Exactly my thoughts

Plus, Trump sold them a bunch of military equipment. Let them slug it out. What is our interest there?

Initech (76,992 posts)

48. I feel like Saudi Arabia is the worst country in the world.

They can go eat a bag of shit for all I care. But yeah, let them and Iran sort it out. We do not need to intervene.

Amishman (1,792 posts)

4. Yes, it seems pretty conclusive

The flight paths of the missiles rule out it being Yemeni rebels, as does the amount of intelligence gathering needed to be able to know the structure of the sites missile defense systems and how to evade them.

Amishman (1,792 posts)

33. All the impacts were on the north side and Kuwait confirmed the missiles flew over them

CNN has the details

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/17/middleeast/saudi-attack-iran-base-intl/index.html

Missiles all hit from the north and Kuwait confirms the missiles passed over them.

The missiles the Houthi have would have difficulty reaching the site with a straight path, and definitely not enough range to make the described approach.

Star Member uponit7771 (58,198 posts)

5. No, after the NDI refusing congress request and the air force spending tons of dough at Trump bug infested resorts I believe there are too many MAGAts in the government right now.

Star Member RainCaster (3,413 posts)

7. NO! This is Saudi's problem anyhow- we must stay out of it.

Those oil rich bastards can fight their own battles, we do NOT need to get into this at all.

Star Member gordianot (13,755 posts)

10. Why didn't the Saudi's pony up some of those billions for air defense?

Keep American lives out of this mess but America does seem to be running a protection racket.

Star Member GoCubsGo (22,231 posts)

14. "Seem"?

America IS running a protection racket for the Saudis. They pay us, but it's our citizens who pay with their blood. Just like the first Gulf War, where we were paid to do the Kuwaiti's and Saudi's dirty work

Star Member scarytomcat (838 posts)

11. no

someone else took credit and they share a border with SA so drones could make it
a drone does not have enough fuel to fly from Iran to SA
if they did shot missiles they would have flown over our navy position in the area
did we go on alert at the time or were we involved?
we are trying to create a reason to bomb Iran

Star Member TexasProgresive (11,037 posts)

16. Who else would have that type of technology?

Israel??

Who know what to believe in the age of Trump. I don't know if it is Israel but it sure would be a distraction form Bebe and Donald's problems.

I don't discount the possibility of conspiracy at high levels of intelligence and military groups as I am the son of two people who carried the secrets of their careers to the grave. Both had Top Secret and one Q level clearances. Professional military and intelligence people can keep secrets.

Star Member ooky (3,176 posts)

22. Unfortunately, the president is an outrageous liar.

Nothing he says can be believed.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: Do you believe that Iran bombed the oil fields of Saudi Arabia??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »
My prediction:

Dummie will scream: "Stay out of it!!!!!11111eleventy1111!!!"

Until President Trump says he has decided to stay out of it then the dummies will be all "Abandoning our closest ally!!!!!".
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »
Is it LIHOP or MIHOP on Trump's part this time?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 05:52:29 AM »
Does anybody want to explain to these idiots that if Gulf oil stops flowing consumer prices skyrocket, destroying those fixed incomes they're always going on about.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »
kentuck (93,263 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212473161

Ummmmm, I do not believe anyone has claimed that Iran attacked Saudi oilfields. What has been said is that Iran's surrogates, the Houthis, used Iran-supplied weapons to attack Saudi oilfields. And the Houthis have taken credit for the attacks.

Not that facts matter to DU's Full-Cry-CT-ists.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 06:37:20 PM »
Ummmmm, I do not believe anyone has claimed that Iran attacked Saudi oilfields. What has been said is that Iran's surrogates, the Houthis, used Iran-supplied weapons to attack Saudi oilfields. And the Houthis have taken credit for the attacks.

Not that facts matter to DU's Full-Cry-CT-ists.

The four large spherical tanks that were hit (empty at the time) were hit from the general direction that Iran is in.  I heard something today to the effect that all of the missiles and all of the drones (8 and 10, respectively) hit from the northeast, which just happens to be the direction that Iran is in.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.