Current Events > General Discussion

Hard rock band Kiss sells brand and songs for $300m

(1/2) > >>

enslaved1:
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68735699

--- Quote ---The hard rock band Kiss has sold its back catalogue of songs to a Swedish music investor for a figure thought to be upwards of $300m (£237m).

Stockholm-based Pophouse Entertainment also bought the group's brand, likeness and intellectual property.

The sale marks the band's retirement from live performances on their End of the Road World Tour.
--- End quote ---

I mean, Gene especially has always been about the money, but this idea (which other musicians have done) still rubs me the wrong way. especially stuff like this

--- Quote ---Mr Simmons, who sang and played bass for the band, along with his co-founder and co-lead singer Paul Stanley, will continue to be closely involved with the ongoing development of the brand and AI-generated material that leans into the band's library of work.
--- End quote ---

They did big computer generated "avatars", and I've heard interviews with Gene and Paul saying Kiss could theoretically go on after they are gone, but any AI generated music just disturbs me.  I mean so much current music is already by the numbers, it might be very difficult to tell the difference.

Drafe Hoblin:
The utter Hanna-Barbera ization of the band is now complete.

enslaved1:

--- Quote from: Drafe Hoblin on April 06, 2024, 10:51:05 PM ---The utter Hanna-Barbera ization of the band is now complete.

--- End quote ---

Nope, apparently that was back in 2015.   :rotf:

Airwolf:
It might sound like KISS and look like KISS but this will never be KISS. Sorry but that is the truth.

FlaGator:
I wonder how they distribute money who Ace and Peter who have writing credits and ownership to many of the songs on their first 8 albums?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version