Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 7/28  (Read 457 times)

Offline SVPete

San Fran man arrested for assaulting elderly Asian woman had prior hate crime charge dropped

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/07/27/san-fran-man-arrested-for-assaulting-elderly-asian-woman-had-prior-hate-crime-charge-dropped-n567629

A 27-year-old man with a history of mental problems was charged this week with a series of felonies for an assault on an 88-year-old Asian woman.

Police said James Lee Ramsey, 27, was arrested Friday after allegedly kicking an 88-year-old Asian American woman to the ground. Police said the unprovoked attack took place on Ellis Street, near Market Street.
I agree with what Jenkins is saying but in this case it looks like the city has already botched its chance to deal with James Lee Ramsey. He was convicted of another random assault back in 2021 against an Asian business leader. He was facing a hate crime  initially but that charge was dropped.

1. SF has earned plenty of bashing, but in what I itallicized, writer John Sexton whiffed. San Francisco is both a city and a county. Oakland is in Alameda County, not San Francisco County. Alameda County, not San Francisco County "botched its chance to deal with James Lee Ramsey".

2. The perp has gotten wrist-slapped because he is "mentally ill". I am not a psychiatrist and don't play one on TV, but the guy is aware enough to recognize Asians fro whites, and knows the elderly are much less likely to be able to defend themselves and hurt him. A mental facility might be appropriate for him, but it should be the one in Vacaville that is part of the state prison system.

3. If you guessed that the perp is not the white MAGApublican that Progs want you to expect he is, your guess is, unsurprisingly, correct.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Wether the guy is mentally ill or not is a moot point,he is a danger to society and should be treated as such. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

SIUE officials must pay $80,000 and take free speech class to settle lawsuit

https://www.thecollegefix.com/siue-officials-must-pay-80000-and-take-free-speech-class-to-settle-lawsuit/

Three professors at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville will take training on the First Amendment in order to settle a lawsuit from a conservative Christian graduate student who alleged discrimination.

The settlement won by Alliance Defending Freedom also required SIUE officials “to revise both their policies and student handbook to ensure students with varying political, religious, and ideological views are welcome in the art therapy program” and pay $80,000, according to a news release from the legal nonprofit.

ADF’s victory on behalf of Maggie DeJong came a little over a year after the art therapy student sued her university after it issued “no-contact orders” against her and asked her peers to report her for “harmful rhetoric.”

The university did all this without investigation or DeJong being allowed to defend herself. The "no-contact orders" had the effect of banning DeJong from taking classes required to earn her Masters or Doctorate degree. Reason 932,499 DU-grade Progs hate the Alliance Defending Freedom. The ADF keeps representing and winning lawsuits for people Progs hate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

Outrageous: Biden Regime Denies RFK Secret Service Protection

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/07/28/outrageous-biden-regime-denies-rfk-secret-service-protection-n1714253

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. made the announcement on Friday morning: despite the fact that he is a candidate for the presidency of the United States, the Biden regime has denied him Secret Service protection:
The Secret Service says that “by law” it is “authorized to protect,” among others, “Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election.” Thus, RFK is legally entitled to Secret Service protection only beginning on July 5, 2024, if he is still in the race and Mayorkas deems him a “major candidate” at that time. In practice, however, how soon Secret Service protection is afforded to candidates can be based at least in part on how many death threats the candidate is receiving and how serious these threats are.
If we had any actual journalists, one of them should drop by Jimmy Carter in hospice care and ask him what he thinks of this. When another one of the uncles of RFK Jr., Ted Kennedy, was running for president in 1980, Carter didn’t hesitate. The Washington Post reported on Sept. 21, 1979: “President Carter ordered the Secret Service yesterday to provide immediate protection for Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D.Mass.), whose consideration of a presidential campaign has raised the fear of an assassination attempt such as those that struck down two of his brothers.”

Even before that, in May 1972, President Richard Nixon ordered Secret Service protection for Ted Kennedy, as well as Reps. Shirley Chisholm of New York and Wilbur Mills of Arkansas, after Gov. George Wallace of Alabama, who was at the time a serious contender for the Democratic presidential nomination, was shot and paralyzed for life at a campaign rally.

