Interests > Product & Merchant Reviews

Do not buy LG Tromm fnt ldr washer & dryer or Miele Platinum Plus dishwasher

(1/11) > >>

Teri:
FYI....They are crap!  Just had to order a pump that cost over 513.00 for the Miele dishwasher that's only about five years old.  The LG Tromm front loader washer and dryer have cheap parts that fail often.  Good thing the hub knows how to replace the dryer rollers...we had to do that once with the dryer and the cheap plastic pump and parts on the washer have failed twice already he's had to replace.  And why they put the drain on the very bottom of the washer is stupid.  When the pump failed, I had to use a cookie sheet to collect the water because the tube they provide to drain it is only like two inches long!   

Oh they looked so sexy in all of their stainless shine when we first bought them, but I'd give anything to have back my old Sears Kenmore dishwasher that lasted over sixteen years until it rusted out so bad I had to replace it, but the darn thing still washed dishes good.

I'm of the opinion that sexy, fancy and expensive is not always the best.  Believe it or not...I also have an old Sears Kenmore washer and dryer in the basement I used for really dirty stuff that I don't want to put into my front loader and they are over twenty five years old and still washing clothes without a problem.

Don't even ask me about vacuums...  I've had them all...Rainbow, Kirby, Dyson...  Rainbow's water reservoir is too messy and heavy, Kirby is too heavy, Dyson won't pick up deep down dirt in carpets.  I've settled for a Sears Kenmore canister vac that has everything, lightweight and sucks up everything really well. 

I just have a really hard time with appliances, but I'm learning a valuable lesson...expensive fancy name brand is not always the best. 

I have been very happy with my Bosh stove though.  Gas cook top with convection oven...best thing we bought yet.

IassaFTots:
I am in the market for a new dishwasher.  Samsung is in the lead.  I like the Bosch's, but they aren't set up well. 

Teri:

--- Quote from: IassaFTots on January 14, 2013, 01:29:51 PM ---I am in the market for a new dishwasher.  Samsung is in the lead.  I like the Bosch's, but they aren't set up well. 

--- End quote ---

The hub said something about the Bosh dishwashers that he'd read they have a good rating too.  We bought a huge French door Samsung fridge with the freezer in the bottom.  I love it too, but the ice maker sucks.  I have to stand there forever listening to that thing churn and churn and churn and then it spits out two skimpy cubes of ice. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the money we spend on this stuff only to be disappointed.  I'm at the point of buying plain simple low cost stuff that if something goes wrong...toss it out and buy another one...

Eupher:

--- Quote from: IassaFTots on January 14, 2013, 01:29:51 PM ---I am in the market for a new dishwasher.  Samsung is in the lead.  I like the Bosch's, but they aren't set up well. 

--- End quote ---

I did some research going on 5 years ago now, but the Kenmore stood on top at the time. The reviews I read, (Consumer Report, Consumer Digest, and a couple others I can't remember now) gave Kenmore top marks for quiet, dependability, ruggedness, and oh yeah, it gets the dishes clean.

IassaFTots:

--- Quote from: Teri on January 14, 2013, 01:36:53 PM ---The hub said something about the Bosh dishwashers that he'd read they have a good rating too.  We bought a huge French door Samsung fridge with the freezer in the bottom.  I love it too, but the ice maker sucks.  I have to stand there forever listening to that thing churn and churn and churn and then it spits out two skimpy cubes of ice. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the money we spend on this stuff only to be disappointed.  I'm at the point of buying plain simple low cost stuff that if something goes wrong...toss it out and buy another one...

--- End quote ---

Check out the Bosch in the store, my boyfriend had one, before he moved.  It was a great machine, but the lower rack is set up really wierd and it is hard to get all of your stuff in there.  I think I have the same fridge you do.  I know what you mean about the ice machine.  I don't use it much, because I rarely use ice, but when I do, I have certainly noticed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version