Author Topic: Wrote a post for NoQuarter... wonder what you all thought of it?  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Woody

Re: Wrote a post for NoQuarter... wonder what you all thought of it?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »
That's why I said "up to".  I saw the range was 1-10%, so I used some weasel-words.  :naughty:  That's an interesting survey, but I do believe it's higher than 1%; surveys are notoriously bad at finding out things that people usually try to hide.  I don't think it's quite 10%, though; 3-5% sounds about right to me. 

When I was waiting tables, I noticed that gays tend to move to where they're more accepted; there were no gays working in the small town restaurants, but the big cities definitely had their share.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Wrote a post for NoQuarter... wonder what you all thought of it?
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 12:23:19 AM »
That's why I said "up to".  I saw the range was 1-10%, so I used some weasel-words.  :naughty:  That's an interesting survey, but I do believe it's higher than 1%; surveys are notoriously bad at finding out things that people usually try to hide.  I don't think it's quite 10%, though; 3-5% sounds about right to me. 

When I was waiting tables, I noticed that gays tend to move to where they're more accepted; there were no gays working in the small town restaurants, but the big cities definitely had their share.

That's pretty much where I would put it also. I doubt that it is close to 10%. I think you're right at between 3 and 5. So this brings us back to what exactly are we losing if only 3 to 5% of the voters are turned off to the GOP?

As a matter of fact, I know a couple of gay couples who vote GOP! So I think perhaps the vote cancells itself out.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!