Author Topic: Mr. Snuggle Bunny can't fly Southwest?!?!?!  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Madam Firecracker

Mr. Snuggle Bunny can't fly Southwest?!?!?!
« on: June 17, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
As many of you know, I sent the petition to Southwest Airlines asking that they allow bunnies to fly. I collected 505 signatures, and put together a package with a cover letter of explanation, as well as some photos of bunnies flying, and bunnies with wings, and some cute logos and slogans.

Today I finally recieved a response. I'm posting the response in it's entireity. I'm so disappointed, I'm fighting back tears. Not just for their utter denial of our request, but because of the flippent ( I guess they're trying to be funny) wording of their letter. Their arguments are invalid and laughable, but I'm too heartbroken to laugh.

Dear Ms. Huffman,

We are in receipt of your response to Customer Relations Writing Representative Sarah's June 7 letter as well as your petition for us to "give bunnies wings." Though we certainly agree that rabbits make adorable, beloved pets, I'm afraid that the only ones who could ever "hop" onboard Southwest are Easter bunnies ( or perhaps millionhares like Bugs Bunny, only because we really want his autograph!)

Our research indicates that rabbits often display aggression toward people (especially in stressful, hare-raising situations) and have a tendency to dig and chew (including wires). Not to mention, we've heard that bunnies reproduce at incredible rates, and we don't want to see some "Bugs and thugs" engaging in a reenactment of Carrotblanca in the air!

We know that the majority of Flopsys, Mopsys, and Cottontails are good little bunnies, but we simply can't risk having a Peter Rabbit in our midst-it would make our Flight Attendants absolutely Looney Tunes!  We understand that your little Napoleon Bunnyparts want to get out and explore the world with you, and we're very sorry that we can't allow them to fly. Perhaps you could invest in some Hare Jordans for them instead?

But in all seriousness, we greatly appreciate your feedback; you've certainly presented a strong case in support of this cause. Please know that I've shared a copy of your letters with the appropriate Leaders for review and consideration. However, at this time, we have no plans to accept pets other than small, well behaved cats and dogs. We hope you can appreciate that this decision was made out of our concern for the Safety and comfort of everyone onboard. And we hope our policy won't, in fact, deter you and the signers of your petition from traveling with us. It's always our privelege to serve you.

Sincerely,

Adrienne E. Browne

http://bunspace.com/forum/thread?tid=9701&posts_tgp_no=4&posts_tgp_limit=10

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Mr. Snuggle Bunny can't fly Southwest?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
I don't need those bigoted bastards!

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline cavegal

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
Oh the BUNN-ANN-A-TEA!!   :-)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:31:33 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »
Everybody knows that it's Frontier Airlines that lets bunnies fly with them:

Don't waste your time with those Southwest losers, Snuggs.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:19 AM »
Ptarmy's running Southwest Airlines???  I did NOT know that!

Although, I doubt it was he writing that letter -- there was not one single instance of some of his more *ahem* colorful descriptions of the little critters!  :-)

:stirpot:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »

Although, I doubt it was he writing that letter -- there was not one single instance of some of his more *ahem* colorful descriptions of the little critters!  :-)

uh. oh.  This might just get to fight club.   :uhsure:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline cavegal

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »
    :lmao:   Napoleon Bunnyparts!!! :-) Sorry just think that name is so cute!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:36:35 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »

All bunnies have been banned from flying Southwest. They will be barred effective immediately. They are on a "No Fly" List for engaging the Great Ptarmigan/Rabbit War. There is an arrest warrant for Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Greg the Bunny, Peter Cottontail, Peter Rabbit, and Jazz the Jackrabbit.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:03 PM »
What about Roger Rabbit?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
What about Roger Rabbit?

Rotting in Hell with all the other filthy bunnies.  :evillaugh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline cavegal

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »
All bunnies have been banned from flying Southwest. They will be barred effective immediately. They are on a "No Fly" List for engaging the Great Ptarmigan/Rabbit War. There is an arrest warrant for Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Greg the Bunny, Peter Cottontail, Peter Rabbit, and Jazz the Jackrabbit.
So the Energizer  Bunny gets a pass??????? :rotf: :fuelfire:

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »
uh. oh.  This might just get to fight club.   :uhsure:

Jeez, I hope not -- I just thought it was a funny topic to make a comment in.

As a discussion forum newbie, I wasn't aware of the backstory between the ptarmigans and the rabbits so I googled "Great Ptarmigan/Rabbit War" . . . let's just say there's been a good deal of passionate discourse back and forth about it -- I had no idea!
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
Jeez, I hope not -- I just thought it was a funny topic to make a comment in.

As a discussion forum newbie, I wasn't aware of the backstory between the ptarmigans and the rabbits so I googled "Great Ptarmigan/Rabbit War" . . . let's just say there's been a good deal of passionate discourse back and forth about it -- I had no idea!

Heh.  It wouldn't be your fault anyway.  Everyone is different.  Even Rabbits and Ptarmigans.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »
Rotting in Hell with all the other filthy bunnies.  :evillaugh:
Did you ever send your kids to cooking class?

Because they sure make good omelets.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »

Any thoughts on the Energizer Bunny?

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »

:rotf: :lmao:
Piney Power!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
Any thoughts on the Energizer Bunny?
Great guy. Not much of a drinker though.

Still his sister was a freak. She would just keep going and going and going...

Offline cavegal

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Great guy. Not much of a drinker though.

Still his sister was a freak. She would just keep going and going and going...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cheersmate: