Author Topic: Unless you yourself have been in the streets protesting, stop saying America is  (Read 755 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212725207

Grasswire2 (5,422 posts)

Unless you yourself have been in the streets protesting, stop saying America is "lost" or "finished"

The world over, today, people are fighting for democracy in their countries, taking to the streets en masse in the face of authoritarian rule.

Fighting with flaming arrows, rocks, their voices, their bodies. Giving their all. Many giving their very lives.

Just as patriots did in Revolutionary America -- the ones who suffered and died so that WE could be free of tyranny.

We say we are a resistance. How have we resisted?

Some here on DU are telling us it's all over. Autocracy has won. The run ends at 243 years. We're done.

I say that until America is in the street in mass protest, we have not begun to use the tools of democracy.

After that, the next tool against tyranny is a general strike.

Look around. Look around the world.

If the people will stand together, there is nothing we can't accomplish.

Do you plan to let our Bill of Rights, our genius Constitution go with so little resistance?
The "tools of democracy" do not include crude, misspelled, and profane signs; ***** hats; and screaming in the street. Pretty much the only tool we need is the ballot box. Duh. Like WE used in 2010 and 2014 to wrest the reins of power out of the hands of Barack Obama, who turned around and said he would ignore the Constitution, and the will of the people, and govern via execute order. And, can someone PLEASE tell me how life in this country is so wretched that we are now talking about a general strike. Wouldn't people have to be pretty miserable for that to happen? We're not. Businesses are hiring all over, consumers have their choice of lots of goodies, and the only real problems I see are the ones the Dems have caused--like the student loan "crisis."

Really, what have we "lost" that makes anyone think this country is "finished?"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh dear.

Pie-and-Jam Judy, who surely by now has reached her eighties, calling for armed insurrection?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Is that post something like a p@#$%-hat measuring contest?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
What protesting? I'll go..................to work.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

The world over, today, people are fighting for democracy in their countries, taking to the streets en masse in the face of authoritarian rule.

Fighting with flaming arrows, rocks, their voices, their bodies. Giving their all. Many giving their very lives.

While you sit on your fat, dead ass complaining on a stupid internet forum full of fools and losers like you. :thatsright: :loser: :loser: :loser: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline GOP Congress

The vast majority of Iranian and Hong Kongian protesters are their country's / jurisdiction's version of MAGA hatters, resist queen.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle