Author Topic: Private school enrollment jumps 25 percent in Washington as exodus from PSs ...  (Read 383 times)

Offline SVPete

Private school enrollment jumps 25 percent in Washington as exodus from public schools continues

https://thepostmillennial.com/private-school-enrollment-jumps-25-percent-in-washington-as-exodus-from-public-schools-continues

Washington private schools saw a 25 percent jump in enrollment over the last three years and homeschooling saw a 42 percent increase as public school enrollment continued to fall.

According to the State Board of Education, in 2019-20, there were 65,270 students enrolled in K-12 private schools in the state. By 2022-23, that number had spiked to 81,434 students.

Additionally, the number of students that are homeschooled also increased from 20,844 in 2019-20 to 29,798 in 2022-23.

Pre-Covid both sectors - private campus schools and homeschooling were probably experiencing mild growth. Both have significant lifestyle implications. Then came Covid shutdown. At least a couple of things potentially happened. Courtesy of Zoom-schooling, parents saw what was being taught, how. Parents also had a significant involvement in overseeing their children's education and realized that they could do it - demystifying the process. It looks like one, the other, or both factors caused huge jumps in private campus schooling and homeschooling. I think these numbers are past the try-but-return-to-PS time period. I.E. these losses may be long-term.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

It’s time to cut funding for the public schools and put the teachers union back a step or two. And if funding is cut property taxes should be cut as well. Don’t give the money to politicians to piss away.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It’s time to cut funding for the public schools and put the teachers union back a step or two. And if funding is cut property taxes should be cut as well. Don’t give the money to politicians to piss away.

I'm not sure that cutting funding - in and of itself - is the answer. I would favor a much more targeted approach to funding, especially on the local side.

Just spitballing here, but maybe something like this:

First of all, let's shitcan the Department of Education. I have never been convinced that the feds have ever been able to do anything except screw things up.

Once that's done, Congress needs to allocate funding based on the number of students projected, with future disbursements reflective of gains/losses in the student population. IOW, if you lose students, you lose funding.

Here's where it gets a little interesting:

Of that funding, no more than 20% of each student's allocation goes toward administration, infrastructure, stuff other than what it actually costs to educate a student -- that being teacher salaries fundamentally.

Once you start targeting school board administrators/presidents and other bureaucrats, you'll see a bigger bang for the buck. They've been lining their own pockets for a very, very long time.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.