Given how violent some Biden supporters have shown themselves to be, RFK Jr. should have been offered Secret Service protection as soon as he announced he was running. Even fruitcakes deserve protection from nutjobs. :-)  :rimshot:

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Outrageous: Biden Regime Denies RFK Secret Service Protection

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/07/28/outrageous-biden-regime-denies-rfk-secret-service-protection-n1714253

Given how violent some Biden supporters have shown themselves to be, RFK Jr. should have been offered Secret Service protection as soon as he announced he was running. Even fruitcakes deserve protection from nutjobs. :-)  :rimshot:

I got $5 that says The Donald offers RFK Jr. PRIVATE SECURITY out of his own pocket for the duration of his campaign, just to shine the light on how fast and loose the Pretenders to the Throne in the Bite-Me Regime are playing with their LEGAL OBLIGATIONS if SpongeBrainShitPants was ever actually pResident and therefore obligated to a damned thing the Executive Branch was required to do.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Exploding E-Bikes: Lithium Battery Fires Spread In New York And California
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/exploding-e-bikes-lithium-battery-fires-spread-new-york-and-california

Lithium-ion batteries have sparked hundreds of fires across New York and San Francisco this year, injuring dozens and resulting in the death of a few individuals, triggering worries about ongoing public safety.

In New York, “fires caused by Lithium-ion batteries have grown exponentially every year since 2021,” Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh said on Friday during a public safety briefing. “We are now, unfortunately, seeing more and more of these kinds of extremely fast-moving, very powerful fires with some regularity in the city. As of this week, there have been 131 fires, 76 injuries, and 13 deaths caused by these Lithium-ion batteries.”

This is a significant jump from 2021 when there were 79 injuries and four deaths from such fires. In 2022, there were 142 injuries and six deaths. The 2023 death toll has already exceeded the past two years combined with roughly five months remaining in the year.

Multiple lithium-ion battery fires have made it to the headlines this year. On Jan. 20, a 63-year-old man was killed and 10 more injured after a fire from a charging e-bike spread through a home in Queens.

In April, a teenager and a 7-year-old child died in a home, also in Queens, due to a fire that erupted from an e-bike. And on May 7, four people died from a lithium battery fire that blazed through an apartment building in Upper Manhattan.

It is from Epoch Times, but there is wall.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/article/exploding-e-bikes-lithium-battery-fires-spread-in-new-york-and-california-5426839

Lithium batteries are causing more fires. New York passed a law.

People should avoid using aftermarket or generic batteries. They should desist from overcharging and avoid leaving the batteries charging overnight. When charging, the battery should be away from a person’s bed, pillow, or couch. While charging e-bikes, FDNY advises people to never leave them unattended.

A bill enacted in March seeks to prohibit the sale, lease, or rental of e-bikes and other such mobility devices as well as their storage batteries in New York which fail to meet certain safety standards. The ban will come into effect in September, making New York the first American city to do so.

The bill insists that e-mobility devices must be certified by an accredited testing laboratory for compliance with UL standards 2849, 2272, or similar safety standards set by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles in consultation with the fire department.

“The first violation of this law would be met with a warning, but subsequent violations would carry civil penalties of up to $1,000 per violating device,” states the bill summary.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:51:36 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

I got $5 that says The Donald offers RFK Jr. PRIVATE SECURITY out of his own pocket for the duration of his campaign, just to shine the light on how fast and loose the Pretenders to the Throne in the Bite-Me Regime are playing with their LEGAL OBLIGATIONS if SpongeBrainShitPants was ever actually pResident and therefore obligated to a damned thing the Executive Branch was required to do.

I bet you're right.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

I will not take that bet. That would be right out of the DJT playbook.  :stoner:

Of course, the question might be, would RFK Jr. accept it? Or would he pay for his own? According to a Forbes report, he and his wife have pulled in almost $9 million since the beginning of 2022.

But the media would love any announcement by the Donald as to such an offer.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I will not take that bet. That would be right out of the DJT playbook.  :stoner:

Of course, the question might be, would RFK Jr. accept it? Or would he pay for his own? According to a Forbes report, he and his wife have pulled in almost $9 million since the beginning of 2022.

But the media would love any announcement by the Donald as to such an offer.

That's the great thing about that particular move: the damage is done to Joe Bite-Me & Co. just by making the offer. Well, technically the damage was done when the Executive Branch refused the Secret Service protection to a legitimate presidential candidate; #JoeTheIncompetent shot himself in the foot there. But Donald Trump countering what looks to be the pettiest of decisions on Biden's part with an offer of protection to a potential political opponent takes the light of the original decision, throws it under a magnifying glass, and burns JoePedo's ass off with the heightened intensity.

RFK doesn't have to even acknowledge the offer, and Trump takes another 10-12 point leap over Biden in the Dim'Rats own heavily slanted polls. RFK accepts, or even just politely declines the offer, and both of them relegate Joseph Robinette Biden to the Dim'Rat junior varsity bench for the remainder of the campaign.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus